“One night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Long Lake
Worthington, Minnesota, United States
“One night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Americinns by large are nice places for the $$. This one pretty much the same, rooms were ok, towels very old and worn. Front desk staff in the Morning, more interested in their homework. And Breakfast...what breakfast?...no waffle batter for waffle iron, by 8am most was gone, refrigerator had some things but it was warm and not operating. One gal sad, "again" nothing left, and left disgusted? Its a nice little hotel for a one night stay, but don’t give up another breakfast for theirs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mount Airy, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Although the room was adequate, the service was deplorable. Over 1/2 of the lobby lights were turned-off (intentionally) --even over the stairwell going to the 2nd floor. No replacement of soap or shampoo the second day. I tried to reach the hotel operator at 9 PM one evening, no one ever answered the phone after 2 attempts. The breakfast food was terrible -- no attendant anywhere to ask questions, including the front desk. The biggest issue was checking out -- my business trip was shortened by one day so I checked out one day early. After waiting for the front desk clerk (I swear I woke her up ringing the bell) -- I was told the computer system was down and I was promised a copy of the bill the next day -- wrong. After waiting a week -- no bill -- I went on-line to look at my American Express transaction and discovered I was charged for all 3 nights, not 2 nights. I called the night clerk and was promised a call the next morning by the manager the next morning -- that didn't happen. I called the manager and was told the system was still down and a credit could not be issued until my story was verified. Somehow they managed to process the charge but could not get to anything that verified I checked out a day early. Terrible, terrible experience. My suggestion --spend the extra money to stay in a properly run facility. This place is run like a hobby -- not a business. How anyone could possibly recommend this place is beyond me. Oh yeah, I forgot another interesting point,one of the staff members had no problem letting his dog run loose in the lobby -- not once but twice during my stay. Truly a unique experience --- we'll see if they man-up to my departuring a day early -- somehow I doubt it.

Tim Loden --

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jamestown, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have stayed at a few American Inns before and this was not that nice. Good size room but no fridge, no Microwave and toilet leaked. I was not worth the 100 dollars for one night stay. Had to get ice from the machine for my cooler to keep things cold. I have stayed at smaller cheaper ones and they atleast had a fridge even if it was a very small one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My stay was awful from the moment of walking into the room as it smelled musty and dank. The room was not as I booked online and when asked for a change was told there were no other rooms that could accommodate me. The furnishing were old and in disrepair. When getting ready to take a shower I noticed excessive dripping of yellowish water from the ceiling tiles above the tub. I heard the water begin to run in the room above and the dripping turned into a deluge. I called the front desk who responded that it probably would stop once the occupants above were done showering. I was not offered any other solution such as a room change. I ended up showering in a relative's room during my two night stay. The only solution offerd from the staff was a $20 deduction on the room rate. I frequently travel to the area and will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

Everyone at the hotel was so friendly, every requests was granted. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast was perfect. Our kids loved the pool!! It was a great stay!!

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Weekend was too short
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!