“DISSAPOINTED!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Litchfield, Minnesota
“DISSAPOINTED!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was a regular customer sorry to say not anymore! I was there last Sunday (July 7,2013) and I walked in with someone else for a sit down meal and in front of the whole entire restaurant including people at the register that were paying she yells "NOPE WE'RE FULL YOU GUYS GOTTA LEAVE"! And so we turned right back around and left but noticed 4 other people walking in after us and apparently stayed to eat because they never came out. I was not only embarrassed in front of everyone but very angry that I was treated less than the people that walked in after us. She could have said you guys are welcome to wait at the table outside and enjoy a margarita meanwhile a table opens but no she would have rather lost a customer that always recommends a lot of people to eat there, not anymore though.~~ LeeAnn

Visited July 2013
calgalinmn1956, online manager at Carlito's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
On behalf of Carlito's, I would like to apologize for the way you were treated during this visit. I spoke to Jill about your review, and she does not remember this specific incident, however she did recognize you as a good customer. Jill works hard to make sure her customers have an enjoyable experience at her restaurant, and in this case I can only guess that she was working a bit too hard letting the stress at the end of a long week get to her. The restaurant does have a seating limit, so that could explain why she was unable to seat you. As for the customers who went in after you, once again my guess is that they may have called ahead for a reservation. Carlito's is a unique place, and I'm sure that you have had many good times there. While I don't blame you for being upset over this incident, I hope you will give Carlito's another chance sometime in the future.

Excelsior, Minnesota
“Just a really fun, unique place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were out riding our motorcycles and I found this online as an interesting place to go. It was easy to find in the strip mall off of Hwy 12. Jill, the owner, is a character. I love to go to a one of a kind place like this. When you go in, you can help yourself to chips, salsa and a drink. Jill will come over and talk to you about what you like to eat. There is sort of a menu but really she just listens to what kind of thing you want and makes it. I am always looking for a place to have fish tacos and these were good. Most meals with a soda and the chips are just under $10. The decor is kitsch. A good time was had by all.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
calgalinmn1956, online manager at Carlito's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We're glad you found us, and that you enjoyed your visit to Carlito's. So nice of you to take the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. Now that you know where we are, we hope to see you again soon! Many thanks.
Plato, Minnesota, United States
“a must go to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It is a friendly down home place to go. The minute you walk in the door you are greeted by Jill Swisher the Owner. If you want to go to a place that you will have a great time, feel welcome, great food, and meet great people this is the place.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Many thanks for taking the time to review Carlito's. Jill loves serving great food to her customers, and is so pleased when you do feel at home, and enjoy the experience. Hope to see you again soon!
Eden Valley, Minnesota, United States
“My favorite Mexican restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

A group of friends and I love meeting at Carlito's for an evening meal. The food is ALWAYS excellent and Jill is so friendly and welcoming the minute we walk in the door. I would encourage everyone to check it out.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Such a pleasure to hear that you and your friends enjoy stopping into Carlito's. Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. Jill truly appreciates it.
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Wow, did not expect that”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I did not expect such an amazing experience and great food based on the location. Carlitos proves you can't judge a book by its cover. Exceptional food! Love the self serve bar! The owner really does it all and makes ou feel like a regular customer on your first visit. Worth the drive!!! I will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
calgalinmn1956, online manager at Carlito's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks so much for stopping into Carlito's and for taking the time to write a review. Jill, the owner of Carlito's, loves it when her customers enjoy the food and the experience. We're glad you found us, and look forward to seeing you again soon.