“great hotel for business stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lino Lakes
travelingwithkids67
“great hotel for business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was not expecting much given a low rating on another site, but was pleasantly surprised at how clean and well kept this hotel is especially for the price. It is a great value.

Staff at the desk were great, very helpful. Not much around this area at all. A Target a drive fast food restaurants and thats about it. I used the gym (2 ellipticals and treadmill) the indoor pool looked clean..
The lobby area was nice and clean with a coffee station.

I would stay here again when on business travel in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bowling Green, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have relied on staying at the Hampton Inn since it opened a few years ago. The property is always in clean, kept up condition. The suites (our preference for this hotel) are spacious, updated and always clean. (I have a real issue with dirty or tired looking rooms.)

While the hotel is in an underdeveloped area (not a lot of hotels in the area, but it is growing), we find it very easy to reach almost any of the Twin Cities areas with very little problem.

Room Tip: Choose a suite. For the money, you can't beat it in the area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We love hearing from our guests on how their stay was. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future.
Scott Grell
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in the last week of May on a business trip. Was initially in a room facing the back but they upgraded me to a suite in front and this was superb. Nothing much around the hotel other than a Target to shop in but local shopping centres are close by. Not much of a breakfast choice available although there is the usual scrambled egg and bread, yogurt, juices, teas/coffees etc Wifi is free.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room as the back seems to face some sort of cement factory although hidden by...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Had a night stay at this hotel, it's located in secluded area which is very quiet. My room was very spacious and i really enjoy that. There's fridge and microwave in the room. Their fitness room is a bit smaller and feel cramp in there. They also have a game room which is the first time that i see one in a Hampton which is good for kids. Around the area, i saw a Target and Kohls nearby. There are no restaurant nearby except McD that i see, so you might have to drive further.
The breakfast is typical hampton, which i always enjoy their cooked oatmeal. Overall, it was an pleasant stay as the room itself is spacious and clean. It's a bit further up from St paul and i was on my way to Duluth area so that's why i choose this area. I would stay here again next time i have to go up north, otherwise i would choose around Minneapolis area as i have to work around the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bemidji, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I'm not usually one to write a bad review. We were staying here in a large group for a youth hockey tournament. We were invited last minute to this tournament, so we booked late, the hotel wouldn't honor the group rate. By its self, not a big deal, but, my line of thinking is that with this large group of hockey families had filled their hotel, I would think that they would be interested in helping us out a little bit. There were plenty of rooms left, just didn't seem to care.

Next issue, we were given a smoking room which would normally be ok, but the odor was pretty strong, the people before us must have been smoking cigars in the room. Our youngsters asthma acted up pretty bad. We brought it up at the desk, apologized, and asked what could be done, because the room wasn't going to work with the asthma, so I asked if i could pay for a room upgrade. The hotel clerk didn't say a word, she walked away, came back, and handed us a can of febreze. I couldn't even get enough of a conversation to get the room upgraded, so I walked away from the desk, and called the hotel by phone, then I was able to pay another $20 on the rate to upgrade.

Lastly, The last night, we were discussing the extra 45 bucks on the room rate, and we were told that there is a discount advertised right on the website for 20% off for US Hockey Team members. I brought this up to the clerk, in front of several people, she giggled about it and said, "I know its on the website, but we just don't honor that offer"

I after interacting with several staff members, I got a feeling that they just didn't care too much.
So I did some digging, and I found on some other sites, reviews that consistently said similar things, that its a nice place, but if any issues arise, don't count on any interest in the staff to help you out.

with the large number of hotels in the immediate area, I would have to suggest finding a different one. The service issue really turned me off, and i would especially think that might be a little too much of a risk to take with large groups such as ours.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Barbara W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes, we are grateful for your feedback. I was disappointed to hear that you experienced such poor service while you were here, as we strive for 100% satisfaction. If you would be so kind as to contact me at your earliest convenience, I would appreciate an opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay.

Warmest Regards,

Scott Grell
Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes MN
763-746-7999
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is another amazing Hampton Inn! We have never been disappointed. We were able to have an early check in since we are silver Hilton Honors members, which was nice since my husband had just had outpatient surgery and needed to rest. The staff was helpful, making sure we had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet, ensuring a good night's rest. Breakfast was very good. I would stay here again and will definitely recommend it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pecatonica, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Rooms are very spacious. I did not eat breakfast but grabbed a breakfast bag to go.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lino Lakes? Share your experiences!