Been to 3 different islands within the Maldives, and this is by far the worst. Came for a day trip to see if it would be worth coming back for longer, but I definitely won't be back. A relaxing day was quickly turned in to a bureaucratic storm by the staff who seem to love their pointless rules and procedures, chatting behind the bar to their colleagues while paying customers wait for them to finish chatting so that they can be served, and then speak rudely to their customers. It is the polar opposite of Chaaya Island which is fantastic in every way and highly recommended.
To add to that, the beaches are not overly extensive, the facilities clearly aged/not well maintained and the lunch was somewhat limited.
1. I asked reception if I could borrow a beach towel for use on their beach. "No we don't provide beach towels". What? An island resort which advertises beaches but doesn't supply beach towels? Right.
2. Went to have some lunch, was told that we could not sit indoors due to tables indoors being reserved for guests only (I.e. not day trippers). So, we were the only people sitting outdoors while there were dozens of free tables indoors. Not a big deal, but felt awkward being segregated when it seemed we didn't need to be.
3. Bar attendant was about as useful as a one legged man at kicking competition when it came to ordering a counter meal and paying for it. Too busy chatting to his friends.
Don't forget to pack some patience and scissors to cut through their imposed bureaucracy. I've renamed it Inconvenience Village.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Embudu Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embudu Village Hotel Emboodhu Finolhu
- Embudu Village Male
- Embudu Village Hotel Male