“Hotel & wedding reception here” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lakeville
Hancock, Minnesota, United States
“Hotel & wedding reception here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is a bit over the price we like to pay but we had a wedding reception here so it was worth the convenience of staying here. The rooms were large & clean & well stocked. The grand kids loved the pool area with its slide & kiddie pool. It is a large motel & we got turned around many times trying to find our room or the lobby. Unfortunately, most of the cleaning staff we asked directions of spoke no English.
We arrived at 10:30 am. Check in was 4:00 but they had a room clean & graciously allowed us early check in which helped immensely as we had a wedding to attend at 2:00. There is no continental breakfast here which we missed. There is a restaurant attached but for the price of the room we would have appreciated a free breakfast. We did have breakfast at the restaurant & it was reasonable & very good. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014
Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay. I hope you found the wedding reception fun and enjoyable!!! I am sorry that there was some trouble communicating with my staff. I have taken this feedback and provided coaching to each of them so they are better able to assist my future guests.

Thank you for your feedback and for helping us improve.

Until next time!

Andy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Escanaba, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here when we could not find a hotel anywhere near the Mall of America: all the close hotels were full or scary. It's only a quick commute from the Mall and for a family it's perfect: the hotel outside, inside, and pool are all very fine. Poolside rooms are sound-proofed (we overslept the first morning expecting the sound of activity to wake us) but exit right out poolside to a small bistro-style patio (or balcony) where you can chill with the wifi while the kids enjoy the waterslide and overhead water showers. Easy to find with many quality restaurants nearby. Incredibly professional staff. No complimentary breakfast but I usually find those breakfasts disappointing anyway compared to..well...anything tastier than beef jerky and coffee. The attached restaurant has an acceptable breakfast (underspiced... a style of food I refer to as "ala geezer") and a wonderful dinner. We had the bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos, bleu cheese meatloaf, and 5-cheese italian-sausage lasagna. Can't recommend this too highly.

Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I am so glad you had a wonderful stay! My daughters love our water slide and zero depth pool as well! My personal favorite Rudy's entree is the Rudy's Chicken Sandwich or the Meatloaf stack! YUM!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! Please give us a call if we can assist you in booking your future travel needs!

Thanks again!

Hoople, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We spent one night in Lakeville and were very pleased with the room - great bed, clean and quiet! We didn't have time to use the pool area, and did not eat breakfast in the attached restaurant due to a prior commitment. After arriving home, I realized I had left a book in the room, so called the hotel. They checked their "lost and found" and immediately called back to report they found it. I offered to pay shipping charges to return it, but they said they would cover the cost. I'm very impressed with this service!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Sue,

I am so glad we were able to reunite you with your book! If there is anything we can ever do to assist you with your future stays please let us know.

Thanks again!

minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

When I arrived, I also found we were named the VIP of the day and received a real nice upgrade with a bag of goodies. The front desk and employees were very helpful. Talked Cassandra to thank them for the upgrade. She was very gracious and professional. Also received kids eat free coupons for the nice restaurant attached to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
YAY! VIP! It is always so fun celebrating VIP of the Day with our guests! I am glad that you had a great stay and really appreciate the kind words. Cassandra and team do a remarkable job taking care of our extended family and I am proud to work with them.

Thank you so much for taking to express your feelings about your stay.

Until next time! ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I flew in from Phoenix to spend a few days with my daughter-in-law and two small grandkids. What a surprise it was to find out that I was the VIP of the day. My pool side room was upgraded to a suite and the front desk took care of anything that we needed. The suite was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The kids had such a blast in the kiddie pool. It was a great experience and I will definitely stay there the next time I fly in.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Congratulations on being our VIP of the day during your recent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed the suite upgrade and that your grandkids enjoyed the pool, especially the kids splash pad. I was also pleased to hear that your room was clean and the beds comfortable. I will pass along your comments to our outstanding housekeeping department and let them know to keep up the good work. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. We rally appreciate your business and hope to serve you again in the future.
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We had a 2-day business meeting there. The meeting rooms were excellent as was the food and beverage service. Also outstanding were the front desk personnel and the wait staff for food and beverage. Restaurant/bar has excellent ambiance. Only issue - we arrived on Sunday evening and the restaurant/bar was closed. Very easy drive from MSP airport. Suite sleeping rooms comfortable and spacious and included refrigerator and microwave. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and using our meeting facilities. I am glad we could provide you with a one stop shop for your meeting and accommodation needs while in the Minneapolis area. Also, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the hotel. I really appreciate all your kind words and I have passed along your comments to each department to let them know they did such a great job with your group. We always strive to provide the best service possible. Thanks again for your business and I hope we get the chance to serve you again in the future.
okapigirl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Problem with my television repaired promptly. There was mildew in the grout of my tub but otherwise the room was clean. I learned that one of the guests of the hotel had some expensive jeans stolen-she suspected the staff since they were the only other traffic through her room during the few hours she was out.
The waterpark is great for kids-if you are staying for business the inside rooms may not be good for you since they share the pool's corridor.
The restaurant connected to the hotel is nice and has a great bar. The staff is nice and very efficient. The food quality can be inconsistent since I had the same dish more than once and each time it was different and sometimes even only lukewarm. The workout facility has fully functional equipment.

Room Tip: First floor is noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear that our staff was accommodating and helpful and that despite a few minor issues we were able to promptly address your concerns. I have passes along your comments about the restaurant and housekeeping to their respective managers to make them aware of your comments. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again in the future. Thanks again for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Lakeville and have a great day!

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!