“Very comfortable and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lakeville
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Very comfortable and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My family and I stayed in the Holiday Inn Lakeville for 3 nights in April. We live about two miles from here, but needed to be out of our house for a while during the process of refinishing our hardwood floors. We chose the hotel due to its location, but it really has been a great choice. The staff have been very nice, and the lobby is comfortable and well set up for hanging out. There are free newspapers and warm cookies daily, which is a nice bonus. My son and I have enjoyed the pool area each night, which consists of a pool with some basketball hoops and a slide, a separate kiddie pool, and a very large hot tub. The water is the perfect temperature, and the pools are seldom busy. Very nice for hotel pools.

The room we had, which was standard, was very comfortable. There are many soft pillows, and the beds are spacious. There is a nice, flatscreen TV and plenty of place to store luggage and other stuff. Each room has a fridge and microwave, which we found handy. Our room had a little balcony that looks over the pool area, which my son found very cool. The towels are a little rough, but the soap, shampoo, and lotion they provide are pretty high quality (I think they are a Bath and Body Works brand). The shower is great for a hotel, with a high shower head (I'm tall, so that's important to me) and good water pressure. One minor complaint I have about our room (273) is that the air vent blows right onto the beds, so there is a pretty steady, albeit slight, draft when sleeping. I covered up well and it didn't bother me much, but it is noticeable.

The hotel is very quiet. I didn't hear a peep from anyone else while in the room, which is fantastic. We were there during the week, however, so weekends may be more raucous. From what I've seen, however, I think it is a well-soundproofed place in general so you'll probably be okay regardless.

The hotel is attached to a nice restaurant called Rudy's Red Eye. They have a nice selection of steak, chicken, sandwiches, and pasta, and they have a nice bar area. There is also a pizza place very close by and a few other restaurants less than a mile to the south. Plenty to choose from for a traveler. The hotel does not provide a free breakfast, which I found to be disappointing, but they will do room service all day.

Overall, this is a nice hotel and I would stay here again. Speaking as a resident, I can say that it's clearly the best option in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our property here on Trip Advisor. I'm glad we could offer you and your family a place to stay while your floors were being refinished. It was very refreshing to hear all of the positive comments you had regarding our hotel. I'll talk to our maintenance dept about that slight draft and get that figured out. I'm glad you guys had such a good experience with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the property to attend a wedding that was all contained in the hotel. We were very surprised at the size of our room. It truly was a suite which was a very nice surprise. The value for the money paid was excellent. They do have a very nice indoor water park for a quick family get away without leaving the Twin Cities. Very, very nice. Would stay there again without hesitation.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
I am so happy our hotel made such a good impression on you. I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to write up a review for us here on Trip Advisor. I was glad to hear you thought of suites as real suites. We are proud to be able to offer nice 2 room deluxe suites with doors that separate the bedroom from the living room area. Sometimes it's nice to be able to have that privacy, especially when traveling with family or a larger group. I hope that the next time you are in our area you will come back and let us take care of you again. Thanks again.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed in a two room suite with my wife and our 4 kids on a Thursday night. Room was great as far as size wise and very clean.

Pool area was not crowded and is better suited for kids 7 and under. There is one slide for older kids.

At 200 bucks a night it was what I expected and would return.

Stayed March 2014
Sometimes a Stay-cation can be just as good as, if not better, than going out of town. I was happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy a nice stay at the hotel and use the pool with the kids. Our two room suites are a big hit with families who love to use the pool. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Rosemount, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The staff is amazing. The front desk was so helpful - I had multiple requests, all which were handled immediately and to my satisfaction. Even a friendly staff member offered to bring my luggage carrier back up front for me. They have coffee and water available in the main foyer which sounds like something small but it's all the little things that made a great stay. The water park and arcade was a hit with the kids. My only suggestion would be to close that earlier it was kind of loud after we went to bed. We booked 4 rooms and will be back I'm sure again.

Room Tip: If you are going to bed before 11pm do not spend the extra money on a poolside room, unless there ar...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I was delighted to hear that you found our customer service to be above and beyond your expectations. That is certainly what we strive for everyday. Our property is a great meeting place for families and friends to come together and swim and share in the common areas that make our hotel so unique. I am happy to hear all of your requests were satisfied and you and your family were able to enjoy some relaxation time together. While the pool area can get a little loud during the pool hours, we do always try to make sure that after closing the pool we keep it very quiet in the area so guests with poolside rooms don't have to worry about being kept up at night. I'm glad you and your family had such a good time and we hope to see you guys again in the future.
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The kids and grandkids asked for a night at a hotel with a waterpark as part of their 2013 Christmas presents. Booked 4 poolside rooms in December for us to use in February when our schedules would all sync. In December, we went in to make our reservation and front desk staff was extremely helpful with my wishlist. Was so glad I got poolside as it was a terrific relaxing atmosphere in a warm area. My main selection of the HI in Lakeville was because it did have poolside rooms. Could not find another waterpark type hotel in the area that had that, and I wanted a spot where my grandkids were not running back and forth to their rooms in the chilly hallways. Granted, the area was busy, and lots of kids, but 6 of those were my grandkids, so no complaints from me. Our rooms were all lined up, so we pulled a table over so I could put food and snacks out for the kids/grandkids. (There was an additional "fence" around the water area, separate from the tables and chairs) The adults, including my husband and I spent most of our time in the good size hot tub. The adults played dice around that table while the kids continued to swim until 11pm when the pool closed. It opened again at 8am, and we were all out there again until 11am check out. We all had a great time, and it felt like a mini vacation. It also looked like a good place for an afternoon birthday/pool party in the winter, or a great place to celebrate New Year's with the family. Hmmmm........

Room Tip: Highly recommend poolside if you are staying with little swimmers.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Christmas in February sounds like a great time!! I am so glad we were able to accommodate you and your family for your mini vacation. We always try to provide a family friendly place for people to gather and enjoy a nice warm pool area on these cold Minnesota nights. I really appreciate you taking the time to review our property and am glad you all had such a good time. We hope to provide you and your family the same great service again in the future.
Bloomer, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This weekend was filled with great service and excellent food. This hotel was fabulous and we had a great time. The volleyball team and parents all stayed and we couldn't have asked for better service and relaxation. Great job!!

• Stayed February 2014
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad you found the service to be excellent. We strive to provide the best service possible and I am happy to hear we met your standard of excellence. Thank you again for choosing us as you're team's choice of accommodations while in the area. I hope we get the chance to "wow" you and your team again in the future.
Edina, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here after a snow storm made it so we could not get home. What a perfect place to get stuck at. The rooms were very clean and they had a water slide. My son had a great time! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy we were able to provide you with a fun and relaxing place to stay during an unfortunate situation. We look forward to providing the same great service in the future whether you are stuck in a snow storm or just coming to play in the pool.

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!