“Wedding Accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lakeville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wedding Accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at Legends Golf Club in Prior Lake and we utilized the Holiday Inn and Suites in Lakeville for the hotel accommodations. We were very pleased with the communication (essential when planning a wedding) that we had with the hotel staff (especially Danielle) prior to our event as well as during our stay. Our guests were pleased with the rooms and quality of service. We utilized the shuttle service they offered to transport guests and Danielle made the whole process run smoothly and the shuttle driver was excellent and accomodating. If you are holding a reception in the Lakeville area I would definitely recommend using this hotel! There is also a restaurant/bar attached that everyone enjoyed after the reception (open until 1pm) and the next day for brunch!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was pleased to hear that our sales and catering staff were so helpful and accommodating. It sounds like you guys had a great time from top to bottom. I'm so glad we were able to provide that for you. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is the best Holiday Inn property that our family has stayed at in the last 2 years. The room, lobby, elevator and hallways were all very clean and well maintained. We stayed in a king suite room that had a small kitchen area. There was a separate living and bedroom area, which was perfect for our 12 year old son. All of the room accommodations and appointments were perfect. We immediately felt comfortable and were able to relax. We travelled from IL for an evening event. There were 2 closets, which was perfect so we didn't have to hang our dress clothes with all of our coats. My son took advantage of the mini-water park. I was especially impressed with the extra staff that attended specifically to the park when the water slide was used. Our room overlooked the pool so we were able to watch our son without leaving the room. There were only a few minor things which kept this from being a 5-star rating. There were not enough trash cans in the room. There were 2 small cans, one in the bathroom and one in the living area. I would have appreciated one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen area. We had to use plastic bags we had for trash that did not fit in the 2 very small receptacles that were provided. I think it was just weird not to have a garbage container in what was otherwise a really great kitchen nook. Also, our room had not been cleaned by 2pm the second day and we needed to get ready for our event. The woman at the front desk was flustered and unhelpful. She called the housekeeping manager, who was very calm, understanding and accommodating. She brought us fresh towels and promised to send someone after 5pm to make sure the room was clean after we returned from our event. If you have options, don't eat at the restaurant that is attached. The food was not tasty and the atmosphere was dark. It would be a fine place if you just want drinks. Both my husband and I thought the bed was very comfortable, but we both hated the pillows. The were extra firm and fluffy. It felt like we were being propped up the whole night we both had sore necks when we woke up. The pull out couch was below average. Compared to the rest of the room, I expected the couch mattress would be at least average. Be aware that I-35 is under construction. Once that is done, travel to the location will be better. There is a nearby Super Target and the largest Walmart I have ever been to!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to get a room near the pool. The sliding doors did a good job limiting the noise...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Wow! I am so happy to hear you think of us as the best Holiday Inn property that you've stayed at in the last couple of years. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and offer some feedback. I'm not sure if you guys knew or not but we do offer a selection of either firm or soft pillows in each room, so I apologize if that you found the pillows less than up to your standard. I have also spoken to our housekeeping department about the possibility of adding some larger garbage cans to suites. Thank you for the suggestion. I hope we get a chance to see you again in the future.
Lake Forest, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was here for 2 nights for business. I wish I had my kids with me because the indoor mini water park was amazing. The on-site restaurant was the perfect place for breakfast before meetings and the front desk staff was helpful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our property. I am so glad you found the restaurant to be a great place for breakfast before your meetings. It also pleases me to hear that our front desk staff was very helpful during your stay. We do strive to offer the best customer service in the business and it sounds like we did a great job of that during your stay with us. Thanks again and I hope you can bring the kids to use our pool sometime in the future.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I got a block of rooms, and also a room for us. The hotel was really understanding and super kind. Danielle was really accommodating and was great at communicating with us. Also the hotel was clean and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. From our sales staff to our front desk and Housekeeping staff we pride ourselves on providing the best service possible to all of our guests. I am glad you and your guests found our hotel to be clean and well maintained and that Danielle in our sales department was helpful and attentive to your needs. Again, we thank you for your review.
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for just one night for a wedding that was at a near by golf course. We were able to get an early check in which was extremely helpful, front desk service fast, pleasant and friendly. We had a king room which was very spacious. At first entry, room was visibly clean, smelled pleasant and current decor was modern and appealing. At second glance, room was actually really clean, bed was super comfy and to be honest, both my husband and I were sad we were only there for one night :)

Overall great place and would go back there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richfield, M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I got married just SW of Lakeville at CreeksBend Golf Course on 9/28/2013 and utilized the Holiday Inn and Suites in Lakeville as the main accomidations for our wedding. Not only was our stay, and all of the dozens of other guests of our's stays we're absolutely perfect. Not a single issue, nor a complaint arose. The entire staff at the H.I. Lakeville is amazing, from the receptionists at the front desk who checked us all in and help us get situated, to the sales and catering team who helped us feed our guests late night in the event room. We could not have asked for a better experience, and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay in the South Metro.

Thanks again H.I. Lakeville Team!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite, which was awesome. Most of our guests stayed in standard rooms, and we heard n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I brought my 11 yo daughter and 4 friends to the Holiday Inn & Suites for an overnight birthday party. I know...it could have been disastrous but they had a BLAST!

Check-in was a breeze...even with 5 little girls squealing! =) We got wristbands for the pool right at check-in and were told they could be replaced if need be. We also were told kids eat free at the adjoining restaurant...up to 3 per adult!

The room was a "suite" and was clean and PERFECT for our group. The girls were thrilled! The cabinetry in the "living room" was broken in the corner but wasn't an issue for us. There was a television there, a pull out sofa and plenty of room for the girls in sleeping bags on the floor. The bedroom was great and a nice little escape from the dull roar in the living room!

The pool was great. The depth was only 3 or 4 feet in the pool so I didn't worry as much about the kids being safe as they could all touch the bottom. They loved the balls/basketball hoops and the slide. The water umbrellas and water shoots and such were fun, but more geared toward little ones. Perfect for little ones, in fact as it's practically zero depth. The hot tub was also a hit. Hard to keep them out of it!

Had a great dinner, rented a movie for the girls, they fell asleep before the wee hours of the morning and were all happy girls when we brought them home!

Very good experience with this hotel. I'd highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms convenient but maybe loud as the pool is open until 10/11pm.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!