“New Gluten Free Menu - Hooray!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: phone 952-435-8100
Description: phone 952-435-8100
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“New Gluten Free Menu - Hooray!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although I have always enjoyed Green Mill for casual dining, as a "gluten-free diner" my menu choices have been generally limited to salads. Imagine my delight upon visiting today, to find a complete gluten free menu, including hamburgers (on a gluten-free buns,) as well a pizzas on gluten-free crust. I happily ordered a hamburger. It was delicious! I was gratified to discover that the bun was quite appetizing - not the overly "doughy" offerings available on some gf menus. The main course was accompanied by two generous skewers of very fresh fruit. My dining partner ordered the reasonably priced pizza slice (which was huge,) and an accompanying salad. (Her selection was not gf.) She proclaimed the pizza as being delicious.

Service was prompt and personable, with the manager checking in with us to gauge our satisfaction with the meal.

We were quite satisfied and will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

58% Recommend
Lakeville, MN
“Excellent Service & yummy Deep dish pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pizza was dynamite and worth the wait.. The wait is 30+ minutes but were made well aware. Service was impeccable! Great neighborhood place to venture to when I haven't prepared dinner at home.

Visited June 2013
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Excellent Food, BAD service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I love Green Mill Deep Dish pizza, and find most of their sandwiches and entrees to be well above average for this type of restaurant. Even when I changed to a healthy diet, this is my favorite "cheat day" indulgence.

This particular Green Mill is by far the most convenient location for me, but service is always a roll of the dice. Dine-in service is consistently very poor -- it is the exception when you have a competant server and you don't have to wait way too long for your food. When doing pick-up, if they tell you your pizza will be ready in 40 minutes, show up at 55 mins, and you will likely still wait. I also always have to check my pizza before leaving when I do carry-out -- crust is seriously charred about 1 of every 3 visits.

The high school girls running the front of the restaurant, both at the hostess stand and the take-out counter, don't seem to know how to run the registers or have the authority to make any adjustments. Everything requires that they get the manager. Green Mill gives $3 off a large pizza to "club members," yet to get that discount means you stand there waiting for a manager. I have not experienced this with other Green Mills in the area, so have to attribute the poor service to management. Over the past 2 years I have received over $100 in gift cards from their managers to "make up" for their shortcomings. If this place was not located in an area so starved for restaurants, it would never succeed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Airhead wait staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Ordering pizza over the phone is difficult as I've gotten young people who don't listen nor do they know the menu. Pizza is delivered incorrectly 90% of tje time. In-house wait staff needs to improve with their English. I hate it when a wait person says "how are WE doing"? I didn't realize she was dining with us! Also girls....lose the word "like".

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Council Bluffs
“GOOD FOOD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

First time to Green Mill, purchased a groupon since we were visiting nearby. The food was wonderful and loads of it. Service was great, place was clean and would work for any type of dinner party. Bonus!!! By writing this review I've learned there is one in Bemidji and we have a cabin nearby.

• Visited October 2012