“Best Sunday Buffet in the area!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lake Elmo Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 restaurants in Lake Elmo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 5
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Sunday Buffet in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Sunday brunch buffet is wonderful! Free champagne filled over & over as you please. Great selection of food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Oakdale, Minnesota
“Terribly disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We held off going to the Lake Elmo Inn until our son returned from a year of study in Japan as it is his favorite restaurant. Unfortunately we found the Inn has gone downhill since our last visit. The prices have risen an average of $7 per plate in the past year. Perhaps they needed the money to pay for their redecoration. A water glass placed on our table had lipstick on it and my glass was a bit scuzzy. My husband ordered a Stella and was first given a Mich Golden Light. When he sent it back telling the waitress it was too flat to be a Stella he was told they were out of Stella. That night there was supossed to be an oyster bar from 6-9. we sat down at 7 and were told it was all out of oysters the only thing left were shrimp cocktail. My and my son's dinners were ok, not spectacular, and my husbands Ugly Chicken dish was dry and slightly burnt. Needless to say we were terribly disappointed with the overall experience and were left wondering what happened to the old Lake Elmo Inn.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Woodbury, MN
“expensive lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I recently stopped in for lunch. This is a pretty expensive place for dinner, so we thought we'd try lunch. I ordered a specialty salad and iced tea, and my wife had an entree and soup. I asked the waiter if the salad was entree-sized, and he said yes, but when it came it was more like a side salad size. Food for both of us was OK but not special, and when the bill came I found I was charged for a refill on the small glass of tea. The bill was about $35 for this very ordinary lunch. You can do better elsewhere

Minnesota
“New remodel very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I like the new look, more open & light from added windows in main DR. Great beef stroganoff! They treat my 3 year old granddaughter well, & she loves to choose from the buffet. Four generations (my mom, me, daughter & grand) of us really enjoy coming to this unique restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sioux City, Iowa
“Tasteless.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I had a terrible lunch here last week when we were in town to visit family.
We had potstickers that are supposedly "crispy and flavorful", but in reality were soggy and tasteless. My husband had a wild rice and duck soup, which was cold, making us wonder how long it had been out in the kitchen (we did eat late, about 1:45, but still!). I had the steak and mushroom risotto. The steak was tough and overdone and the risotto not thoroughly cooked. My husband had the pork tenderloin which was an improvement over the soup, but room temperature and not very flavorful.
The menu seems outdated, so do some of the staff. The restaurant is cozy, but I imagine it is loud during the lunch rush hour. For what we spent, we will not be back to experience another tasteless and underwhelming dining experience and it isn't coming recommended!

• Visited June 2012