“August 2012 Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8511 Hudson Blvd., Lake Elmo, MN 55042 (Formerly Wildwood Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Elmo
Forest City, Iowa
“August 2012 Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Very clean hotel, outstanding staff. They don't advertise the continental breakfast, which goes thru 9 AM with coffee, fruit and bars, etc. Very friendly, very clean. Pretty average pool. Got a bit loud at night if you are poolside. Janessa was an outstanding contact for our trip

Room Tip: Don't stay poolside if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel was super quiet with very large, comfortable rooms with Aveda products. The attached restaurant (The Machine Shed) serves a terrific breakfast. My sister lives in nearby Woodbury, so we travel to this area often. We will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My Husband and I came here for our wedding anniversary. We stayed in a whirlpool king suite. The whirlpools are a nice size, two can fit comfortably. Speaking of comfort their beds were amazing! . I am very happy with the Wildwood. I like the Aveda amenities that they have in the rooms it's a nice touch. Everything was clean, welcoming and they have a helpful staff. I like the style this hotel has. It's like rustic country meets modern. They have some very unique furnishing pieces, like this metal cow table in the lobby. I want to take it home! They also have a huge pool area. I will be coming back here. Wildwood will be our next get away for our family. The kids are going to love it!

Room Tip: Whirlpools are a great couples get away. They also have poolside rooms so when you bring your little...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We have stayed here about 8 times and have always had good experiences. It is always clean and tidy. The beds are comfortable and the linens are good quality. A feather comforter and pillows. Did not have the continental breakfast because there is a Machine Shed restaurant attached which has a very good breakfast. The pool is clean and warm enough for swimming and the hot tub is warm with comfortable and soothing jets. The people at the desk are friendly.
The rates are reasonable for the area. There is a mall across the street for easy shopping. The rooms are quiet. If there was someone next to us i did not hear anything. Now the only complaint I have- no wi fi. In this day and age that is unbelievable. Everyone has something electronic with them at all times that you could use wi fi. I normally will only pick hotels with wi fi access because I have my Ipad with me on any trip I go on. But we stay here because we know it will be clean and comfortable. But a wi fi upgrade would be nice!

Room Tip: There are rooms that have a direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
mfrenchhoari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful words about our property. I just wanted to respond back, so you and the rest of our guests are aware that we do offer complimentary wifi, actually we offer both wireless and hard wired to all guests, and have for the past 5 years. I do know, as I was here over the past days that we had to reset it once. My apologies for any inconvenience, please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would like to invite you back to stay with the Wildwood and have you enjoy all of our complimentary amenties.

The General Manager and the staff of the Wildwood Lodge
Oakdale, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Things got off to a bad start right from the get-go, I plan to write a letter directly to Wildwood Lodge. I was totally disappointed in the way I was treated by the banquet coordinator. I used to love this place, I rang in New Years Eve for 2009 and had a pool side room last May 2011. I was given an unrealistic amount for the party, when I brought it to their attention, the tone used on the phone and in voice mail messages was completely uncalled for. The voice mail message had bullying behavior letting me know it was past the cancelation date, as though I was stuck. My invoice had a $1154 error, that should've never happened. I will for sure find another hotel going forward for all my special events.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
mfrenchhoari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Our Sincere apologies, our intention is to always exceed our guests expectations. I did speak to several of your guests and even received an email from one, expressing what a great time they had experienced at your event. I do apologize for the miscommunication given to you. I did see where the computer had added your food and beverage minimum instead of subtracting the total, but I also see it was adjusted immediately before any final payments were made. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.
The Management and Staff of the Wildwood Lodge
Doha Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This was our second stay at Wildwood Lodge and it did not disappoint. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the room and pool were immaculate. It is convenient to the highway and near several good restaurants so was a perfect location. When visiting Minnesota again we will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis - St. Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at Wildwood in Lake Elmo to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversay and we were surprised when upgraded to a beautiful suite! The staff was awesome, the room clean and well appointed - and room service from the adjacent restaurant was terrific! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: Rooms not immediately adjacent to pool will be quietest.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo? Share your experiences!