“Big Let Down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Becker's Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Benton
Becker's Resort
You added Becker's Resort to your Saves list
325 Lakeshore Drive, Lake Benton, MN 56149   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Benton
Ogilvie, Minnesota
“Big Let Down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I reserved a room for my husband's birthday weekend. We had business in Brookings, and I wanted to surprise him with a nice place by the lake. We arrived after a six hour drive only to find out there were no rooms. My name was in the book but they had put someone else in our room.
We were left stranded.
They shrugged their shoulders and shined us on. No apology, nothing.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We have loved staying at Beckers - have been able to try several different cabins and loved them all. The lake is gorgeous at night and the peace and quiet is beautiful. Staff was always friendly and cabins are clean. Loved having the restaurant if I didn't feel like cooking. We come all the way from Texas to enjoy Minnesota and see family - great place!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Eyota, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have extreme difficulty planning a stay in the Lake Benton, Minnesota, at Beckers in particular.

I have always made reservations, called to confirm them, and then found out they were switched on me. This just happened again, for the 4th time this year. I guess if you're not from around there, they don't like you or want your business.

This is very frustrating, since I have been staying there for over 15 years, and at times, we were the only group staying there, so you would think Beckers would value your business.

I think I am done with Beckers. They have a beautiful spot, and nice rooms, if you can get one, but if you travel any distance, and can't be assured of what was promised, then this place would be a waste of your time.

Room Tip: I would like to say confirm what you were promised, but that doesn't seem to help either -- one...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I needed a place for my dog and I to stay while I was working in the area. I found this place and it suited my needs overall. The staff is friendly and my room on the 2nd floor had a balcony that overlooked the beautiful lake.

The beds are typical cheap motel beds--hard--but not terrible. The floors and walls are thin, so if you're a light sleeper (like me), request the top floor if you are in the main building.

The internet service is my only real complaint--it was out A LOT, and often there wasn't any way to reach a staff person to get them to check into it. A big problem, considering I was there working.

No maid service for towels or garbage daily, so hang up your towels.

Even the non-kitchen unit I stayed in had a separate kitchen area with a kitchen table, no sink, but a small frig, microwave and coffee maker.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We've stayed at Becker's a few times over the past few years; most recently for a large family reunion. The property is well situated along the shore of Lake Benton with very pleasant views from the main building, overlooking the lake. We've always found the rooms to be clean, tidy and basic.... and generally the rate has been a good value.
Caveat - there's a railroad track passing through between the resort and the town, so sometimes (not often) there can be rail traffic at any hour of the day or night. No big deal - the lake views offer a good offset! Lake Benton is a very pleasant little town and well worth the drive for a nice quiet weekend away (with family in our case.) Between the playhouse, the Country House restaurant, and the Hole-in-the-Mountain Park, there are good options for things to do. We plan to gather the family there again this summer as well.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
south dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Just ended our Family Reunion for the year, as usual we appreciated the hospitality and the accomodations were excellent,

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
SE Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

I had to find accomodations for my husband who is working near Lake Benton and this was the perfect spot!
The rooms are nice and cozy. Full kitchen with seperate bedroom. Some units have two bedrooms.
Walk out the front door and there's the Lake! On days off he can go fishing from shore. Nice and quiet too no other resorts real close by.
The owners are friendly and helpful. You can even order food from thier kitchen at reasonable prices.
It's almost winter so no swimming or boating right now, but in the summer they have motor boats, paddle boats and pontoons for rent. Or bring your own, they have easy water access and docks there.
Ranked one of the best Walleye lakes in Minnesota.
I would highly recommend this if you love to fish, boat or do water activities.

• Liked — Full kitchen and seperate bedrooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Becker's Resort? Share your experiences!