“sad race seems to be a factor here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express St Paul S - Inver Grove Hgts

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express St Paul S - Inver Grove Hgts to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express St Paul S - Inver Grove Hgts
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5653 Bishop Avenue, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Inver Grove Heights)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
mi
“sad race seems to be a factor here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

looking for a long time place to live ,only to find this hotel race seems to be a big deal ,the money I spent is ok to have been treated the way I was is so sad I wish I had got that so called woman name still across the street and still blast this hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

What an AWFUL and I truly mean AWFUL experience. I wish I could give this hotel a worse than terrible rating. We picked this hotel based on the reviews and it is now becoming a Holiday Inn because of new owners so I hope these reviews transfer to the new name. I would NEVER keep a hotel open if going through this massive of a construction job and I can't believe I wasn't warned when making my reservation. Please keep in mind most of these are due to construction BUT I can say they hardly care about their customers if they were willing to put them through this. Shame on the managers and owners! I paid about $90 for this room PLUS 5,000 Gold Points, which would have been fine if I were staying in what I expected to stay in. I've waited to post this review in hopes that the general manager would get back to me to refund my points at least but NO CALL since I first called Club Carlson on Tuesday morning. 1. Parking-hardly any and muddy/grassy walk way to their makeshift "lobby"
2. Checking-in in a tiny hotel room with a desk and computers set up, not a lobby
3. The public bathrooms and pool did not have doors on them-sharing a room and several people having to go to the bathroom sucked-I went in the public bathroom in the hall of the hotel anyway and had someone stand in front of the door
4. The employees were less than friendly and told me they'd bring up a cot in 15 minutes 3 different times over several hours
5. The pool was closed but they said we could use the hot tub, tried to use the hot tub but it was colder than the pool
6. The tiny fitness room had only 3 machines in it and the only treadmill was broken
7. Our room and the fitness room and the breakfast room had some kind of white fluffy stuff on the floor, floating around, and on other surfaces-we realized when we saw the workers working that it was some type of insulation from the outside coming in the vents
8. Breakfast would have been good but it must have been in a converted bedroom, very small and HOT
9. The construction workers were working all day Saturday and OMG-our weekend away to sleep in and lo and behold on Sunday morning we were woken up to guys on scaffolding RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW!
10. The carpeting everywhere was coming up and I tripped once and someone in our party actually fell because of the lumps in the carpeting
There were people trying to have birthday parties and wedding parties staying and EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE was complaining and in shock that this is happening-worst of all we have to pay for this! I am a Priority Club member too but we will NEVER stay in this hotel called Country Inn OR Holiday Inn and I do not recommend anyone else stay either!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Holiday Inn Express St Paul S - Inver Grove Hgts, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Science Hill, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is very convenient to the airport and the Mall of America. The breakfast bar was very good and fresh cookies were often available. The Jacuzzi tub in our suite was very large and easy to use.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alfred, ND USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff were very friendly. The area around the desk was being painted so check-in was at a small table. It was very crowded since the table was in the walk way next to the stairs. The person ahead of us had some issues with his reservation and the staff handled it very well - we just had to wait. The room was clean, nice, large enough to work in. Unfortunately, we could hear water running from above us and conversations in the hall. Gratefully none of those took place during sleeping hours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
La Crosse, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This property is a mixture of good, and not so good. The room was clean, tidy, and roomy. The bathroom was also very clean, and great water pressure for the shower. The bathroom was recently "refreshed" with new vanity and wallpaper. Also fresh paint in the room. But - there are absolutely no towel racks or wall hooks in the bathroom so there is no place to hang a towel. The shower head is a cheapo that costs about 50 cents, and the toilet is old and flushes poorly. Room had a new flat screen TV, but the size was a bit small for a flat screen. Stayed two nights. When I came back at the end of the second day, I found the maid had not closed the door to my room completely. So my room was unlocked all day long and anyone could have gone in and stolen my luggage, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express St Paul S - Inver Grove Hgts, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear B W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from the housekeeping staff. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

As a coach of a traveling youth baseball team, we stay at a number of hotels over the years, but this Country Inn Suites takes the cake. John and his staff treat us like royalty (even though we are traveling with loud active baseball players).

We're always welcomed and this weekend when our team made it to the next day of our tournament, he contacted us to let us know that we should reserve our rooms for the next night. Good guy.

• Stayed May 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with our two kids for 4 nights over our Spring Break. We have stayed here before and chose other Country Inns closer to MOA in recent years. Hotel is walking distance from AMC theatres and near gas station and sit down restaurants. Hotel staff very polite and welcoming including housekeeping and breakfast attendant. Breakfast outstanding...much nicer than other country inns. Clean, well stocked and 3 choices of hot items every day plus waffles, bagles, fruit and cereals. Room was very clean however there was hotel renovation going on and tbe hallways smelled like paint. Room was fine. Only complaint is beds were very hard and the bathroom had no place for the toilet paper so it sat on the counter. Also no kleenex in room which was odd. There was a "silent fan" that didnt seem to work as the bathroom was always steamed up. Other than that, wonderful place to stay. Pool was good size and warm, hot tub a little too warm but worked well. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express St Paul S - Inver Grove Hgts? Share your experiences!