“Wedding day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Downham Anchor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Downham
Little Downham Anchor
You added Little Downham Anchor to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Main Street, Little Downham, Ely CB62ST, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Downham
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Wedding day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

What a superb venue. I married my beautiful wife in Ely and we had our reception and booked all the rooms. The planning was easy and there was a constant personal touch from Sarah and the team. My wife stayed the night before the wedding with the maid of honour and got ready here too and I knew they were in safe hands.

The food was absolutely beautiful and we had it as a hot and cold buffet. The staff constantly smile and will do anything they can to help. The entire team are a credit to the hotel and went out of their way to make sure sure us and our guests had the most pleasant time. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue.

The rooms are excellently furnished and are so clean. The Suite is stunning with 2 stories and a lovely bathroom. The hotel is also extremely quiet. We couldn't have asked for more and it enabled us to have an excellent wedding. It was the best weekend of my life!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great- the Suite is perfect for Bride and Groom
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
LDA261, Manager at Little Downham Anchor, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your wedding reception.

It was a honour to be part of your celebrations especially when you
say it was the best weekend of your life and we are very happy to
hear we looked after you all well and that the rooms met with your approval.

It's lovely to see the suite being used for a honeymoon couple it makes
our renovation journey feel complete.

Our best wishes go to you both for the future and hopefully look forward
to hosting future celebrations for your family.

Little Downham Anchor Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My brother and his wife held the wedding reception here. I cannot express in words just how helpful and friendly the staff were. They made the couple and the guests very welcome. They were willing to help with anything that needed setting up/doing. The accommodation itself was fabulous. Every room was spotless, spacious and very quiet.
The wedding buffet was exquisite as was the breakfast.
I would like to share a big thanks to all staff at The Anchor who made the reception unforgettable. I will definitely be returning

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for reviewing your family wedding reception that you held at our hotel.
It was a pleasure to have you all and it's great to hear that the occasion went well and
our staff looked after all your needs in a polite and attentive manor.

We hope your Brother and his wife have a wonderful future together and it was lovely
to be part of that.

Little Downham Anchor Management Team
Newmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Fantastic venue in a lovely Cambridgeshire village, we were in a party of 32 people, there was plenty of seating for all of us. good choice of food on the menu. staff were quick and efficient but not in a rushing sort of way. the owners were there which was nice to see and they were friendly and enthusiastic about the anchor and very proud as they should be. many thanks to Tony and Linda.

we will definitely be back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
LDA261, Manager at Little Downham Anchor, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thanks for reviewing your party booking, we are glad you had a great time and we look forward to hosting your next works party.

LDA Management team
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My daughter and I stayed for one night at the Anchor and had a fabulous stay.
The room and bathroom were perfectly clean and comfortable, the refurb having been done to an extremely high standard with excellent workmanship and particular attention to detail.
The welcome was warm and the traditional breakfast was superb, both red hot and plentiful.
We would definitely stay again, thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thanks Karen and Chloe for reviewing your stay with us, we are very pleased
to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your accommodation including your breakfast.
We take pride in our breakfasts as this is the last thing you will remember us by.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Wellington, Somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

After dropping off my daughter at Cambridge I needed a place to stay before my 4 hour drive home. I am so glad I decided to stay at the Anchor. So friendly and welcoming from the moment I arrived. I stayed in a small (I expected this as I went for the least expensive room) but exceptionally clean and comfortable room. Great ensuite bathroom/shower room. I was there on a Monday so I was able to enjoy the Monday special Fish and Chip dinner - excellent. Then a really good breakfast set me up for my journey home. I am sure I will stay here again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thanks for reviewing your stay with us, great to hear you found the room comfortable and
that you were able to enjoy our Fish and Chip special.
Hopefully you will be dropping your daughter off again in the near future so you will get
chance to enjoy one of our other special meal offers we have, keep your eye on
our website for upto date offers.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Myself and my Husband stayed over night Christmas Day. We had Christmas Day lunch and had the twin room, room 11. Well what can I say, superb, wonderful, luxurious are just a few words to describe the stay.

We arrived mid lunch service but the greeting was warm and welcoming. We were shown to our room and was pleasantly surprise to the very high standard. We quickly changed and went down for pre-dinner drink. Again the staff were very warm and friendly, especially as they were working on Christmas Day. We were then shown to our table and our pre-ordered food arrived promptly and we were not hurried between courses. Food was excellent topped off by a wonderful Lemon and Lime Parfait.

We then were welcomed to spend a couple of hours in the bar area, normally closed due to it being Christmas Day, to allow us to play a board game and have a drink or two.

Excellent night’s sleep followed by a beautifully cooked to order breakfast. I cannot remember the last time I had a perfectly cooked poached egg!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to write a lovely review of your Christmas Day stay and Lunch.

Its lovely to hear you enjoyed all aspects of the stay and we will make sure we pass your
review onto the Chef of your Poached egg breakfast he will be over the moon.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon.

Little Downham Management Team
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just back from a short stay at the Anchor Inn over Christmas whilst visiting family in the same village.
It was a delightful stay in the recently renovated Anchor Inn, the entire place is extremely clean and the room was modern and functional with everything that you required for your stay. Obviously a lot of thought has gone into the design of the place as even thought the rooms are over a public bar, noise from the bar is not a problem although conversation from the 'smokers' outside can be heard if a window is open.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff so as to ensure the entire experience was enjoyable.

Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for reviewing your stay with us, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay
with us and that you found our staff polite and helpful.
We are sorry to hear that you could hear smokers outside talking, we do try
to encourage the use of the heated smokers area outside away from the main building
but at times we do catch smoking customers who forget we have an area designated for them.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

LDA Management Team

Been to Little Downham Anchor? Share your experiences!