“Upbeat Casino” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Attractions in Hinckley
Central Minnesota
“Upbeat Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I enjoyed the house music that played on the casino floor. They also had the friendliest staff I've ever encountered at a MN casino. I didn't win, but I didn't actually gamble much.

Visited March 2013

alittle to smokey

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“First time at a Casino”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My two friends and I recently turned 18 and so we decided to try our hand at gambling at the Hinckley Casino. It was pretty much what we expected, nothing particularly outstanding. If it is your first time you can go to the desk and get a card with free 15 dollars on slots, so I would reccomend doing that. The only negative thing was the amount of smoke. My friend and I wear contacts and the smoke irritated our eyes after a while and by the time we left, we completely reeked of cigarrettes. There is a small non smoking area.

Minneapolis, USA
16 attraction reviews
“Fine for a rural casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Drove up from the TC for an overnight. The hotel is very nice but the smell of smoke hits you as soon as u walk in. Why can't these casinos have the same air handling systems that Vegas casinos have? Very good selection of slot machines and you can even play $2 blackjack (at least during the week). Couldn't find roulette of any sort... live or video. They could also use more video keno machines. Staff very friendly... if you tip the drink servers (free coffee and soda only) a buck they will treat you like a God. No, this isn't vegas but a good fix until then.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
43 attraction reviews
“A normal casino, with AWFUL buffet...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I took the girlfriend up here to spend a few hours doing something different. We arent much of gamblers but casinos are fun once a year for us. The casino is a normal casino, CRAZY GAMBLING ADDICTS, SMELLS HORRIBLY OF SMOKE..EVEN THE NON SMOKING SECTION.

First off we wanted the buffet...online this joke of a place listed a prime rib special for $12.99....what a great deal! UHHHH NOPE!........We walk up the line and they have a screen that says$15.99, uh whats that all about? So when we get up to pay i say it shows online its $12.99 and she claims to know nothing about that and the price is $15.99....so we do it anyways its PRIME RIB...

So i go to grab some and it looked awful! But i still took alot to try. After cutting fat out of it for 3 minutes i got to have the 5 bites of meat left....YUCK. Tasteless as anything could be, no flavor, super cold, just like chewing on flavorless gum. So after trying all the other garbage my girlfriend and I had $34 worth of mashed potatoes and nasty fried chicken.

Awful experience, never going back.

Visited January 2013