“Relaxing and Romantic, with a side of great company!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dakota Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hinckley
Dakota Lodge
You added Dakota Lodge to your Saves list
40497 State Hwy 48, Hinckley, MN 55037   |
Shoreview, Minnesota, United States
“Relaxing and Romantic, with a side of great company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Sue and Steve who own the B & B were nothing but kind and accommodating. Sue met us when we checked in and we chatted like old friends - which we kind of were. (We had stayed at the Dakota Lodge for our wedding night 3 years earlier.) After showing us where the goodies were (cookies, popcorn, tea, water, movies, etc.), my husband and I headed to enjoy our lovely Pinkham room. With brand new (to us!) electric fireplace, and deliciously decadent large tub with jets and a king size bed, we were in heaven! The next morning we were delighted to share the table with both Sue and Steve and had an incredible quiche with crispy bacon, fruit salad, and muffins. It was the best breakfast! Talking well into the early afternoon, we thoroughly enjoyed the stay with the charming property and the incredible owners. Thank you Sue & Steve! :)

Room Tip: Check out the website or better yet, call Sue and Steve (their number is listed on the website) if y...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

My Fiance and I stayed at the B & B for Valentine's Day weekend. When we arrived we were greeted by the very friendly hostess. She was fantastic. She showed us where we could find snacks and beverages. She then took us to our room. I loved the room we stayed in. It was very comfortable and had really unique decorating. The room had a two person jacuzzi and a wood-burning fireplace. There was also a table, couch, and private bathroom in the room. The table had an assortment of treats waiting for us. There was a small vase of flowers, cupcakes, candy, and champagne. The next morning we had a delicious breakfast with the hostess and a couple other guests. I would highly recommend the Dakota Lodge!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

We have stayed at the Kettle River Cabin (part of Dakota Lodge B&B) many times in all seasons and expect to for years to come. In the summer I brought my parents up for a relaxing week to go for walks in the woods and listen to nature and reminisce. In the fall we have done "girls weekend away" and had plenty of room for playing games, potlucks and again, great walks. The casino is close and that was great also. For the last 3 winters my adult kids joined me and we had a great time playing games and everynight going out to play hide and seek in the dark and have snow ball fights and build snowmen. The cabin is cozy, with very comfortable furniture, plenty of space 6 people to spread out and be alone or be together for games or a great dinner and bonding. The beds are very comfortable and I really appreciate that I do not have to bring my own sheets and towels. Everything is always fresh and clean and I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a homey atmosthere at a great price

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Twin Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We Stayed at the Kettle River cabin, that's East of Hinckley. We Wanted to get away for the weekend and view the fall colors. We found the accomadations great, and it was very private. Everything we needed was there and it was very clean. We were very pleased!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

I have already booked again for 2 more times. One with friends - girls time and one with some family members. It was quite, quaint and cozy.... I was very pleased with the decor and the cleanliness... The owners are very accomodating.. We were treated to muffins and scones....

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

We loved Kettle River Cabin. When we arrived is was clean, warm and inviting. There were fresh cookies on the counter. I had asked for some wine and it was there when we arrived. Friends and I went up to see the fall colors. It was a great wooded area surrounded by the most colorful trees I've ever seen. Cabin was large and there was room for all 4 of us there. Lots to do in the area. We will definately go back in Winter to go snowshoeing in the park down the road. Owners very friendly and helpful with sites in the area,. Travel to Sandstone and visit the Gaslight! Great place! Could not have had a better weekend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

We had a great stay. The proprietor was friendly, and we had a delicious breakfast delivered to our door. The room was wonderfully decorated and the hot tub was clean. The price was reasonable as well.
I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple

Been to Dakota Lodge? Share your experiences!