“clean motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Curtis, Michigan
“clean motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The facility was very clean which is our first priority in staying at this type of motel. The only negative is we had a room right next to the stairway and over the lobby. At 3am the tv was blasting away in the lobby and by 6am you could hear every conversation in the lobby.

beds were fine.

Room Tip: don't select a room near the lobby.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I cannot say enough how sorry I am that you were disturbed at that time of night by the TV in the Lobby .Thank you for letting me know I will share your comments with the staff so they are reminded that noise carries and I will let them know that the TV should be turned off after a certain time .Thank you for staying with us while in Grand Rapids .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Crosslake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you are looking for a nice clean place to stay in Grand Rapids the AmericInn is the place. Resonable rates, clean rooms, nice hotel. Enjoyed are stay. We got a room with two queen beds for $93.00 dollars on a Saturday

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Dear Eric , all I can say is Thank you! It is always so nice to hear that our guest were happy with
their stay .Hope to see you back soon .
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This AmericInn is clean; welcoming; has surprisingly modern rooms; and provides great guest amenities. My only complaint is that the water is quite hard, which makes it difficult to thoroughly wash up - I really wish they would invest in a water softener! Otherwise, I am pleased.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest ,I am surprised that you found our water hard ,we do have a water softener this makes me believe that possibly it is not functioning correctly. I wil have to look into this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. It is nice to hear you found us to be welcoming :) .We look forward to having you as a future guest .
Rush City, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed one night and found it pretty nice. The gravel on the indoor pool floor should have some repair... coming loose and into pool. Nice continental breakfast. Friendly service. The room we had was smaller than what we are used to for Americinns; maybe just an older one? However, all in all, would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for larger room accommodations when you are traveling with family.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us while in the Grand Rapids area.We are an older hotel but we work at keeping things fresh .The pool area floor is definitely on the top of our list for repairs and there is a plan to redo it this coming year .Its nice to hear that you were happy with your stay please revisit us again soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was in Grand Rapids for a two day golf tournament. I found the AmericInn by searching the Internet. I chose this facility based on the good reviews here. I chose correctly. The room was nice and clean, and had everything we needed, including a working refrigerator. It was very hot outside, so we appreciated the cooling system, which did not click on and off all night. We were able to get good sleep both nights we were there. The rates were very comparable to others. I would stay there again, if I am ever in Grand Rapids again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
americinngr, Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words .We are glad that your stay was an enjoyable one .We look forward to your return visit .
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a great night this weekend, we did not have reservation and were lucky to get a room. The pool was busy, so we used the Jacuzzi in the room. It was the quietest running Jacuzzi I every used at any American inn. The AC worked great on a warm night and room was quite. Also the internet was better than I'm use to while at a hotel. I will stay here again next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments . It sounds like you had a very relaxing stay , which makes us happy .Its our goal for all our guest to leave feeling this way .Hope to have you back soon .
Cold Spring, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here back in July when I was in Grand Rapids on business. Well I am back again on business and there was no doubt that I would stay at the AmericInn!! Again I was greeted by Jamie who was pleasant and helpful on check in. The room was very clean and comforatable. Perfect stay! This is a great place to stay, with a great staff!! I will be back again, count on it! Thanks!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Its guest like you we can't wait to see again :) I cant say enough how glad we are that you have chosen us as your Grand Rapids lodging facility when you are in our area .I will share your comments with the staff .See you soon !

Been to AmericInn Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!