“Great staff and food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dining at the 17th Street Grill at the Timberlake Lodge™ is a true feast for the senses. Our Chefs prepare gourmet cuisine with style and skill unique in the Grand Rapids area. The 17th Street Grill offers the “best deal in town” for a quality lunch at a reasonable price. Stop in and enjoy a tasty and affordable lunch from our Lunch Menu. For a memorable dining experience try the 17th Street Grill’s extensive dinner menu. We offer steaks grilled to perfection, fantastic seafood selections, and much more. The 17th Street Grill offers an extensive drink menu that includes; a generous wine list, domestic and imported beers as well as all of your favorite spirits. Don’t forget to try our signature cocktail, the Timbertini.Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays. Sit back, relax and allow our staff to not only meet, but exceed your expectations of quality dining in Grand Rapids.
Canada
“Great staff and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ate here several nights during our trip, always had good food and very friendly staff. Even made up some stuff for us that wasn't on the menu!

Visited September 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Fine Dining in Grand Rapids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Okay, there really is no great "foodie" place in Grand Rapids like we have an abundance of in the Twin Cities, but this comes the closest. In fact, other than the traditional wagon wheel steakhouse type of restaurant, this is the only fine dining in town.
My wife and I stopped in for a late dinner on Friday night and got a table right away. The server was very friendly and fast, and the atmosphere lively, but not loud. This restaurant is located in the hotel we were staying at.
I had a sirloin steak, medium-rare, done to perfection with the garlic mashed. All arrived quickly and ample portions. The waitress and my wife goaded me into trying the brussle sprouts (which I do not normally like) and I was pleasantly surprised. They were swimming in a garlic butter sauce with real bacon bits. My wife had the avocado chicken thing and couldn't stop commenting on the taste. Both came with salads, and were excellently presented and prepared.
When our bill came, we couldn't believe it. After spending $120 for a similar dinner in the cities just a weekend before, we paid a whopping $41.50 for this meal. An excellent value! Although we wanted to try the steak crostini, we didn't but the couple next to us did and commented it was great. When it came to dessert, they only had pie ala mode, and we were full anyway, so we skipped it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cohasset
“Great Place to Eat and Meet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The 17th Street Grill offers a varied menu with specialty items for both lunch and dinner. The appetizers, the entrees, and the desserts are all above and beyond and will encourage you to return again and again. If you want something a little more special or if you'd rather have a hearty standby, this restaurant offers it. The decor is upscale, the ambiance is pleasing, and the servers excel at what they do. I heartily recommend the 17th Street Grill for a casual lunch or a special occasion evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Fargo, ND
“First visit great, second visit so-so.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the lodge for two nights and ate at the attached restaurants both nights. The first visit was great. My salad was delicious and the service was wonderful. My waitress was attentive yet not 'hovering'. On my second visit, the salad was again very good, but the service wasn't the best. I think the bartender waited on me and apparently thought everything was fine because after he brought my salad, I didn't see him again until I had a couple bites left. That's a little too late to ask me how everything is. As I've said in previous posts, I don't expect the server to at my side during the entire meal, but I DO expect to be approached mid-meal to ask how everything is and/or if I need anything. I don't care if you're the bartender or the waitress/waiter. All said, I will visit the restaurant again because the food is very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear suzb_00

Thank you for your review of the 17th Street Grill. I will pass your compliments of the food along to our team of chef's. As you know timing is everything in providing a great dinner service. We will use your review to remind our service team of proper timing and how to manage between too little and too much. Thanks again and happy dining.
Des Moines, Iowa
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Extensive menu, comfortable seating, and wonderful food. I loved the lobster pasta - delicious! They even have an outdoor patio.

Visited September 2013