“Exceptionally clean and well appointed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wildwood Resort

Wildwood Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Rapids
Wildwood Resort
You added Wildwood Resort to your Saves list
35748 Wildwood Road, Grand Rapids, MN 55744   |
Stone Lake, Wisconsin
“Exceptionally clean and well appointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

A group of 7 friends rented the White Pine cabin for a long weekend of snowmobiling and ice fishing in mid January. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate, delivering rain, strong winds, and rapidly dropping temps preventing us from participating in any of our anticipated activities. This did not prevent us from having a great stay! The "cabin" was extremely comfortable, spacious, immaculate, and very well appointed. Although it was quite cold, the in floor heat and gas fireplace kept us very warm and cozy. The kitchen was very well stocked with nice dishes, pots and pans, and appliances. Something I have found lacking in many cabins we have previously rented. It was obvious the owners took great pride in maintaining their property and were also very friendly and attentive. Grand Rapids is quite close and offered us several options. We would certainly consider returning in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My family and I have traveled from Cedar Rapids, Iowa to Wildwood Resort for several years with my wife and three daughters. My daughters considered this their top vacation each year and always looked forward to this week long trip. My wife loved this vacation too as did I. Kim and Jay, the owners, are very nice, professional, and will always take care of their visitors. The ammenities vary depending on what you are looking for. They have five new 'luxery' cabins which I stayed in the last few times we went there. I've also stayed in the older cabins which are fine too. The beach is fun and I really liked the two water bikes they purchased a few years ago. My daughters and friends would take them across the lake and enjoyed themselves very much. The water bikes are 'uber' stable so there was no need to worry. The fishing is fun and we could catch northern pike off the dock. My middle daughter caught one with a bobber and hook...and no bait. There are nice sized largemouth bass in the lake and the sunfish are huge. Seriously huge!! Fish Scum Frogs in the rice and you'll get some nice bass action. There is a bald eagle's nest right next to the resort and it always seemed occupied. So what I'm saying is I highly recommend the resort and the owners. I've stayed at resorts in Bemidji, Grand Rapids, Hackensack, and Brainerd and this is BY FAR the best. Give it a try and you'll love it.

Room Tip: I like the newer cabins and so will your family.