“great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)

You added Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   6051 Golden Hills Drive, Golden Valley, MN 55416   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Golden Valley
Lorton, Virginia
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

clean ,, close to friends,, clean ,, nice people to deal with,, helpful

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minneapolis West – Golden Valley. We were happy to hear how clean your room was and how nicely the staff treated you. We look forward to have you back next time you visit the twin cities area.

Lisa Birchfield

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Very nice hotel. Big rooms, nice TV and free internet access as well as free breakfast and happy hour. Can´t complain.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, September 20, 2011
I am excited to share your wonderful compliments with the entire staff of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Minneapolis (Golden Valley). It was especially nice to hear how much you enjoyed our complimentary wireless access and free evening social. Please keep us in mind next time you visit the Minneapolis area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hotel was avg. I was excited for their continental breakfast but was disappointed once I had it.

• Stayed June 2011
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, June 17, 2011
milrockee1:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are very sorry to hear that our breakfast bar did not meet up to your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve for our guests and will definitely be reevaulating our breakfast offerings so that future guests are not disappointed by our breakfast bar as well.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you and will use your experience to improve our hotel for all future guests.

My most sincere apologies,

Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights on a recent business trip. It was fine and I'd stay here again, but I wouldn't be excited about it or anything. I travel frequently for business and generally stay in this class of hotel. This Holiday Inn Express rates as "average" in most ways. It was just close to where I needed to be.

Room: I had to change rooms because the ac/heater in my room started leaking. They told me they're replacing all the AC units and the one in my room definitely needed it. They changed me to a suite, which was big, but nothing especially nice to get excited about. The room was clean enough. Both rooms had a fridge and microwave. Free internet worked fine.

TV: Fine, but old CRT, not flat screen. I think there was HBO.

Bathroom: clean and fine and clearly updated somewhat recently, but I think the counter was still something like Corian, not granite like many hotels that have been recently renovated. Shower worked fine and the towels were nice and soft.

Common areas: very small entry area with breakfast area right on top of it. Someone spilled french fries in the hall on my floor and there were still partially there the following evening. Like someone picked up the big chunks, but not what had been stepped on. This hotel allows smoking and at least the 3rd floor is both smoking and non. The halls smelled strongly of smoke, but my room did not (big relief because I don't like smoking at all).

Breakfast: Typical of HI Express. Cinnamon rolls, cereals, fruit (oranges weren't very good), yogurt, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs. Fine for me.

Exercise room: OK, but not great. TV had no remote, equipment was a bit worn (1 bike didn't work, the other was pretty worn). Room was warm and turning on the AC didn't seem to help much.

Location: It was extremely convenient for where I needed to be and there's a lot of new shops and restaurants just down the street. Right next to the freeway so you can get anywhere quickly. Not much around here other than businesses I guess so I guess if you're staying here its probably for work.

I'm going to give it a "recommended", but only if you had to be in this particular area for business. I'd be disappointed if I was here on vacation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, June 8, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. I have shared these comments with our entire staff and the ownership of our hotel. We are always striving to exceed all of our customers’ expectations, so your feedback is very helpful for us - thank you!

We did recently replace several of our guest room air conditioner units and we are scheduled to replace all TV’s with new flat screen units later this year. I have spoken with the maintenance staff of the hotel to ensure that the exercise bikes are both in working condition. I am working with all managers on duty to ensure that they are properly inspecting all public areas frequently throughout the day to ensure that all areas are clean and tidy at all times. I apologize for the inconvenience that this issues caused you and will use your experience to improve our hotel for all future guests.

My most sincere apologies,

Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed here for four days and were very pleased with the service and every staff member was friendly and very helpful. The housekeeping staff did a great job. We were very pleased with the breakfast---the breakfast buffet coordinator was very efficient---she kept everything stocked---no item "ran out" which was a pleasant change from what we had experienced in other hotels where if you didn't get down to breakfast early, there would be nothing left.The beds were so comfy and we were not disturbed by any noise so the hotel must have great insulation.The on site laundry for the guests was very handy. The weather was very warm and humid on our stay but they had the A/C adjusted nicely so the halls and common areas were not uncomfortable.It was a very pleasant experience staying here!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, July 13, 2010
It was wonderful to hear what a great stay you had at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of Golden Valley. I have shared your compliment with our entire team and I have congratulated them on a job well done. I look forward to having you back as a guest next time you travel to the Minneapolis area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I picked this hotel based on the value, location, and good reviews. I was not dissapointed. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and the free breakfast was great....though my husband missed the waffle maker so many places have. My only complaint was that the housekeepers were not very thorough. The in-room coffee was not restocked daily and we ran out of kleenex and it was not replaced. When I called the front desk they replaced these items in a timely manner, however the housekeeper never did put the new kleenex back in its holder under the counter. I will stay again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
birchfieldl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley), responded to this review, October 14, 2009
ALUdot:

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Golden Valley. It was a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how responsive our front desk was to your needs.

I appreciate that feedback in regards to our housekeeping department. Your concerns have been addressed with the Housekeeping Manager and the room attendants so that we can prevent future guests from encountering similar situations.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you or if you have any additional feedback you can offer.

Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to having you back as a guest.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

I stayed here while on a business course. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, and the amneties of the hotel - swimming pool, hot tub, business center, work out room. They offered a shuttle back and forth to the school I was attending, and the room rates were very reasonable at $99 per night. Every morning they have a buffet style breakfast which was pretty good, and also drinks & snacks every night at 5 pm. Overall I had a great stay.

One drawback was that there is no restaraunt in the hotel. I didn't have a vehicle while I was there, so wound up ordering pizza most nights, and walked about 4 blocks to the Burger King down the road on night. I found this very inconvenient. So be warned - if you are going to stay at this hotel and don't want to eat delivery food every night, make sure that you rent a car.

• Liked — Very clean hotel, and the staff were really friendly and helpful.
  • Disliked — No restaraunt, closest ones were at least 5 blocks away and across a major freeway. Not good if you don't have a car.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis (Golden Valley)? Share your experiences!