“Great little sports bar” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Minneapolis
“Great little sports bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

One of my fav sports bars, will often drop in here after dropping my son off or waiting for him at the nearby 3rd Lair indoor skatepark. Nice Happy Hour and good view of the many TV's. Friendly bar staff and a lot of regular patrons, all friendly. Must admit I haven't had much of the food but I hear it's good. My only issue with JJ's, and the only reason I deducted one star, is because the appetizer and happy hour food menu is mostly fried foods or high carb food. It would be nice to have a healthy option for happy hour - other sports bars I go to, like Scoreboard in Minnetonka, have a grilled chicken option, like Thai Chicken with COLE slaw - that kind of thing. Otherwise, I highly recommend JJ's.

St. Paul/ Minneapolis
“Food was good, service was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a beer and stayed for dinner because I was hungry. The JJ's sauce is like a spicy bbq sauce and it's delicious on the burgers. The cajun fries were pretty good too. However, we tried to special order a burger and were told we couldnt customize it. There's no smoking on the outdoor patio, in case you smoke. The drinks were cold though.

Visited May 2014
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Price is reasonable. Large portions. We liked what we ordered: chicken burgers, pan-fried walleye, cheese macaroni.

Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Good stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

JJ's is a relaxed joint with good food and cold beer. It's great for watching a sporting event and the staff is always smiling. If you just want to chill and have a good time this is a great place stop in at!

Visited March 2014
MINNEAPOLIS
“Great weekend breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Recently my mother and sister-in-law were visiting and we wanted to go to the Good Day Cafe but as always it was packed with over one hour wait so we tried JJ's. It is a bar with large booths and tv screens. Bar food with great old school breakfast fare. We were impressed. The service was very friendly and the food arrived fast. Everything cooked perfectly. Prices were low. The parking was in the lot next to the front door. We will return.

• Visited February 2014