“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

You added LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley to your Saves list
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5201 Central Avenue Northeast, Fridley, MN 55421   |
Special Offer
Lowest Rates Online Here!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fridley
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very easy to get to, restaurants easy to get to, beautiful place. Rooms are amazing the beds are extremely comfortable. 3pm staff was very pleasant for check in. Late night staff didn't greet but the room made up for it! Will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LivINNPaul, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us during your stay. We take pride in our pillow top mattresses and we are happy to know that you appreciate the upgraded amenities that we provide to all of our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with a teammate on a business assignment for one week. The place seemed very decent; the mattress and pad seemed new and was so comfortable. Aside from poor staff attitudes and amenities, the main problem I HAVE to get across is the fact that I was literally eaten alive by bedbugs!!! Unfortunately, I didn't know why I was getting all bit up,but my partner thought it was mosquitos until day 6, when I emailed photos home to my kids and started to research. We then searched the bed and found live bugs. The girl at the desk was very unfriendly and decided to come upstairs after I said there were bugs. She took my container of live and dead bodies. The next and last day after I checked out, I met with the manager, who was not the friendliest either. He wasn't very accommodating, seeing as this was such a huge situation for a hotel, I figured they just had poor customer service on a daily basis. I returned home and immediately went to the doctor: 2 shots, 4 prescriptions, 3 visits, blood work and another 2 shots and 4 prescriptions - $600 later. I kept in contact with the hotel about compensation. The manager stated that the "bug" company they used said the bugs were only there for about 3-5 days. This was about 2 weeks from my first day. I literally woke up every morning with new and more bites. He acted like there was nothing he could do since the report was really inconclusive. I told him it was unacceptable! I sent all my medical bills and also requested the full refund of our stay. I was compensated within one day of sending these.

I do want to say that I feel getting compensated was a very professional way to handle this situation and I am thankful for that. In writing about this incident, I just want to warn others and encourage you all to do some research before staying at any hotel from this day forward. There are ways to search for these bugs and protect yourself. I had to throw away most of my stuff and went through great measures to clean everything else as not to infest my home. My arms were covered in large dark red welts; several on my neck, face and back. To this day, I still have some of the scarring circles on my arms. I have never suffered as much in my whole life. I don't want anyone else to experience this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I called yesterday to make reservations for my upcoming trip to Minneapolis. I called Livinn Hotel in Fridley. I spoke with Gina who was very professional. I told her that I would be traveling in from Florida by car and might need an early check-in she explaine the 3pm policy but did say that I could try calling an hour in a half before our arrival to see if a room might be available. She even emailed me my confirmation information and told me about neighboriing eateries. Excellent Customer Service. Looking forward to my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LivINNPaul, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that our employee made the reservation process a positive experience for you. We are looking forward to having you stay with us. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your stay with us as memorable experience.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a total of 4 nights! very clean and comfortable room. Very friendly housekeeper Shanda and wendi a thanks to jennie for all her help and also front desk person by the name of Tanya very nice at checkout!! will stay again and also refer others..

Room Tip: Executive rooms very nice!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to mention the staff members that made your stay with us a positive experience. We value your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked at LivInn and got wonderful service clean rooms and friendly service. We had a horrible experience the day before at a different hotel and Livinn gave us royal treatment. Robb was our check-in person and was very courteous and understanding. Tawnya was also the very next day. Clean rooms with friendly service was well worth the money and made our vacation wonderful. We will book again Thanks LIVINN we appreciate your hospitality.

Room Tip: Read reviews and be careful where you on-line book do your homework well
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sometimes the smallest things can make the biggest difference, and it's nice to hear that several members of our staff where able to make your stay with us a positive experience for you and your family. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and mentioning our staff; it means the world to them and reassures us that we are creating memorable experiences for our guests!
Brainerd, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

First, be aware not all rooms are the same which helps explains variation in ratings. I booked a great rate on Hotwire. The hotel does have some interesting folks coming and going but none that I felt were dangerous. The front desk staff were very friendly and had shirt stating "striving for 5". My initial room was on second floor that smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. Room had 3 doors. One to courtyard had pool that has now been replaced with attractive garden area. Another one to hallway and third to connecting room. Traveling alone, three doors to my room left me uneasy. Room's air conditioning was not functioning- it was 93 degrees F in the city. The second room's air conditioner was great and smelled better (this one was on first floor- near desk).
Overall, my stay was great due to staff and room change. Kelsey at the front desk should have had another person with her and unfortunately she was having problems with computers- took 30+ min to check in.
Location is convenient off interstate, shares parking lot with Menards. Applebee's in front.

• Stayed July 2013
LivINNPaul, General Manager at LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for letting future guests of our hotel that we have several different room types with upgraded amenities, it means a lot to us! It looks we were able to work through a couple of challenges with you with the assistance of our staff. We again want to thank you for taking the time to review our property and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Florence, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The outdoor area is well kept as well as the interior of the building. The beds are comfortable and rooms are clean. The internet is not fast... definitely need an improvement there. I stayed here for a week... overall good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the upgraded amenities that we offer. It concerns me that you were having issues with your internet connection and would like to get some additional information from you if possible. We have a great staff at our hotel and appreciate that you were able to create a memorable experience for you at a great value.

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley? Share your experiences!