“LivInn” 3 of 5 stars

You added LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley to your Saves list
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5201 Central Avenue Northeast, Fridley, MN 55421   |
Special Offer
Lowest Rates Online Here!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Fridley
Mesa, Arizona
“LivInn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my first time in Minnesota and we found a great deal for this hotel. We only stayed for two nights but it was much to be desired. The room smelled of cigarettes and the floor was a distrusting greenish brown color. There are a few plus though the room has a fridge with a freezer and a microwave. If I was in the Fridley area again I don't think this would be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This place must have been the bomb during the day! Its still very nice and a great value!!!! Giant rooms, a indoor garden, fridge microwave, desk and more. The price is less than you would pay at some Motel 6"s! Staff nice too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

recently stayed at this hotel(8/20-8/22) and it was great. I had booked my stay last minute on the Internet through Travelocity and it hadn't hit the system yet when I arrived. The night desk clerk Gina made me feel at home and quickly found my info. It was a relief and my stay was great. The room was very clean and it was nice and quiet, just what I needed.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fridley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I appreciate the wonderful customer service I received from Gina, the front desk associate at the Fridley, MN location. She really made me feel welcome and comfortable, and she was certainly a pleasure to work with. Customer service has always been important to me, and Gina treated me with dignity and respect. She certainly represented this hotel's brand very well, and I appreciated her service.

Room Tip: The Garden level is wonderful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bloomington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

When i arrived to the hotel i learned there was a NO CASH TRANSACTION POLICY (YOU CAN NOT USE CASH TO PAY FOR YOUR ROOM) Should have been my first clue to run for the hill!!
I encountered an Arron whom was rude from the moment i walked into the hotel. Once he advised me that i could not pay in cash. i had to call and get some one to pay for the hotel online due to me only having a credit card with not enough to cover the room and i only had cash. I told arron he should have a reservation for me. Well when it came through he said i got it but im going to have to do some investigating.... why would he be investigating me? was it because i was of a different race?? anyway he called his GM at 1115pm SHE WAS A COMPLETE RUDE NOT NICE LADY... I have never been treated in such a manner in my life it took me over 60 minutes to get checked in when no one else was around arron was sarcastic rolling his eyes, i have an accent i told him my name and he purposely kept saying it wrong ever after i corrected him 5 times he didnt want my id or credit card if management would roll back the tapes and see my hand extended with credit card and id in hand..... after so long of a wait and his INVESTIGATION was complete i finally got keys to my room if i could have gotten my money back from hotels.com i would have left... the area is full of police and ladies of the night people asking for change and such... save your money go else where

Room Tip: go to a different hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Morris, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you want a comfortable bed and the basics of a fridge/micro for a reasonable price in the Mpls area, stay at LivINN Fridley. There is an Applebees next door. Small hot tub. Fitness room in the basement. Staff Gina and Alma were great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cloquet Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here a few nights ago and on balance it was a very good experience.

Everyone we dealt with (desk clerks and maintenance man) was very friendly and helpful and in a couple of cases cheerfully went out of their way to help us out (I'll explain why help was needed later)

The hotel has a very nice lobby and our room was up to date style wise and tastefully decorated, clean and tidy when we checked in.

When we first arrived we our keycards wouldn't work so the desk clerk (late afternoon/evening staff) re-coded them and those didn't work either. She let us into our room and sent the maintenance guy over to fix the problem. He arrived minutes later and messed around with the door for a few minutes and replaced the batteries and at that point, he had me try our key cards and they worked fine. I have to say he was friendful and attempting to be as helpful as possible.

Later in the evening however, they again didn't work so the same desk clerk (for the 2nd time now) had to let us in our room for the night.

The next morning we left the room for a few minutes to get coffee in the lobby and again the keys didn't work so once again a desk clerk (morning staff) cheerfully let us into our room and used some sort of electronic gizmo on the door lock to re-set it and after that it worked just fine with our cards. She explained that others weren't aware that the problem we had needed this final step to work properly after the batteries are replaced.

A couple caveats if you decide to stay here. There is no pool ! We re-read the ad after we found this out and there is no mention of a pool....but we were guilty of assuming that there are no motels (or very few anyway) without pools these days. I must say, they have made a beautiful area out of where the pool used to be. It's like a landscapped backyard kinda thing and a nice area to sit and relax and visit. Mention was made by one of the long term tenants who lives there (more on that later) that when they had the pool kids from the second floor balcony overlooking the pool area would jump off the balcony into the pool which obviously is dangerous and I guess one of them was injured and after that the pool was filled in, tiled over and made into the nice garden area I mentioned. None the less, there is no pool, so if you or your kids need a pool to be happy....this isn't your place.

While relaxing with our morning coffee in the landacapped (formerly pool area mentioned above), there were a few people wandering through that for some reason just struck me as non-typical motel guests. We engaged one of them and he told us he lived there on a permanent basis. He was very nice, informative about the motel and we chatted for several minutes, but we sensed that this was't a relocated businessman, or some other job transfer situation (one just knows such things sometimes). We then surmised that some of the other guests we saw wandering through probably were permanent guests too. It was kind of a strange feeling to be in a motel and then realizing that in fact you are kind of intruding into someone's "home" areas.....hard to describe really, but a bit unsettling. This also gave us an "ahah" moment as to the jumping off the balcony into the pool thing since many hotels have balconys and we've yet to hear of one closing down the pool to prevent this type of behavior. We would guess permanent residents would present different types of potential problems than people here for a night or two.

As I said, our room was very nice.....but my back demands a very hard mattress. At 3:30 in the morning I woke up and my back was telling me in very certain terms that this mattress was to soft. So, I ended up sleeping on the floor for the second half of the night and actually woke up with my back feeling pretty good. We checked and the mattress was a good quality mattress....but it had a huge 4 inch really nice and soft pillowtop which didn't work at all for me. So, I am not blaming the motel for this, it's just that my personal situation demands a very firm mattress. If we do stay here again, which we may well do since the price is right, I'll just bring along my air-mattress I use for such occasions when traveling sometimes and use that.

So, in a nutshell, nice lobby, nice room, very friendly and helpful staff, priced right, free wi-fi, very soft pillow top mattresses, no pool and some permanent residents. If you're good with all these things, this is a great place to stay for the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley? Share your experiences!