“Try for yourself” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Phoenix
“Try for yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We always look forward to dining at ZA when we come to Minneapolis. Chef Paul Cooks the best tenderloin steaks and seasonal dishes are superb. Don't come to eat food but to enjoy dining with taste. A glass of wine will top it off.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Minnesota
“Small portions..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Looked like a cute restaurant from the outside. Nice view of the lake and the cute downtown. The hostess sat us immediately. Waited at the table for 5 + minutes for someone to take our drink orders - it was the hostess. I asked if she was the waitress and the hostess. She said she was actually the bartender! That was quite odd and led me to believe this place was not managed very well.. Well, my son (8) order a water in an adult glass because kids glassed with the straw are so little. She made him promise he would not spill! She was very odd and off-putting

The real waitress who took our order and brought our food was nice, competent. The food was ok American Italian food. Very good Italian sausage on the pizza. Good appetizer nachos. My alfredo dish was very rich and garlicky which was good. Overprized for the portion size. 3 adult meals, an app, and a dt coke for $75 was a bit much I thought.

Visited September 2012
Minnesota, United States
“Would not eat here again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

On our way home from vacation, we decided to stop at Za! as it sounded good. After waiting twenty minutes for a table, we were seated at a table that had been open and ready since we arrived. We had looked online for menus, and my son decided he wanted the kid's meal chicken fingers. My son is a very picky eater and only will eat about three things. After being seated, I asked the hostess for a kid's menu. After asking my son's age, who is 12, she refused, saying the kid's menu was for 10 and under. I said he wanted something from the kid's menu, but she said it "wouldn't fill him up!" My son eats a few bites of food and is usually done. How the heck does she think she knows anything about my son? We ordered an appetizer for him, but he fell asleep before the food arrived a full hour after ordering. So he didn't even eat anything! We were supposed to get bread with the meals that we ordered, but didn't. To make matters worse, I was completely disgusted after taking a bite of pasta and finding a hair in my mouth! My son and I finally left and waited outside while my husband waited for the check, as the waitress never brought it. This was the worst dining experience I have had. I would definitely steer anyone away from ever eating at this place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
North Branch, Minnesota
“Terrible service, small portions with a big bill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I took my husband for his birthday to ZA! in Forest Lake; we waited for about a half hour for our food and my kids were very hungry. When we got our food my kids got 2 chicken tenders and about 5 french fries. They reduced the portion of the lasagna and jacked up the price. The ceasar salad was horrible too. When we asked for the manager, twice, she refused to come talk to us. We found her at the front when we were walking out and she refused again to talk to us and called the owner over. The owner argued with us about the portions and price. We will NEVER go there again and don't recommend anyone else to. Thanks ZA! for ruining my husband's birthday!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Scandia
“Weird hours when are they open, who can remember their hours?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Have stopped by numerous time during normal business hours but the place was not open. I guess the place is closed on Mondays and Sundays. Hours do not follow traditional business hours for food places makes it challenging when you have clients with you and they are closed. Prices are on the high side for pizza. Great subs for lunch Cannot get lunch items during evening hours, why not, most places just charge more for late night dinning. Your subs are awesome.

• Visited April 2012