“Much comfort” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Fergus Falls
Castle Danger, Minnesota, United States
“Much comfort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Not many qualms about my 1 night stay at this budget hotel. The front desk clerk was friendly. I enjoyed having access to an exercise room and the pool. Although the pool temperature was a bit cool, it certainly invigorated my morning routine. The room met my needs. Nothing terribly memorable about it- it just suited my needs- clean and quiet. And of course the breakfast was pretty good. Typical fare- cereals, patries, toast, juice, coffee.
I did not expect much but I was very satisfied with these accomadations.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
MN032, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to tell us about your stay. It is very important to us to hear back from all our guests. I do apologize about your experience with our pool not being warm enough. We had just installed a brand new state of the art heating system for both our pool and spa, to ensure the best possible lodging experience for all of our guests.

We look forward to your stay again.

Comfort Inn of Fergus Falls

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This was your average budget hotel. However, the staff was very friendly and attentive. Good things: the breakfast bar, small but fun pool room, clean bathrooms.
Much needed improvements: Clean the Furniture! The pullout couch was disgusting. We didn't even want to sit on it. The inside was full of crumbs. They did give me a clean set of sheets but I still slept on my camping mat in my sleeping bag... it was gross. The rooms need an overall update.
The regular beds were clean and the comforters smelled clean as well.
They do allow pets so beware of small barking dogs. Luckily they were down the hall so we couldn't hear them at night.
Would I stay there again.... maybe. They did give us an incredible rate. Call directly for better deals when booking close to your date.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the pet rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Alpena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We found this place because we were tired, & heading west! Fergus Falls sounds like a place you would find in a Victorian novel. In reality, it's a neat town in Minnesota. Our Comfort Inn was true to the name... Comfort. We find that we usually have a good stay when we are at Comfort Inn's & this was no exception. We drove in after dark which happens early in November - & the folks were great! They set us up with a room, & pointed us to a great place to have dinner. Next morning, the food at their breakfast buffet was just right. We got our innies filled & headed out to continue on our westward trek. Good place to stay.

Room Tip: Nothing I can think of. All rooms were fine.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bartlett
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Front Desk went above and beyond throughout our stay. It was such a pleasure to be at this hotel. Everyone that we met was in a joyous mood. The greetings started as soon we entered the lobby, this went on we were down there to meet our family who had arranged a Christmas Party. Everyone of the guest was greeted with same enthusiasm. Wow !!! unbelievable Front desk staff. This is Super. We have stayed at lot of other hotels but never seen such a welcome. The rooms looked great. The next morning we had to leave early. When we went down our Car wouldn't start. We went down to the Front desk and see if we could get some help. The gentleman who was working (I think his name was Nick) readily came out and said he could help us jump the car. Wow !! we didn't even had to request and he was just ready to help us. I think this itself speaks for the hotel. I would definitely recommend this to all my friends and family. Definitely two thumbs up !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here, I wish that I could have stayed longer but I go where the work is. I never actually had a lodging experiance that was like this one. The manager was super awesome he was very nice! The hotel accommodations are very good. I would definitely stay again in the future. I gave the location 4 stars because there interstate billboard needs to be redone it is faded and doesn't stand out verywell.

• Stayed November 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very comfortable beds, clean room, great breakfast, and excellent service (the front desk person re-filled the waffle machine at our request)! We made use of the pool and hot tub too.
10/28/2011.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were PLEASANTLY SURPRISED,,,,employees were very helpful and friendly,rooms were very clean ,,,and the manager (Samanta) was very helpful and friendly with information on what resturants to visit the breakfast bar was very good with lots of choices, with free cookies all day.Will recommend this hotel to anyone ,,,GREAT place to go!!!

Room Tip: Suites are large with two TV and whirlpool
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!