“Old world Italy meets Old West” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Virginia
“Old world Italy meets Old West”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Fashioned in an old main street building in downtown Fergus, the original wood floors with exposed brick and wrought iron gates create a mixture of general store meets old West bank mixed with smells of Italy. The restaurant is very warm and cozy. The service is slower so don't expect to be in a hurry. Enjoy as the Italians do...eating is the event. You are started off with Tuscan bread and dipping oil which is very light and refreshing. The wine selection is quite good. I recommend the Tenderloin Marsala. Very delicious mushroom sauce with very well prepared tenderloin, cooked to perfection, medium rare, with excellent fresh vegetables as a side. The quality of food was surprising for a small town but definitely would make any Italian chef proud.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alpena
“Bello Cucina...Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My meal was Great! The Marine... well, he doesn't like cooked tomatoes (so HE chooses an Italian restaurant!!!) I ate the pieces of tomato from his plate, but I guess I should have helped him by suggesting another dish. Oh well. I had a LOVELY meal! & parts of his.

Visited November 2011
South Haven, Minnesota
“The Rudest, Most Unwelcoming Establishment I've Ever Encountered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

3 girlfriends and I visited Bello Cucina on a recent trip to Fergus Falls. We were by no means a large group and the restaurant was not busy at all (downtown was surprisingly very, VERY quiet for a Saturday). We were seated quickly (it wasn't busy) and everything seemed ok. We were having a nice conversation over a glass of wine when one of the waitresses came over and in the most condescending tone I have ever heard, told us there were complaints that we were too loud and that our table was reserved (which, in her own way basically meant we should leave). We were stunned. I do understand how distracting a group can be if they are intoxicated and/or laughing and talking loudly. However, none of us had even gotten through one glass of wine, so we were far from intoxicated and it was just the 4 of us having a regular conversation. At no point were we loud or disrespectful in any way. Nobody told us that our table was reserved when they seated us, and it was clear by looking around the restaurant that there were plenty of other tables left. We are a group of business owners and professionals. We've traveled all over the world and have never, ever been treated the way we were at Bella Cucina! After treating us so rudely, the wait staff took nearly a half hour to bring us our bill, so we couldn't leave (as they asked us to) even if we wanted to! The whole experience left a very bad impression not just for Bello Cucina, but for the city of Fergus Falls. We will never return.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Pretty neat experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I think this place has a very unique atmosphere, and the food was good. I would definitely eat there again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Excellent Italian food place is busy even on a Monday night so call for reservations if they allow.

Visited October 2011