“A lovely stay in Fergus Falls” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fergus Falls - Conference Center

You added AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fergus Falls - Conference Center to your Saves list
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fergus Falls - Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   526 Western Avenue, Fergus Falls, MN 56537   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
20% off + Double Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fergus Falls
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Eden Prairie
“A lovely stay in Fergus Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were staying overnight before my mother's funeral. The woman at the front desk was very helpful in finding a good place for a group of us to eat. The Italian restaurant on Lincoln Avenue was exceptional and she recommended a reservation which saved time waiting.
The rooms have been redecorated since I last stayed here. Totally satisfying experience!

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

AmericInn_FF, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fergus Falls - Conference Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. It is nice to hear that you had a lovely stay under the circumstances and we were able to help accommodate your family in this troubling time. Bello's is one of my favorite places to eat as well and I'm glad your experience went well for your family. Hope to see you again in the near future!

Keresa Schultz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about the way in which my family was treated while staying at the AmericInn Lodge in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. I have traveled all over the world and found the AmericInn in Fergus having the best service bar none. Friendly and helpful staff is an understatement! If there is such a thing as a year-end bonus...these folks deserve it! From the front desk to the folks caring for the rooms...to the staff fixing the best breakfast ever....the front office should be very proud of this group of dedicated people.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for such kind words regarding your stay and the staff at the AmericInn of Fergus Falls. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and how much they enjoyed their stay with us. We strive to make each guest feel welcome and at home. Hope to see you again when travels bring you our way!

Tracy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel! I thought for the money, it was very nice! The pool was great- adult swim from 11 p.m.-midnight. Breakfast was really good- a lot of choices! The parking lot is very small though. Also, Don't pay with cash because you will have to put $100 down (on credit card) on top of the room itself. I think it gets refunded if everything is ok in the end.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience regarding your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm happy to see that you were able to take advantage of the adult time in our pool recreation area. It great that you enjoyed our many choices of our hot home-style breakfast. I hope you will stay with us again when travels bring you our way.

Eagan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a puppy with us and it was easy to get our pup out to pet area for bathroom needs! They also had complimentary Chili when we arrived Thursday afternoon. We were very pleased with our entire stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay. I'm so delighted that we are your Halloween tradition. It's nice to hear how our guests spend their time in our pet friendly hotel and are able to enjoy our guest reception. Hope to see you soon!

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Over all not a great experience. I gave this hotel an average rating, however it borders on poor. When I checked in I felt like I was an inconvenience to the manager. First no one was at the desk when I check in, I had to fish for an offer to have assistance with my luggage and two children up to the second floor because there was no elevator. I asked for a crib/pack and play to be delivered to my room and it wasn't. Since it wasn't delivered and I needed to get my two small kids to bed I told the front desk manager that I would come down and get it (this bothers me because I had just checked in with two small kids, by myself and had to deal with this), any other hotel I've stayed at has delivered with no problems. After I went and got the pack and play myself and put it up, I found several of the support poles were broken and I couldn't use it anyway. I didn't want to have to go get another one so my toddler and I slept in the same bed.
At about 8:30 p.m I had to call down to the front desk because I could hear ALL of the lyrics to the country music playing on the loud speaker in the lobby when I was trying to get my kids to bed. Music...no problem, the fact that I could hear all of the words in my hotel room, with the door closed...it's a problem. After I called the manager turned it down. Over all I was left with a bad taste...The other issue I had was the family suite that I had was at the very top of the stairs, over looking the breakfast room, I could hear everything from breakfast conversation, music and waffle iron's beeping, my kids were woken up at 6 a.m due to noise. I personally would recommend that families with kids stay in this particular family suite. If you book this hotel and are booking a room make sure you request to be far, FAR away from the lobby area as any sound from that area (music, breakfast, conversations) carry right into your room.
I will say that my room and bed were clean, the breakfast was good and offered healthy options and the manager in the morning that I shared my concerns with apologized for the issues and did give me a small credit on my stay which was nice of her (even though it doesn't make up for lack of sleep and poor service from the night before.)

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in a room that over looks the lobby or breakfast area. You can hear everything from bre...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Onalaska, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm not sure where all these really great 5 star reviews came from. Possibly they give you a better room, bigger room or style of room when you are not travelling with a pet. I stopped here with my very quiet, clean dog on the way back from a trip north. The cost of the room was pretty reasonable with AAA plus the pet fee it came to just about $100 with taxes.The door to get into the side of the building didn't work with my key- twice I had to have people open the door for me. I was told you need to yank hard on the door, but I was never able to get it to work. Juggling baggage and a dog made that whole process difficult. The room itself was just ok- average. My room was smaller in size though it had 2 queen beds, probably didn't need to be any bigger but it did feel a bit cramped. Yes they had done some updating, the beds, lighting , headboards and furniture seemed newer. The carpeting was dirty all around the edges and the bathroom was small and tight. The tub was stained yellowish at the entire bottom, the ceiling tiles had rust around the edges of the frames where the tiles sat, the tiles had what looked like dirty fingerprint stains from people accessing the ceiling tiles at some point and the flooring tiles seemed dated and not the cleanest around the edges. The sink was on the outside of the bathroom...not my favorite set up, but the granite counters were nice. Wish there was more counter space...with no place to set things in the bathroom, the sink counter was all there was as I never set anything on the floors in a hotel for sanitary reasons. The walls had many stains, nicks and dents in them, which made the place feel less updated. A good patch job on the walls and fresh paint would go a long way toward making the room feel newer. Had they taken care of those issues and updated the bathroom, along with just a general better cleaning of the floors, this would have been a 4 star review. Before anyone thinks these issues were "pet friendly room related" I didn't see or smell any signs of previous pets and nothing looked to be because of a pet in the rooms. The tub, walls, ceiling and paint had nothing to do with anyones previous pets in the room. Breakfast was fine, nothing special, but they did have a nice coffee area set up with tea, hot chocolate, flavored creamers and assorted flavorings to add, which was a nice touch. They also had Chili available in the lobby area for guests the night I checked in which was quite good and allowed me to skip having to go out for dinner. This place had a few positives which I liked. Not a bad hotel by any means, just average. A few changes could make it much higher on my list of places to stay. Employees were friendly and helpful, no issues there at all. Overall safety of the place felt good for those travelling alone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chetek, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our choice to stay at the americinn while in fergus falls. Hotel was clean, staff was fiendly, breakfast selection was nice and location was easy to find. Beds were comfortable as well.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fergus Falls - Conference Center? Share your experiences!