“never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault

You added Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault to your Saves list
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1801 Lavender Dr., Faribault, MN 55021 (Formerly Hotel Faribault)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
“never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding. On one occasion, the front desk clerk snapped at my friend's 10 year old daughter when she asked for a towel for the pool because they were out. She was almost in tears. Then the night of the wedding, my girlfriend and I arrived back from the reception with my 9 year old daughter, my friend's ten year old girl, and my girlfriend's 12 year old girl. The girls were super excited to have just been in a limo. When we walked in to the hotel, the night clerk, Chris, glared at all of us and shushed us! She then told us to go to our room! It was rude and ridiculous. I have never received such an impolite "greeting" at a hotel, not to mention how our kids were treated!

• Stayed April 2006
Melissa0505, manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault, responded to this review, December 18, 2008
The wedding group arrived at the hotel very late and very intoxicated. They were nicely asked to be quiet numberous times before things got out of hand. We had numberous complaints form our other paying guests and there was no other way to solve the problem than by asking them to leave the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Blaine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2006

First they don't gaurantee the type of room you reserve if your in a wedding block but they will charge you for it anyway. They don't have staff with proper customer service skills. The owner makes no apologoes and does not know how to treat it's customers or train his staff. He makes all kinds of statements after the facts. I highly recomend not staying in this hotel. I personally will never stay at another Americinn after my experience with this one.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

I booked a block of rooms here for our wedding, which unfortunately brought this hotel a great deal of business. As my new husband and I returned to the hotel to finish off a beautiful wedding day, we were not greeted with a smile, congratulations, or even "hello". Instead, the clerk to followed me up to my suite and, as I was opening the door to enter our room, tapped me on the shoulder. She began shushing me as if I was a child, telling me I had to be quiet. She proceeded to tell me that she was sick of my wedding party and she had had enough problems with us already (remember my husband and I had JUST returned from the reception less than 10 minutes prior to this). I was very confused as to how this was my problem and why she would be so rudely bothering me with this information on my wedding night as I was trying to join my husband in our room. An argument ensued and my new husband and I packed up our belongings to stay at another hotel. As we were leaving, I stated that I was not planning to pay for the room because of the treatment we had received, to which the clerk replied "we will get our money, b----". We went to the Days Inn across the street. The clerk was smiling when we walked in (I was still in my gown) until she could see that I had been crying. She was very supportive, and shocked, and did what she could to help us out, and she congratulated us, two things the AmericInn hadn't bothered to do. Our wedding night was RUINED. The manager of the property offered us a free night, which I of course declined, for a regular room and we paid for a suite that we were unable to use.

• Stayed April 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2005

Staff was very accommodating and friendly. We traveled with our dog and they had a nice area for pet exercise. Pool/spa area was great. Breakfast bar excellent in this price range. We stayed 5 nights while visiting relatives, and will stay again on our next visit to Faribault.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault? Share your experiences!