“Sticky fingers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault

Save Saved
You added Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault to your Saves list
Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1801 Lavender Dr., Faribault, MN 55021 (Formerly Hotel Faribault)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Faribault
Hector, MN
“Sticky fingers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Someone in the building thought they needed an Ipad more than I did so mine somehow disappeared from my locked room. Management did not seem too interested in investigating the issue and the end result was that I was basically told I was scamming them. I have stayed in this hotel many times this year and it has always been adequate but one bad apple on the staff has made me not too willing to stay there again and feel comfortable. I guess I have to take all my belongings out of the room daily to feel safe and I suggest you do the same.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AAFbltGM, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
First, let me apologize for the amount of time it has taken to respond, however, we were still in the middle of investigating the situation. I also am truly sorry for the frustrating experience you have endured here with us at the AmericInn of Faribault. It is certainly not acceptable for any of our guest to leave an AmericInn location with the feelings and perceptions that you shared in your Trip Advisor Review.

In regards to this specific situation, as you know, we have worked closely with the local police department. Unfortunately, we (management and the police department) were unable to locate the missing item or determine who was responsible. The staff in question was found innocent however, due to the accusations she is no longer employed with us.

We appreciate you and your business here at the hotel and I am thankful you have returned multiple times to the property. Thank you for the second chance you have given us to prove that our staff is still the trustworthy staff you have grown to count on.

Teresa Schalz

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had my hesitations when checking in to this hotel. While I immediately noticed an unusual odor it turned out to be the chlorine from the pool which situates immediately to the right of the check in desk. Once I realized that I only smelled the pool, my concern subsided. As it turns out, everyone that works at that hotel, from the check-in to the maid service, is very nice and accomodating. The prices are excellent, the rooms are of good size, and the bathroom has enough counter space to comfortably hold toiletries for two people. Breakfast is included and was fairly typical of what you normally would expect from a free breakfast bar.
I would definitely stay again as this is the best value in town when considering price, room and amenities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AAFbltGM, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. Our staff strive to make each guest feel welcomed and at home. I hope you are able to come back and visit our great town of Faribault and stay with us here at AmericInn.

See you soon,

Teresa Schalz
Holcombe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just a one night stay. Place was very clean. Was very quiet even though our room was on the front of the motel and close to the check-in. Nice breakfast. Hot tub was not very hot.. but that's the way I like it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AAFbltGM, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share how you enjoyed your stay with us here at the AmericInn in Faribault, MN. It always makes me happy to hear when a guest enjoys their stay, and am very glad that we were able to accomodate you and provide you with what you needed during your stay! We hope to have you come stay with us again soon!

AmericInn Faribault, MN
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a to make a trip to Fairbault for a function in town It was still to cold to stay out at my camper at the resort! So I decided to make a hotel resi for one night. looked all around town and compaired pricing and I could have stayed at a cheeper Hotel. But I chose to stay here because after the reviewing all the hotels in town this one fit my needs and I was very comfortable here. Staff was very friendly and room was clean and comfortable. Thank you for being there. If the need arises again I will stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
AAFbltGM, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites by Cobblestone Faribault, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us here on Trip Advisor! I am very glad that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room, especially when it was still too cold out for you to be able to stay in the comfort of your own camper. Here at the AmericInn, we take pride in our very friendly and helpful staff, and I am glad that you were able to experience this first hand!

As the weather is finally getting warmer, I hope you are enjoying spending time in your camper at the resort! If you are ever in need of a hotel rooom or have visitors, it would be our pleasure to host you again.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you again for taking the time to review your stay!

General manager
Faribault, AmericInn
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our family enjoyed a brief, one-night stay with a group of friends in Faribault. Hotel was clean, neat and convenient. The staff was very helpful and accommondating to our group. Comfortable sitting area in lobby for conversation, enjoyed some pool-side time while kids soaked and sweated in sauna and typical continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the AmericInn in Faribault, Mn, and also, thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor!

I am very glad to hear that, although it was a short stay, you were able to enjoy your time here with your group of friends! We take pride in being able to consistantly provide a clean hotel to our guests, and also in our staff, who take pride in their job and truly care about making our guests stays the best they can be!

Good conversation with good friends can quickly turn any weekend into a great weekend, and I am happy to hear that you were able to use our comfortable lobby to chat, and that you were also able to enjoy poolside time watching your kids have fun in our pool!

We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future!

AmericInn Hotel & Suites, Faribault
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel a few times a year for over 20 years. Our last stay at Christmas 2012 was disappointing. The bedding is getting worn The blankets and bedspread are faded and very thin for a Minnesota winter. We had to run the extremely noisy heating unit all night to stay warm as the bedding was insufficient. The upholstered chairs were dirty in our room. Hallways and public areas were not cleaned during our stay. Additionally the hotel rents out the pool and "breakfast" room to outside groups so we were unable to use these spaces.

The breakfast has really gone down in quality. You get biscuits and gravy three of five week days! Hard boiled eggs were at least 2-3 days old as they were of a rubbery consistency. the breakfast area was dirty.

The hotel staff remain very friendly and helpful and two papers are available daily -- which is wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back side of the hotel. It faces a residential street. Stay away from the South E...