“Worth the trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Hutchinson House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faribault
Historic Hutchinson House B&B
Save Saved
You added Historic Hutchinson House B&B to your Saves list
305 2nd St NW, Faribault, MN 55021   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Faribault B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I were planning a trip to the Twin Cities. We found The Hutchinson House in Fairbault to be an excellent alternative to staying in St. Paul or Minneapolis. We found fun things to do in Fairbault including biking and exploring the shops on the main drag. A trip to St. Paul was an easy drive and only about 40 minutes away. The Hutchinson House was a welcome retreat for us at the end of the day. The house is beautifully decorated, clean, and quiet. Breakfast was delicious. Most importantly, Tami and Doug were perfect hosts. It was great to have someone to ask about local attractions or good places to eat. Wonderful trip, wonderful people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We spent three wonderful days at this B&B. The service was outstanding. The breakfasts were awesome and the room excellent. I would recommend that anyone traveling in the area of Faribault stay here. We were in town to do family research. The proprietor was most helpful in sending us in the right direction.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

A return trip after a number of years; the B&B is more beautiful and Tami and Doug exhibit a great talent in maintaining and running a wonderful place to stay. The addition of "Butler", a dog with a warm personality, adds to the greeting.

Room Tip: Each room is different; the rooms at the front are accessed by a larger stair case; the rooms in the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had occasion to visit St Paul MN on a business trip last week ( June 2012).
One of the people I met with suggested that instead of staying in St Paul, I might want to check out Hutchinson House in Faribault, and I could commute with him each day while I was visiting.
This turned out to be a brilliant idea.
I would much rather stay at the H. House and the lovely town of Faribault.
The place is gorgeous! A historic home , with modern amenities, such as central aircon.
Breakfasts are wonderfully prepared by the hostess/owner, and are delicious.
The rooms are spacious, and the antique furniture is amazing,
The bed is large, the mattress very comfortable.

Bathroom is fully modern, lots of hot water in the huge standup shower.

The neighbourhood is deeply restful and very quiet.
Picture a residential street with century old elms and oaks, in a quiet backwater neighbourhood, in a town which looks like it has changed little since the 1940s.

It is well worth the trouble to drive there and only about a half hour south of Minneapolis.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My wife and I went to stay at the Hutchinson House on March 30th and 31st and we had a great stay. Tami is a wonderful host and full of life. Food in the morning was nothing short of amaizing. We will be back again next time we are going through Minnesota.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Faribault, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My husband and I spent the night at Historic Hutchinson House the night of our wedding, it was fabulous! My husband and I are both lifetime residents of Faribault and our moms set up our stay with Tami.

We stayed in Dr. Haessly's Suite; the room was beautifully decorated and we especially loved the heated tile floor in the bathroom and the private porch - we both agreed it was like a vacation right in our home town!

We awoke early and enjoyed visiting with Tami and hearing all the details about the house while enjoying coffee. Tami is a fabulous cook; the breakfast she served was amazing and having the full china on the table was a treat!

We also fell in love with Butler, their one year old English Bulldog! We will definitely go back and would refer anyone to the Historic Hutchinson House!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I am a lawyer who had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful bed and breakfast during a 7 day trial I had in Fairbault, Minnesota. The Hutchinson House was perfect for me. It was 1 block away from the courthouse, and was just 2 blocks from the main drag in Fairbault. It was particularly nice waking up to a modified to my taste breakfast every morning before trial. The house itself was beautiful, and the owners, Tami and Doug, were delightful to talk to in the evenings. I can honestly say this was the best bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Historic Hutchinson House B&B? Share your experiences!