“Very restful and welcoming.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Hutchinson House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faribault
Historic Hutchinson House B&B
305 2nd St NW, Faribault, MN 55021   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Faribault B&B and Inns
Edmonton
“Very restful and welcoming.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had occasion to visit St Paul MN on a business trip last week ( June 2012).
One of the people I met with suggested that instead of staying in St Paul, I might want to check out Hutchinson House in Faribault, and I could commute with him each day while I was visiting.
This turned out to be a brilliant idea.
I would much rather stay at the H. House and the lovely town of Faribault.
The place is gorgeous! A historic home , with modern amenities, such as central aircon.
Breakfasts are wonderfully prepared by the hostess/owner, and are delicious.
The rooms are spacious, and the antique furniture is amazing,
The bed is large, the mattress very comfortable.

Bathroom is fully modern, lots of hot water in the huge standup shower.

The neighbourhood is deeply restful and very quiet.
Picture a residential street with century old elms and oaks, in a quiet backwater neighbourhood, in a town which looks like it has changed little since the 1940s.

It is well worth the trouble to drive there and only about a half hour south of Minneapolis.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My wife and I went to stay at the Hutchinson House on March 30th and 31st and we had a great stay. Tami is a wonderful host and full of life. Food in the morning was nothing short of amaizing. We will be back again next time we are going through Minnesota.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Faribault, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My husband and I spent the night at Historic Hutchinson House the night of our wedding, it was fabulous! My husband and I are both lifetime residents of Faribault and our moms set up our stay with Tami.

We stayed in Dr. Haessly's Suite; the room was beautifully decorated and we especially loved the heated tile floor in the bathroom and the private porch - we both agreed it was like a vacation right in our home town!

We awoke early and enjoyed visiting with Tami and hearing all the details about the house while enjoying coffee. Tami is a fabulous cook; the breakfast she served was amazing and having the full china on the table was a treat!

We also fell in love with Butler, their one year old English Bulldog! We will definitely go back and would refer anyone to the Historic Hutchinson House!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I am a lawyer who had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful bed and breakfast during a 7 day trial I had in Fairbault, Minnesota. The Hutchinson House was perfect for me. It was 1 block away from the courthouse, and was just 2 blocks from the main drag in Fairbault. It was particularly nice waking up to a modified to my taste breakfast every morning before trial. The house itself was beautiful, and the owners, Tami and Doug, were delightful to talk to in the evenings. I can honestly say this was the best bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed in Dr. Haessly's Suite. Loved the private screened-in porch where my wife and I sipped wine on a mild October evening. Faribault is a terrific town with several good restaurants (Gran Plaza Mexican Grill, Augustos Piadina, Depot Bar & Grill) and a viable downtown. Don't miss the Cheese Cave; they age their signature bleu cheese in nearby caves (it's killer)! They apparently have a good historical society museum, but it's closed on weekends (grrrrrrrrr). Drive up to Shattuck St. Mary's and get an eyeful of tradition and architecture. We hope to visit the newly opened Faribault Woolen Mill Retail Store, next trip, and catch a production at the sumptuously restored Paradise Center for the Arts. Lots to see and do! And Tami & Doug couldn't have been better guides and hosts!

Room Tip: We enjoyed Dr. Haessly's Suite, but on our next trip I think we'll book the Johnson's Pr...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

This was our first B&B trip for our one year anniversary. We rode our motorcycles from Central MN to Faribault and this was a great place to stay! Tami and Doug were great hosts...the room (Dr. Haessly's suite) was a great place to spend two nights in. The decor was more period correct-the bed was comfortable...and that room has a great modern bathroom with heated floors, stand up shower AND a nice tub (with jets). Tami was a great cook for the breakfasts...and the service is great.

There is really someone to be said for staying here...the main areas have the more original design features (great craftsmenship) and antiques...while it is updated enough to allow a comfortable stay.

We will be coming back...

Room Tip: Dr. Haessly's Suite has a spacious/modern bathroom with heated floors...and a small screened por...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Richfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Hutchinson house. With B&B's you want a comfortable bed, a great breakfast, and hosts that make you feel welcome. Tami and Doug provided all of that and more. The house has been lovingly and tastefully restored. Every room has it's own uniqueness so it is hard to make up your mind which room to stay in. We have stayed in many B&B's and this is one of our favorites. We will return and highly recommend this B&B!
Mike & Judy

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Historic Hutchinson House B&B? Share your experiences!