“Best hotel in the area!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fairmont
Bartlett, Illinois
“Best hotel in the area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Holiday Inn Fairmont is a very good and comfortable hotel. We stay here at least five times a year as my wife has family in the area. It is in a great location for travelers as it is right off of I-90. The rooms are good size and are very comfortable. The room includes WiFi and has a good TV cable selection. The hotel also has a nice restaurant, Green Mill, which is very good. There is also another restaurant within walking distance and a gas station across the street. We have used the fitness center and pool which are both nice. It would be a great stay for families with children or those traveling further.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Fairmont08, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you for your continued business and for taking the time to write us a nice review. Our staff takes great pride in the work that they do and our Owners are very committed to providing our guests with a nice hotel.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Jason Subbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We've stayed here 2 times already this year. They consistently do a good job. The beds are comfortable, the pool area is great, and they keep the water temp warmer than most hotels!
Make sure to order some Green Mill pizza while you are there!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fairmont08, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the four star review. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed both of our stays with us this year. We look forward to seeing you again when your back in our area.

Manchester, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

First off let me say that this hotel is nice in appearance. It has a very nice pool area. The rooms are average. The restaurant is very nice and the food was good also. I picked this hotel based pretty much solely on the pool area. My son loved to swim and since we very rarely get to go anywhere it is important to me that he gets a chance to swim in a nice pool area. So we get checked in and head to the Green Mill for supper. The staff was very nice and very timely. Our food was very good. After supper we head back to the room to watch a little TV and let our food settle before we head to the pool. Well that is where things start to go bad. The TV doesn't work. Not a huge deal, I only wanted to watch the weather as bad weather was forecast. I walked down to the front desk and the young lady attending followed me up to check the TV. Yep, doesn't work. So she does right and puts us in another room. She offers to lower our rates to make up for it. I told her no big deal, that things just happen sometimes. After watching the weather we change into our swimsuits and head for the pool. We just get to the pool area, slip our shoes off, about to put our feet in the pool and the hotel manager tells me the pool is closed because someone's child could make it to the restroom. Am I upset yes. But again, this is out of the hotel's control so I understand. Unfortunately the pool area must remain closed for 24 hrs. So after only having been in the hotel for a couple hours I decide a change of hotels is in order. I call across the street to a different hotel. a hotel that was actually my second choice behind the Holiday Inn. They tell me they have rooms available. The price is higher and the pool area isn't as nice but at this point we don't have alot of options if my son is going to get to swim. So we head to the front desk of the Holiday Inn to announce our plans. The hotel manager is very understanding as is will to help in any way he can. He offers us a stay at the Comfort Inn as they are affiliated. I decline as we wanted the nicer pool are. So he gets the "Head" manager on the phone to see if there is anything she can do for us. She puts the manager at the hotel on hold while she calls the hotel of our choice to see if there is anything they can do for us. While on hold the manager gets pulled away and a young woman takes over. This is where things change and attitudes become tested. The young woman puts the phone to her head and says she is taking with the "Head" hotel manager. The young woman again offers me the Comfort Inn. I decline.....again.(She was standing right there the first time I declined.) But now a new twist and this is why I will never stay there again. She tells me the hotel of our choice is booked up and that the Comfort Inn is our only choice!! I tell her I called and that they have rooms available. Then she tells me, "well they could have booked up in the last couple hours." I JUST CALLED 15 MINUTES AGO!! So I get out my cell phone and call the hotel while the woman is standing there. Yep, they have plenty of rooms. Up until this point I was, while not happy with the situation, very understanding. But now I am being lied to. This in my opinion is the very worst thing customer service can do. Lie to a customer just to make a buck off of a sister hotel. Again, I will not stay there again. Unfortunate to put the blame on this hotel for the actions of one person. But this woman was employed by the hotel therefor they are responsible.
Lastly I do want to say again. Hotel, rooms, pool area, parking.....all very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback. I feel terrible about the poor experience that you had at our hotel and I feel worse about how things where handled. I have sent you a private message to try and get an opportunity to talk with you about this. Guest feedback is critical to future guests experiences and I always welcome honest feedback. I hope that I get a chance to talk with you soon and I apologize once again.

gm@hifairmont.com
507-236-0318
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I'm just going through all the hotels on our road trip. And this one has very few notes. This to be honest is quite a good thing, as it means there was nothing really wrong with it and nothing truly remarkable about it. Check-in was efficient. The room looked exactly like the last two Holiday Inn's. The restaurant served reasonable food. It's another convention hotel, so full of photocopier salesmen. The only other note I have about it was the wi-fi was fairly poor. So for a stop-over it's fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairmont08, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Tim & Jamie,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking them time to write a review. I'm glad to hear that you had nothing bad to report but also which you had something great to report. We do appreciate your feedback on our wifi. Something must have been wrong because we have 100 megs of service and we don't usually see complaints on our service. I will follow up to ensure all of our access points are working correctly.

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for staying with Holiday Inn.

Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We recently had the occasion to stay in this property. We had a few times before and this time was as comfortable as we have become accustomed to at this location.

Unless you are traveling as a family or pool-party type, we tend to look for rooms away from the central court which overlooks the pool. It can get busy--and noisy--and unless you choose to be part of the water-fun ask for a room elsewhere.

The rooms are clean, and smell-free...the beds and bedding clean and comfortable.

The adjacent restaurant is very good too--serving all meal service for the hotel. They even feature happy hour specials, and a restrained sport-bar vibe.

Recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairmont08, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a nice review. We have a lot of poolside or poolview rooms that give our guests direct access to our wonderful poolarea. I'm glad that you got the opportunity to experience our GreenMill Restaurant and Bar.

Thanks again or staying with us and travel safely,

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here during a business trip to the US from the UK. After a 5 hour drive from Stoughton WI, we just wanted somewhere to get our heads down and relax. The staff on reception were very welcoming and soon had us checked in to our rooms. The rooms were clean and tidy and the usual size for The Holiday Inn.

The restaurant next door served great food and was a perfect way to end the day.

Bonus, free cookies on arrival!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Philip,

Thank you for staying with us and for the nice review. I was glad to hear that after a long day of travel you where able to rest and relax. We hope you had a safe trip home and we look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to the Fairmont area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was in Fairmont on a business trip and wasn't having high hopes for the accommodation as I drove in town but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff was very friendly and the room was great. The dinning on site was awesome! This was a great place to unwind after a long day and long trip..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fairmont08, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Shawn,

Thank you for staying with us and for the nice review. I was very glad to hear that at the end of a long business trip you where able to rest and relax. I will share you comments with our staff and encourage them to keep up the good work!

Thanks again and I hope that you choose us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Jason Subbert

Been to Holiday Inn Fairmont? Share your experiences!