“Incredible staff, deep pool!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fairmont
East Troy
“Incredible staff, deep pool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed at the Fairmont Holiday Inn on our way out to Custer State Park last weekend, then again last night on our way home. We were so impressed with the level of service from the staff at this hotel. Over the course of the two nights we stayed, Jay, Jeff and Jerry all helped with our various requests and did so in a way that made us feel they wanted nothing less than our complete satisfaction during our stay. Truly first class service. The rooms are fairly standard, but quite clean, although the carpet in our poolside room was a little damp. No big deal though. Our 10 year old son was thrilled to have the pool located just out side our door, and my 47 year old husband was thrilled that the pool was 8 ft deep at one end, a rarity among hotel pools. And I was thrilled that the water in the pool was incredibly warm! Oh -- and the pizza from the hotel restaurant was fantastic too. Can't say enough about what a lovely surprise it was to stumble upon such a great place to stay on I90 in "the middle of nowhere", SD!

Room Tip: Families choose poolside or poolview, business, couple and single travelers will want to request a r...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fairmont08, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you and your family had a great time and it sounds like a great vacation. Our staff works hard to take care of our guests and I am glad to hear that Jay, Jerry and Jeff left such a great impression on your family. I’ll share your comments with our staff and thank you again for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Great location right off the Interstate. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to insure our stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Fairmont08, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you for the nice review and thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn. I am very glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and our staff did a great job for you. I am very proud of our staff and they work hard so thank you for taking the time to recognize them. We invite you to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Fairmont area. General Manager
Forest Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had a meeting here and took my familiy. It was a perfect hotel for the family since it has a nice pool, hot tub, game area and an excellent restaurant which serves excellent pizza until late in the evening! Perfect for the kids and when they are busy and having fun it makes it relaxing for the adulta! The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The hotel is clean and nicely updated. We apprecaited all the amentities. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing our Holiday Inn and for the nice review. I am so glad to hear that your family had a great time. Our staff takes great pride in providing clean comfortable rooms and our company is committed to having the amenities that really matter. I will share your comments with our staff. Thank again for staying with us and we will look forward to seeing again when your travels bring you back to the Fairmont area.
Canyon Lake, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

There is really no reason anyone should have to go here to Fairmont unless for business or needing a break during a long drive on the 90. This hotel has a decent lobby and the restaurant/bar onsite is nice seeing as there really isn't much else around. However, the rooms are seriously lacking. I even had the nicest room in the hotel which was a two room suite with a jacuzzi. The bathroom was the only part that had been renovated. The jacuzzi was ancient. The televisions were old tiny tubes with poor reception quality. The carpet was dirty, furniture old, and I was disgusted looking on the ground behind the bed. During my stay they repaved the parking lot and I was away with a collegue offsite when they started. Came back that evening and found my rental car had been moved down the street (not by me and obviously by tow). No one ever contacted me and there was no warning about them planning to repave the parking lot. Had it been my own car and not a rental I would have been furious. The bar and restaurant onsite has pretty good food and good drink specials as well as friendly staff. The front desk staff is also very cordial but again it's the room that matters to me more than anything. In that respect (the room), this hotel was a fail. I stayed across the street at the Hampton the following week and the rooms are small but much newer and much nicer.

• Stayed July 2011
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am disappointed that you didn’t rest well while staying with us and that you were not happy with your accommodations. I apologize for the carpet not being clean in your room and I will share your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure that they do a better job.

I also apologize for your car being towed during our parking lot improvement project. Trust me that this was a last resort. We tried to communicate the project to everyone with information at check in. We posted signs on the entrance doors. We ended up having to tow just one car and I apologize that we didn’t have your contact information to be able to have you move it.

We have been working hard to improve our property and we recently renovated all of our guestroom bathrooms and added an elevator. I am happy to hear that our staff did a nice job taking care of you and that you enjoyed your meal in our GreenMill Restaurant.

I hope that when you travel you will consider giving Holiday Inn another chance. Our hotel would love another opportunity to do a better job for you. Thanks again for your feedback and please travel safely.
Grand Island, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Very old property. No update to property or rooms. Room was however clean and didn't smell. Most king size rooms are located adjacent to stairways which are very noisy. Reservered a king room but had to switch to a double . If you are a light sleeper, you will not want room 266. There's a cooling unit located on the roof above the room and its really loud.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thank you for staying with us in Fairmont. We always strive to have guests be able to rest and recharge for the next day and we apologize that you were not able to rest comfortably.

Concerning the noise in room 266, I personally went to this room today to check into it. We did find that we have a problem with the air conditioner in that room and we will have Maintenance replace the unit today. I also noticed the noise from the roof top unit that services the pool area and our Maintenance team is investigating that problem as well.

Thank you for your feedback as this is how we improve. We would have liked the opportunity to help you during your stay and I would encourage you in the future to let us know if you are having a problem so we can get it resolved for you while you’re still at the hotel.

We have been working hard to improve the quality of our guest experience. We have upgraded our free High Speed Internet service, we added an elevator and the bathrooms are completely renovated. Our property is committed to continuous improvements and we will strive to learn from your comments and apply necessary changes.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that you will consider staying with us again when your travel needs bring you back into the Fairmont area.

Travelers are raving about these Fairmont hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stopped at the Hotel in January - A good Front Desk Reception , Helpfull Staff ,Bar that was Ok ...But I'm sorry about the rest.

This is my own opinion based on a weeks stay - i admitt that its based on one bedroom - but talking to business colleagues the other rooms are the same or worse.

As a business traveller i want from a Hotel, Clean Rooms , Well maintained Bathrooms, somewhere to rest of an evening watching a decent tv + free wifi ...Oh and a decent place to eat.

Hallways -Carpets need reoplacing - decor restyled -dramaticaly

Bedroom - OH Dear Carpets years past the sell by date , lights dim -giving the room a dark and dingie feel ( like a place to lie low in a 50's gangster movie) -sorry the room was also dusty in the corners.

Also soundproofing ....do you have any?

Heating - have you ever watched Fawltey Towers ...have a look at one of the episodes on UTube ..very heating -wore a beanie hat in bed.

Had Breakfast the first day very average...

The Hotel and function room was busy at least 3-4 nights out of the 7 i stayed so it can not be that the hotel isnt making Money -So why doesnt the Chain spend Money on it and fit it out correctly? thats the least they could do to give the staff a chance!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
TorgersonProperties, Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind words about our staff! At the same time, please accept our apologies. In reading your review, I want to sincerely apologize as your experience definitely doesn't reflect the quality and value we strive to provide for our guests.

Since your visit in January, we have undergone a number of exciting changes at the hotel. We have updated our high speed internet service, which is an absolute essential for our guests. We have updated all of our guest bathrooms with new finishes on nearly every surface (new tile, new vanities, new lighting). We also added an elevator to the hotel.

Our renovations are never "complete" as we will always be making improvements to the hotel as we are committed to being a hotel of choice in Fairmont now and in the future. We will take your comments to heart in our planning for the additional improvements we will be making this fall and winter.

I sincerely hope you will visit again with us on your next trip through Fairmont and allow us the opportunity to show you the value and service you (and we) expect.
Humboldt, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Once we got past the nice lobby, we realized we should lower our expectations. Yes, coming into the room, there was hair in the corners of the bathroom easily picked up with tissue paper and excused as "probably busy" in my head. There was a roll of toilet paper with only a wisp left, but there was a second roll, so I didn't panic. There was soda pop splatters inside the bottom dresser drawer that I cleaned out with a wash cloth. Gross, but I guess the staff don't look in there.
We stayed poolside - which was apparently open until 11:00 pm - not the 9:00 pm I was told when I booked the room. The beds were uncomfortable and the room was surprisingly dry (for being next to the pool!) but we survived the first night. The pool was pretty noisy. We didn't sleep very well until it closed at 11:00 am.
The second night brought some surprises. We were out of the hotel all day, and when we returned, the beds were made. The full toilet paper roll had migrated from the back roller to the front (why bother re-situating it without replacing it?). We settled in but couldn't sleep because of the excessive music coming from the pool area. We called the front desk and learned there was a wedding going on - live band - nothing they can do about it. No rooms available to move us away from the noise, either. No discount on our room.
The band lasted until midnight - the loud drunken babbling until 2:00 am. Calls to the front desk were in vain. Then to my horror, we discovered a disgusting "used" hand towel in-between the sheets of our bed. I swear it wasn't there the night before, but it wasn't a "clean towel caught in the sheets" either because - well - it wasn't clean. We didn't get much sleep either night. I complained to the front desk but no offer to discount - just a shrug like this happens all the time.
I'm never staying there again. I'm considering never staying at a Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
TorgersonProperties, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
I can’t apologize enough for your stay at Holiday Inn Fairmont. The situation you described is unacceptable and I am sincerely sorry. Not only did we not meet your expectations in terms of cleanliness, but we failed to respond to your requests for assistance throughout your experience. Please understand that we take your comments very, very seriously. I will immediately share your feedback with my staff and we will identify where we went wrong and fix it. But the first step is to express to you how sorry we are that we failed to provide you with a clean room, a restful night and friendly, helpful service.

Jason Subbert

Been to Holiday Inn Fairmont? Share your experiences!