“Not as Good as Previous Visits” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Ely
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Not as Good as Previous Visits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was my third or fourth time at Sir G's restaurant. I was disappointed in the taste of the meal on this visit. Previous meals were all very good. I was there with 3 other canoeing buddies and we all thought the pasta dishes we ate were so-so at best. We each ordered different things, so I think the issues was not just limited to my meal nor to just my taste buds.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Geneva, Illinois
“This Pizza beats the Chains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Have been coming here for years and it is a good pizza. Coming from the Chicago area we are used to all variations of pizza. Thin crust, stuffed, deep dish. Although it is not a Chicago pizza it is quite good and takes care of the pizza craving when in Ely.

Visited July 2013
“Delish!! :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had the Shrimp and Chicken Alfredo...delicious!! :-) Nice size portion and great service! Definitely will be back to try more. Thank you for a great evening.

Charlotte
“Italian.....Maybe Upstate MinnesotItalian......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

After a couple nights of walleye, we went to Sir G's for some "Italian". Uh, yeah, just because you have some Italian food names on the menu doesn't mean it's the real deal. The quality isn't absolutely terrible, but for the price, it's not that great either. Take for example the bread - a little loaf of some crusted white bread that's about Italian as my Uncle Murphy. I ordered an Italian sausage ........it was a patty and I think I would have just called Spicy Ground Beef on the menu. I doubt it was sausage at all. Of course if you douse pasta or whatever in enough marinara and cheese, I guess it seems Italian. They had some of the pasta as a kind of "side" dish, which seemed strange. I had the ravioli as a side to the sausage, and it just so-so.

Over all....for the price and quality I was disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ely, Minnesota
“Best Pizza and Pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Best Pizza, LaSagna, and Cappoletti in Minnesota!! Service was very good and the food was Excellent!
Atmosphere very good.