“Great Salad, Senior Menu” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Ely
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
West Chicago, Illinois
“Great Salad, Senior Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The salad comes literally covered with shredded mozzarella. My husband and I loved it. I ordered off the senior menu and was completely satisfied with my cannelloni. My husband ordered off the regular menu. His portion was of good size, and he said it was delicious. Our server was friendly and attentive. The prices are very reasonable. The decor consists of hand-painted murals which are kind of cute in a kitchy way. We liked this place.

• Visited September 2012

St. Paul, MN
“Gluten Free CRUST!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was soooo pleased to find out that Sir G's had a gluten free crust they could make their pizzas on. We had the Sir G special on a 10" gluten free crust. They prepare it in the same kitchen as the other pizzas but there is a sheet that each pizza sets on before going on the pan into the oven and the gluten free pizza is no exception so the chances of cross contamination are significantly lower. While I am not Celiac and I am VERY gluten intolerant and I'm happy to share that I did NOT get sick at all! yay!

The crust is wonderful. I forgot to ask what they used. It tastes just like a normal thin crust pizza crust to me and the toppings are meaty, hearty and wonderful.

The only bad thing I can say about this place is that they don't have a location in the Twin Cities where I live because this is my new favorite gluten free pizza!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The salad was the best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Italian dressing and delicious shredded mozzarella on top. I have had the pasta here twice, and although many like it, I thought it was a little too al dente and had a slightly off taste. Not like me to leave anything on my plate, but I could not finish the pasta side dish. The pizza looked good, but I didn't get to try it.

Visited September 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Worth a stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good food, great service. The menu has something for everyone. We had the veggie pizza and it was loaded with cheesy goodness. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Great pizza, lasagna and homemade noodles! My kids split the veal parm and almost licked the plate! Our best meal in Ely!