“I would stay again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paddle Inn Motel

Paddle Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ely
Paddle Inn Motel
You added Paddle Inn Motel to your Saves list
1314 E Sheridan, Ely, MN 55731   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Ely
Baxter, Minnesota
“I would stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Older motel, but very well kept. Owner's take pride in the property. Best nights rest I've had in a long time! Clean, clean, clean!! No spiders, no bugs and only one small fly that I probably let in myself!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Enjoyed every minute spent at the Paddle Inn. Very clean, friendly environment. Excellent customer service. The owners were wonderful! Making this an annual vacation location!

New Glarus, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Once a year, we travel to Ely for a fishing trip into the Boundary Waters and stay a night at the Paddle Inn before entry. This year, the fishing was a little slow on Basswood, so we spent five nights. With a few tips from owners Dan and Rose, we did very well fishing the local lakes! Sauna was nice after a long day on the water. Nice people, nice rooms and a great dog named Bart. Next year we plan on staying more than one night again.

Littleton, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stay at the Paddle Inn every time we go to Ely. Our last trip 5/13 was just as great as the 1st. Very clean rooms and wonderful hosts. I had work that needed to be done so we asked for a quiet room towards the back (it was very quiet). All of my work was done on the internet. We'll be back later this summer.

Thanks
Joe
Montana

northern Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Tiny room. Noisy through walls to next room. Zero updates since built in the 1960s or whenever. Small beds. Soft mattresses. Semi-clean. Same carpeting as mini-golf course. Power strip for AC bolted to wall. Ungracious innkeepers. Lied about WiFi ... didn't work. Should have taken photos to upload to really give this place "justice." AVOID!!!!

paddleinnely, Owner at Paddle Inn Motel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
I'm really not sure how to respond to this as we have had no complaints to us, so we don't know who this is or what room they were in. All of our rooms have been updated. As soon as I read this I took my laptop over to the farthest room from the office and was able to receive internet connections. Our rooms have A/C, microwaves, refridgerators, coffee makers, cable TV, new beds 2010/11, small table with chairs in most rooms. I will say they did not have these in the 60's.
Our rooms are not as big as a suite, but have ample room and our rates reflect that. Yes, our rooms have green carpet and are kept well cleaned, as far as being the same as the mini golf I would,nt know as we Do Not own the mini golf. All of our rooms are checked and cleaned daily to ensure the best stay in the area for our customers.
We strive to make everyone as confortable and happy as they can be. We have different size rooms fo fit everyones needs, rates will be higher for larger rooms.
I'm sorry this person had a bad experiance, but without knowing something was wrong we had no chance to make it better.
princeton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Beware of this place....They ran my credit cards 5 times also ran son's girl friends credit card ... Still fighting with the paddle in to give us our money.... We will have to settle this matter in court.... BEWARE DO NOT give them your Credit card INFO.. Very Rude people scam's the are.... I was to pay for ONE night 73.45 they have two charges for 147.00 and another for 220.89.. charged for 73.65... BIG BIG BIG SCAM"S they are BEWARE OF THE PADDLE INN

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Littleton, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

I stayed at the Paddle Inn while traveling thru Ely. The room was very clean and quiet. I even enjoyed a nice sauna before I turned in for the night. The owners of this establishment (Dan & Rose) were the friendly and most accommodating. I do highly recommend staying here if you ever travel thru Ely and the BWCA. The rates are very reasonable. Be sure to say hi to Bart (the dog) when you stay there he likes to be petted.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Paddle Inn Motel? Share your experiences!