“Small but serious in a good way” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Attractions in Ely
Type: Educational Sites, Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Specialty Museums, Landmarks
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Here you can learn all about the habits and habitats of wolves, as well as how to communicate with them.
New York
“Small but serious in a good way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

International Wolf Center is a great little museum/educational center devoted to studying and educating the public about wolves . . . their behavior, and historic role in human culture.

Despite my previous lack of interest in wolf culture, I found this place remarkably well-executed. The building is really nice, and the main room, with a sort of diorama-in-the-round showing stuffed wolves in different situations (playing, attacking) is alone worth the price of admission. Very cool.

In the theater, I watched an hour-long movie about wolves and moose on Isle Royale, and the people who have dedicated their lives to this research. Pretty fascinating, I learned a lot and will surely be boring my friends back home with this new store of moose and wolf trivia. Better than my usual "Moose and Squirrel" trivia . . .

They have an area in back where you can view live wolves. A bunch of people were crowded around the window, apparently a wolf cub was hanging out there. In fact, as I was entering the building, a guy excitedly said to me, "Did you see the wolf cub? He was right there by the window!!" Well, no, I'm just on my way in . . . but I suppose it's something to see. I chose not to fight the crowd and went on my way.

I spent a quick hour and a half here, but anyone with kids and/or any interest in wolves could easily fill a day.

Visited June 2013

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Wolf Center Mania!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Wolf Center was absolutely amazing! Bring your camera and plenty of memory cards! My wife and I and my brother spent quite a bit of tine there, the staff is amazing and will answer every question you throw at them, if you have time take some classes in wolf communication and pups 101, if you are really adventurous check out some of the later classes where they actually bring you out to wolf sites (I won't spoil the surprise!) You will have a blast!

Visited September 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
“Very informative center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

There is so much you can learn at the International Wolf Center. It is such a great place to get informed on wolves and their lives. The people that work here are very informative, patient with questions and have great customer service skills.

Visited July 2012
Ocala, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Aidan and Denali all grown up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I visited the International Wolf Center in 2008 when Aidan and Denali were just pups. I made the trip this year to see them all grown up! This is a wonderful place to spend a few hours. The people are extremely knowledgeable and willing to answer countless questions. The wolves are fascinating to watch, and they are clearly loved and well cared for. A great deal of important research is done here to protect the species. They deserve our support!

Visited May 2013
Lombard
“Wolves!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great place to learn about wolves. They do programs throughout the day, you can watch the wolves through big windows, and they have a play area for kids, including a 'wolf den' for them to crawl into.

Visited August 2012