“Great for families” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Edina
“Great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011 via mobile

This is our second visit here and we were pleased. It is not fancy but it is a slightly above average moderately priced hotel. The two bedroom gave our family of six plenty of room. Everything was clean and comfortable. It is attached to an nice indoor park for younger kids. There is a $6.00 fee per child but well worth it. Breakfast was decent and free. The pool is privately run and has limited hours. We will return.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
natebanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Somehow I ended up in a very large room. Pretty sure all the rooms are quite large at this extended stay hotel. However, this had to be the largest suite I've been in.
Pros:
- Convinient to airport and Mall of America
- Free Coffee at all hours!
- Large rooms
- Friendly front desk workers (Made sure I had everything I needed, said hi to me as I walked in and out of the lobby)
- Really cool indoor park is connected and accessed with a room key.
Cons:
- Indoor pool is part of the city, so it's not a private hotel pool. This limits the hours and enhances the crowds a bit. But it looked real nice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011 via mobile

The rooms are a nice size with a small livingroom/kitchenette area and it's very close to the Southdale mall. The hotel is connected to a public park that has a really great play area for kids. The free breakfast in the morning is one of the best I've ever had and the employees at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2011
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have stayed at this Residence Inn for 5 consecutive years. It is an unusual design 7 story high-rise, that is older, worn and a bit dated (especially the furniture). Only exception are the new flat screen TV's The rooms are small for this chain. However, the room is very clean and bed comfortable. The evening reception (which was good in the past) had gone downhill (hot dogs and beans ast night). There are some good restaurants within a block (Ciao Bella, Romano's Macaroni Grill, Fuddruckers). The staff is wonderful and they have complimentary shuttle service to the airport. There is also a Hertz local edition on the premises. Overall, this is a very good hotel but not one of the stars in the Residence Inn chain.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We chose this hotel because we wanted to be a bit off the highway, in a more residential area near to friends in Minneapolis. We had considered paying extra for a nearby fancier hotel and we're glad we didn't -- more than the price was right about Residence Inn. The breakfast was much better than average, the rooms were clean and fine with good TVs (and kitchenettes!). The best and worst thing about the hotel is the adjacent pool and recreation area. It's fantastic, but it's actually city-owned so the hours are more restrictive than normal hotel pool hours. We were there Labor Day weekend and were disappointed it was closed on Labor Day. If the pool and rec area is important, you might want to call to inquire about hours. Otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel, especially for families on a budget.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Albany, Oregon, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Residence Inns are always our first choice in hotels wherever we stay, mostly due to the size and comfort level of the rooms, kitchens and hot breakfasts. I was a little concerned with this location after reading some of the reviews, but I wasn't disappointed. The location is great -- close to the airport and Mall of America, and quiet due to being in a business park. The property was well maintained, rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff went out of their way to be helpful, including printing out directions to a local park. Brittany checked us in, and she was cheerful, friendly and efficient. It must be hard to smile and be pleasant to so many people during a shift, but she made us feel welcome. The only drawbacks were smaller rooms than I am used to at Residence Inns, a tiny/cramped bathroom, and very slow elevators. These didn't bother us much, but if location isn't an issue for you, the Residence Inn in Roseville is nicer and has their own pool on site (for a bit more money).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I booked this hotel through Priceline at 2AM the day of arrival because the hotel reservation I had made at another hotel through their website suddenly disappeared when I called to verify it the night before departure. So here i was scrambling to find an affordable hotel near the Mall of America late at night before I flew out the next morning. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived that they had so many amenities and the room was very nice. Dated decor but who cares? It's just stuff, and it was clean stuff. Lots of room, the bed was comfortable, staff was friendly. The breakfast was awesome. I didn't take part in any of the evening amenities. The shuttle taking you anywhere withing 5 miles of the hotel was a really nice plus. I had an evening flight so they stored my luggage, took me to the MOA, picked me up later with my luggage and dropped me at the airport. Very handy. The shuttle drivers were very informative about the area. Only thing I could complain about, and it seems to be the same in every hotel - not enough handy and available plug-ins. Everything else was great.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis Edina? Share your experiences!