“A great steakhouse, even if we never seem to have the steaks!” 4 of 5 stars

952-567-2700
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pittsburgh Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 86 Restaurants in Edina
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Only opend seveal weeks ago. sister operation in Maple Grove.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A great steakhouse, even if we never seem to have the steaks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We've been coming here since they opened in Edina. We generally prefer to sit in the bar or when the season's right out on the patio; the main dining room is OK as well, but you can't get the bar menu. And that means that you can't get the crab nachos. And you really, really should get the crab nachos. Sweet, spicy, and salty- perfect balance of textures and flavors with a little lime squeezed over the top. Well worth it in my book! The shrimp cocktail is spectacular as well- the cocktail sauce is just plain awesome. We typically finish it off with the King Crab which even when not in season tastes fresh and succulent. They crack it for you as well. Honestly, they have some of the best seafood in town, and they're a steakhouse.

The steaks for me have been hit or miss over the years. I recommend the prime rib for consistency and I did the porterhouse on a visit earlier this week that was excellent. I also have had the pork porterhouse a few times and loved it. The broccoli with hollandaise is a nice side, as are the hashbrowns Blue style- they can and will prepare them without onion if you ask, you may just have to nudge the server a little to get them to ask.

The red velvet cake is an absolute favorite. Great place for special occasions or for a mid-week break from it all.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great Happy Hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Pittsburgh Blue is a little noisy at Happy Hour, but it's to be expected. Be there AT 4:00PM or before because it gets pretty crouded. The lettuce wraps are amazing and so is the scallops. Great great spot.

Visited March 2014
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
“May Have Been An Off Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We made reservations for dinner at 8:30 on a Saturday night and were impressed when we arrived early and they seated us just ahead of our reservation time. We really liked the atmosphere. Unfortunately, it appeared that the kitchen was overwhelmed because our appetizer arrived burned and the server presented it anyway without any concern (we eventually had it removed from our bill)! My husband's steak was scorched as well, although the lobster I ordered was very good. Service got slower as the night progressed. It may have been an off night, but I expected a little better based on the pricing. Hope they can improve in the future.

Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife and I had a great anniversary meal. The service staff is experienced and knows how to handle special choices and recommendations. My wife ordered the lobster tail but it had too much seasoning a little too salty. My ribeye was delicious and talk to perfection. Don't forget to get the hashbrowns.

Minneapolis
“Great for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The lunch menu is a VERY good value. You can get a steak and fries for less than $15 a head and the beef is GOOD. My girl has chosen different things (surf and surf and some of the breakfast items) and is always happy with the food there.

• Visited December 2013