“Girlfriend's Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Girlfriend's Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I planned a night at the Westin in Edina to spend some quality time with my niece. We arrived at about 4pm after taking in a movie. The desk clerk did not recognize my SPG Lifetime Gold status and I had to ask if a complimentary upgrade was available. She checked and confirmed that we would be moved to the Club Floor but added that it would normally cost us an additional $40! We were pleased to find that the Club Lounge was now operational on weekends as it had not been in the past.

Our room was generously sized with the typical Westin decor and amenities.

We dined at the McCormick & Schmick which is connected to the hotel and enjoyed a quiet
night uninterrupted by interior or exterior noise.

The Club Lounge served a nice buffet breakfast with cereal, pastries and fresh fruit. The attendent was attentive and cordial.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
fififlies -

Thank you for your review and all of the compliments you shared with us. They are much appreciated.

Please accept my apologies that as a SPG Lifetime Gold member the benefits of the program were not clearly explained. The Guest Service Agent was correct however you should been recognized as a Gold member immediately upon check in and it should have been explained to you at that time the eligible rooms for upgrade were not available based on your bedding needs. The GSA did realize her error and upgraded you to Executive Club, which for Gold members is an additional $40.

I hope that you will visit the property again in the near future for another getaway weekend. If I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate contacting me directly.

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Los Osos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice hotel. A little more expensive but it was quiet and the beds were comfortable. Being connected to the Galleria Mall is nice because we could walk over for a meal and a couple of drinks without having to bundle up or worry about driving. We will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
bob_omdahl -

Thank you for the five star ranking in your review. I'm glad that you found the hotel quiet and the beds comnfortable allowing you a relaxing stay.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Between trying to fight my way to move room. Housekeeping carts block my walkway almost every time I left my room. I tried to ask housekeeping a question but they didn't speak English. If you do stay at this hotel try to buy a soft drink or water for under $4. That's right $4 for a can coke from the mini frig or you have to leave the hotel property to get one.

• Stayed January 2013
travelme79 -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel dring your recent stay. Please accept my apologies over your dissatisfaction with our housekeeping associates and the service they provided you.

If you would like discuss any additonal specific experiences of your stay, I urge you to contact me directly. I look forward to your call.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This can be described as a typical higher end Westin. Big and modern lobby, with seating and helpful staff.

Rooms - nice bed and desk area. The room is well lit with a large window, though the views are malls, shops and roads. But even so, nice. Robes and nice bathroom. The room is a little smaller than I would like, But comfortable and a room safe. Good lighting in the room, plus plenty of plug sockets. Wifi also, though only 1 device per payment. Wifi is the next great rip off for hotels... $12 a night, give me a break. Anyway.

Location - well I'm not too sure, it's near a mall, not far from the airport and close to main roads. There is a Starbucks next door, opens 5am. A cheesecake factory across the way and a decent restaurant next door. Though I recommend you get a cab and go 3 miles to Pizzeria Lola. The best pizza I've had and you will wait from 5pm onwards, they dont reserve so arrive early. Well worth it.

Back to the westin...No complaints, the gym is good and the bell man was great. I found everyone helpful and overall enjoyed my stay. Nice lobby and room size.  A four because value for money wasn't great considering the location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SaintmarkLondon -

Thank you for the very positive review. I'm glad that the property and it's amenities were to your satisfaction and overall you enjoyed your stay.

Guest room internet access - both wired and wireless - is $9.95 per 24 hour period. The property also offers complimentary internet access in our lobby, as well as free boarding pass printing in our business center.

I hope that if future travel plans bring you back to the area we'll have the pleasure of again accomodating you at the Westin Edina Galleria.

Mason City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This Westin is our "go to" place to stay when we need to fly in or out of The Cities or just want a close weekend get away. The spotless interior, spacious rooms and wonderful service are just a few of the appealing things here.
Connected to the fabulous Galleria shopping it is a win win in every ways. The convenience of being able to just walk over to some fabulous shopping without leaving the comfort of the inside is a bonus. The McCormick and Schmidts onsite is another bonus.
Beds and showers are the best available in this traveler's experience and I am always ready to jump at the chance to stay here when the hubby suggests it.
Have never had a bad experience at this location!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BAChiles -

It 's wonderful to hear that the Westin Edina Galleria is your "go to place to stay" when visiting the The Twin Cities. It sounds like we have everything you need to make your quick layovers or those weekends away just what you need.

I hope you'll be back again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a great stay. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was also quiet, but the hotel wasn't very busy during our stay. If it had been, we'd probably have heard a lot of doors slamming. They don't close quietly at all, and you will hear them from the room. The pool area is great and also very clean. We agreed that the pool was a little too chilly while the hot tub was a little too warm, but that's just being picky. My only true complaint is regarding internet access. They wanted $10 per device, per day. We had 6 devices, and there was no way we were willing to pay $60 per day, so we went without. For the rather high price we paid for the room, internet should be included. It was free in the lobby, but the connection wasn't superb. The hotel's location is excellent. I'm not sure if we'll stay again, primarily due to the cost of both the internet and the room and also because we would prefer a place that includes breakfast. But, the quality and location may draw us back. Who knows. Very nice hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MinnFinnTwin -

Thank you for the great review. I'm gratified to hear that you had a great stay and the room was clean and comfortable and the hotel's location is excellent.

I did note some items that you thought could be improved on, thank you for bringing them to our attention. For future stays, we do offer additional rates that include breakfast and internet access - please look for them on our website.

I do hope that the quality and location of the property are enough to entice you back soon.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

There are not a lot of nice hotel options outside of Minneapolis so usually downtown, and the higher prices and parking costs that come with it, is the only option. I was very happy to see this hotel open in Edina. Parking was free. The room was so clean and spotless I felt like the first person to stay there. Staff was abundantly polite, kind and helpful. Every time we passed someone we were welcomed to the hotel and wished a Happy Holidays. The bathroom had a great shower and a nice tub with big fluffy towels. The bed was nice but not a high end mattress and the pillows were pretty flat. My only complaint. Room service was fairly affordable and delicious. There are two malls right next to this hotel with other dining options and good shopping. I will definitely be staying here again during my frequent visits to Minneapolis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
eyehearttravel -

Thank for the wonderful review. It's nice to know that we are a great alternative to downtown hotel pricing, but still with the quality and convenience of location. And your comments regarding the condition of our four year old property and the friendliness of our associates are very much appreciated.

I was sorry to hear that the bed did not meet your satisfaction - normally we get very high for our Westin signature Heavenly Bed. If you'd like to contact me directly I can check the room to make sure there was not a missed problem with the bed.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Marc Faubert

Been to The Westin Edina Galleria? Share your experiences!