“Hyatt Pace is always a nice choice” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Eden Prairie
Burbank, California
“Hyatt Pace is always a nice choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Nice room, the usual two double repybeds, spacious room. Breakfast is nice, hot and cold items.
Market menu is good as well. I always aim to stay at a Hyatt Place whenever I can. Good value.

Only issue: when checking in we were asked if we had a floor preference, we did not so we were put on the second floor right above the laundry facilities. The machines were so loud and caused so much vibrations. I could feel the machines when sitting on the sofa and when in bed. One morning it was so bad it woke us up. Let the people up front know when checking out and all we got in return was a reply of "yeah we do a lot of washing here" Now when checking into all hyatt places i ask about the mahcines

Room Tip: Do not stay anywhere near the laundry rooms unless you want to feel the whole wash cycle!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I apologize for the noise and vibration from our commercial washer. It has been repaired and is scheduled for replacement by the end of the year. Thanks so much for the kind words about the guest room and the food service. Hyatt Place Hotels are approching 200 in number so there is a good chance you'll find one conveniently located during your upcoming travels. Rick Loyd, General Manger

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went to Minneapolis for a girls shopping weekend. There were others that were similar (or the Hyatt Place Bloomington) that was closer to the Mall of America that were more expensive and after much comparison to alternate hotels/locations, I booked 2 rooms with 2 double beds through Expedia. This property offered what we were looking for including a room with a seperate sleeping and living area, refrigerator and a hot breakfast.
The lobby was clean and laid out quite well, giving those waiting a place to sit down without being in the way. The check in staff was amazing! They were very friendly and helpful in giving us directions to where we wanted to go.
We entered our room and it looked exactly like the pictures on the web site. It was comfortable and spacious with modern touches. The 42inch flat screen LG television was awsome! It was nice to have the sink and dressing area outside the actual bathroom.

Breakfast was pretty good, normal buffet breakfast kind of food minus the waffles. I wasn't impressed with their bitter coffee but that is a matter of preference I guess.

There were a couple of things that I would like to note.
1. The mini fridge was quite loud
2. the grout in the shower that surrounded the beautiful tilework was molding
3. you could see some wear and tear on the doors
4. the end table by the sectional couch didn't appear to be dusted in the lower cubbie. It held an extra blanket on the top shelf and nothing on the large lower shelf.
5. I booked through Expedia so the room was already pre-paid however they swiped my credit card for incidentals and put a $20.00 charge on to the card without informing me that it was an actual charge. It will be removed in 3-5 business days however because of the billing cycle of my card, becomes a bit of an issue with credits/debits. I understand that sometimes this is done however they should tell you before it is done!

All in all, I would come back and recommend this property to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had an extended stay here for business recently. Staff was very warm, friendly, and accommodating. Since, I was here for awhile, having had a kitchen like at at Hyatt House would have been better. I have no complaints and price was fair. I would recommend this for families or business travelers to the area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here on a whim... and overall it was a good choice. I loved the big spacious room with the separate living area. Our room was on the 4th floor near the elevator. One word WD-40! The elevator squealed and squeaked like crazy all through the night. Luckily the hotel was not too busy and it was only a nuisance in the morning.
9:40am went downstairs to have breakfast and it was already over :( I should have paid better attention when I checked in but I never thought it would be over so soon. It was a Sunday morning, we wanted to sleep in a little but because we did, we missed breakfast. My recommendation to them is to serve breakfast later... at least until 10 am on a Sunday!
Over all the hotel is very nice. The staff was very friendly upon check in. We would stay again at one of your properties in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lake Wales, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

From the minute you walk in the door to the time you leave you are treated as if you were in a 5 Star Hotel. Front desk staff is amazing and knowledgeable, room was immaculate and comfortable, shower was wonderful and the breakfast was amazing. I wish I would have taken pictures to share with you. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Any room would be awesome!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

There may be places to stay in this area that cost less- and some more- but this particular Hyatt Place hotel is one of the best I have seen in a while!

Everything from the lobby area to the room, fitness center, and the dining area was nothing short of perfect, and staffed with very friendly, hard-working people who had their act together. The only real complaint I have is the very tight bathroom where the door makes contact with the commode when you close it.

We definitely look forward to staying here again after a wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great for business travel and stay. I love the room layout, perfect for travelers with discriminating taste that a cost conscious. Efficient use of space and very large HDTV. The climate control was the drawback. In my room you had to have the A/C unit on or off; the thermostat did not control accordingly. Appears the be the sit up for all rooms. Needless to say I had a cold during my stay. Again the climate control and unit mirrored that of a 1 or 2 star hotel. Poor HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) unit / system.

Room Tip: Again the climate control mirrored that of a 1 or 2 star hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!