“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel didn't completely wow me, but I was happy with our stay and would stay there again. Got a good deal on price. Hotel has been updated and looks nice. Loved the separate living area and nice-sized rooms, although I wished there was a full wall/door separating the rooms and I've seen better layouts. Good breakfast - better than your typical free one. Bad part is there isn't enough seating and the food area isn't designed the best. Pool area seems old and could use updating but kids don't care. Just limited seating and no hot tub and was COLD!

Staff was decent, rooms seemed clean, parking plentiful, and not far off interstate.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mankato, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed on December 9, 2012 and really enjoyed my stay. I have never stayed at a Hyatt place before but I would definitely return. They were undergoing some renovations at the time but none interrupted my stay. I asked the front desk person whether or not I was in a new recently renovated room, he said no, but I was super impressed with the room that I was in. I couldn't believe that they were making the rooms better. I made a trip to the bar/lounge area and Had a drink. It was overpriced, as most hotel bar prices are, but was delicious. I did not utilize the complimentary breakfast in the morning, but I've heard that it is also delicious. The morning of my check out the city had received about 5 inches of snow so there was water in the hallways and near the elevator areas, but I understand this as it is new snow and hard to keep on top of.
Overall, I would definitely return to this place as it definitely left a good impression on me.

• Stayed December 2012
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

What a joke. You walk into the room and the living room area is mostly empty - like there should be a table there, but somebody stole it. And who designs a hotel room so the desk is literally around the corner from the TV and it's impossible to see the TV from the desk?!
And the desk - the chair was some 80's leftover so low that even at the highest setting, it was well below the desktop, making it impossible to work at with a laptop.
Lastly, the TV was tragic. The 8 digital channels were fine, but that meant everything except the local channels and ESPN was analog and FULL of static.
I confirmed with the front desk that all the rooms are designed this way and that the TV reception on analog channels does suffer from static.
Really guys, this is a Hyatt?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly and courteous front desk. Late night sandwiches and alcoholic drinks available in simple lobby bar. Daily newspaper, Internet and breakfast included. Only drawbackis is that although rooms are spacious, comfortable and well appointed they need to be freshened up.

• Stayed November 2012
Rochester, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a weekend of shopping while staying here. It is a few minutes from the Eden Prairie mall and ten from the Galleria and fifteen from MOA. The free breakfast had nice warm breakfast sandwiches. I would have preferred a better selection of fresh fruit. The apples and oranges were mushy.

• Stayed November 2012
Little Falls, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just finished a weekend family trip last weekend. There were 2 adults and 3 children (15,13,12). We had two rooms but easily could have stayed in one room. The pull out sofa was a full size one and there seemed to be another twin size pull out as well. The rooms in the second floor were very large. Is it the Ritz, no but is it comfortable and affordable for families, yes. We did not use the pool but there was one present. The front staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was filling with sufficient choices for the kids. Although the area was packed for breakfast we still found seating for the 5 of us. Very affordable at $72/night + tax. Clean and quiet. The rooms may need a little updating but were very clean and tidy.

Room Tip: The rooms in the second floor are bigger. We had 211 and 212 which were in the middle of the floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ND
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times over the past year. It WAS very nice, in my opinion, but things have seemed to change. My experience: They "forgot" to clean my room on night 2, the floors were so filthy I had to change my socks twice a day because they were black. They did not vacuum at all while I was there in my room. They played lobby music at 1 AM so each night I had to call to get them to shut it off. The gentleman at the front said, "We aren't supposed to shut it off unless a customer complains, and you are, so I will, happily." One of my long bath towels, when held to the light, had a fist sized brown spot on it. I personally will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden Prairie
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Springhill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie
Residence Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie

Been to Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!