Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Eden Prairie
North Dakota
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Room was average. Did not need the kitchen - booked room due to the rate we received booking online. The room was clean, however bed was uncomfortable. We just needed a place to shower and sleep so it did suffice, however if I were to travel again I would probably find a hotel with a complimentary breakfast and a little easier to find. Charge to use Wi-fi (argh).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
eau claire, wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

earlier reviews had indicated the hotel was dirty, old and smelled of smoke, which concerned us. Carpeting in the common areas really needed a cleaning and the smoke smell was obvious just off the elevators, but our rooms were clean which was most important and the smoke smell dissipated quickly as you got away from common areas. Staff was particularly helpful in finding restaurants in the area, which was helpful

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Eden Prairie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The housekeeping is horrible. My room was not vacuumed well when I got there. My dog found things under the bed. Durning my stay so far, they have missed taking out my garbage twice and they have missed vacuuming my room three times now. The room smells as if the carpeting was never cleaned. The tv's are old tube tv's. The cable is very limited with channels. The one nice thing was a couple left a grill and table and chairs here before they left so others could enjoy it.. Well that did not last long, the manager went and threw them out. Cumstomer service is not this hotels purpose,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

My mom, daughter and I were to stay here for 7 nights while in town visiting family. Our first impression of this hotel was walking through the smoking section which is right outside the front door. We were not impressed with that, especially with a baby. We wanted a room with a kitchen which is exactly what we got. The kitchen itself was not updated and the countertops were stained but it worked. Like another review said, there was exactly two of everything even thought the room had two queen beds and could accommodate four people. The floors were stained with bad carpet. There was dust/dirt behind the bed and on the floor behind the end table. The mattresses and box springs were sto dirty that they were grey instead of white. The beds themselves were so hard that our backs hurt every morning, not to mention that they were so loud that my daughter practically woke up everytime we moved on the beds. The people above us jumped on the beds or floor and ran around so much that we complained to the management three separate times and they guaranteed that they would handle it. We ended up leaving after 5 nights.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Libertyville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was a room for 2 people, my wife and I. Exactly 2 spoons, 2 forks, 2 knives, 2 cups, 2 plates, but with only 1 comfortable chair. Coffee provided in the room, but no decaf. Asked desk clerk for decaf, told me I was the first in his 2-years there that someone had asked for decaf. They didn't have any. Probably just as well, we would have had to scrub the coffee pot clean. And they didn't provide dish soap, which make us wonder how the dishes were cleaned before we got there. Hair on bathroom floor, bathroom vent didn't work well and was very dirty. Lamps in bedroom very dirty. A no-service hotel. Maybe the price justifies the quality, but not for us.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

At 3pm on a Wed, my family found out my father had to have open heart surgery in Edina so we needed a place to stay for 6 nights near the hospital. On Kayak we found this Extended StayAmerica for $70-$80 per night, varying based on the night (weekends cheaper). The rate would have dropped another $10/day had we stayed 7+ nights. It was my sister and I so we opted for one of their 2 double bed rooms.

First the good: 1) Price – cheapest in the area. 2) Location – safe & very, very quiet because it’s set back from the road. As noted below, nothing within walking distance but lots within a short drive and most important for us, near the hospital. 3) Full fridge & kitchenette – it was nice to go grocery shopping once and not have to eat out for every meal. 4) Bathroom – good size with excellent water pressure. Two people could easily use it at the same time though only one sink. 5) Windows – unlike most hotels, these windows are large and can fully open. On the mild days, we left them open all day; you’ll see why below. 6) Heating/Cooling unit – The A/C worked great. We left it off all day and it cooled the room quickly when on. 7) Floors – Our room appeared to have new carpeting and the kitchen/bath vinyl floors appeared new too; no scratches, stains, holes, etc. 8) General Condition – Everything worked, nothing broken, stained, scratched, etc, and there was generally enough space for everything we had.

Now the bad: 1) Cleanliness – I’m not a neat freak or germaphobe but the toilet’s cleanliness was unacceptable. The day we arrived there were black streaks in the bowl and it got worse throughout the week. We understood there would be no housekeeping (unless we paid extra) but my toilet stays clean for 2+ weeks without a touch up. Plus the box springs on both beds had brown stains running down the sides; we hope it was coffee/cola. My sister had to go buy cleaning wipes to clean things to her standard, which is a bit above mine but not unreasonable. But luckily no bugs. 2) Cannot guarantee non-smoking – If you are very sensitive to cigarette smoke, do not book a room here because there is no guarantee of a non-smoking room. We asked for one but did not get it and our room reeked of smoke. Thank goodness the windows opened wide but everyday when we arrived back, we were blasted with the smell of cigarette smoke, even with the windows open all day. And using the Febreze we bought did not help. 3) Beds & bedding – Not very comfortable. I did not feel like I slept well but they did not bother my back. My sister on the other hand awoke every morning with back pain. The linens were budget quality but not ripped or stained. The pillows were not all that comfortable either. 4) Bath fan – very noisy. When it was running, you could not hear anything outside the bathroom. 5) Heating/Cooling unit noise – when the A/C would kick on and off, it did so with quite a loud “thud”. I’m a heavy sleeper so it did not bother me but without the kitchen fan running as white noise, it would wake up my sister. 6) Kitchen dinnerware – only two place settings for most items but only one knife(?). It worked for us but I would have thought with 2 double beds, at least dishes for 4. Plus we had to buy our own dish soap.

All in all I cannot recommend it unless you get a better price than we did. Next time we will likely try to stay elsewhere in the area and pay a bit more. But if you are on a tight budget, this will do.

• Stayed July 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

From check in to check out was great!! Staff was friendly and greeted us every time we came or went and always asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay better!! The room was clean and comfortable, we stayed for 9 nights and had absolutely no complaints, would definetly stay there again!! Would recommend to friends and family!! Great hotel!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road

Address: 7550 Office Ridge Circle, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Location: United States > Minnesota > Eden Prairie
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Eden Prairie
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Extended Stay, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Eden Prairie
Eden Prairie Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Valley View Road, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.