“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Shopping Offer
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very well-maintained. The room was spacious and well-appointed. When we got to the room, it lacked a refrigerator and microwave, but one call to the front desk remedied that almost immediately.
We did have a problem with breakfast, however. We booked the room through Priceline and it should have included breakfast, but when we checked at the desk, we were told that breakfast wasn't included.
We don't know if it was the hotel's or priceline's error, however.

• Stayed October 2012
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you very much for the positive response and feedback. I was happy to read that we delivered the amenities you requested very quickly. I apologize for the confusion with the breakfast. Marriott.com has all of our breakfast packages available and there is a good description on our website regarding these packages. We hope you return again in the future and if you'd like a breakfast package go to Marriott.com for reservations. Thanks again!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Thomasville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I recently stayed for 2 nights to visit family in the area. I booked this property through Marriott dot com.

This Courtyard is one of the older style Courtyard hotels but has recently been updated. It's generally clean and well-kept in the common areas. It's also close to the shopping, restaurants, grocery etc., which makes this location a good choice for out-of-town travelers. Unfortunately for me, that's where the positives end.

The biggest problem I had with this property is that I did not get a good night's rest. There were a few reasons for this.

ONE - as an allergy sufferer, I really need well-cleaned rooms, and there was considerable dust in the room. In spite of the recent renovation, the lampshades were dust-ridden, the desktops & tables were clearly not fully dusted with weeks of dust build up in several areas.

TWO - The bed and bedding are uncomfortable. The mattress was not high-quality, the pillows were lumpy, and the fitted sheet was coarse & pilling. The bottom-line is that the bed & bedding is not up-to-par with my expectations for a Marriott - it was more on the order of a Red Roof or a Motel 6.

THREE - The heating and cooling system is HORRIBLE. There is no temperature setting, only a dial to to mark a number up to 10, and a choice of hi/lo heat/cool. While this may be fine in more temperate climates, it's not in more severe climates. We were adjusting the temperature throughout the day and night to compensate for the wild swings from near freezing at night to low 70s in the day. If we could have set the room temp to 72 degrees, everything would have been fine. Unfortunately, it's not possible with these old style units that were never updated during the renovation.

Given the number - large number - of other properties in the area, I think it is worth seeking out alternatives for a better night sleep. It will probably run about $10 more per night but would be SO worth it! For the reasons above, I can't recommend the property. A rating of "average" is generous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you very much for the great feedback. I certainly apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced with the dust in your room. This is definitely not up to our standards and I have addressed this issue with my entire housekeeping team. I also appreciate the feedback on the beds being uncomfortable. We are hoping to get all new mattresses next year and I will use your feedback as leverage to help make that happen. In regards to the heating system, I did take a look at your room location and unfortunately you stayed in one of a handfull of rooms that have not yet gotten our new heating / AC unit. Almost 80% of the hotel has brand new heating and AC units with digital wall thermostats that have been installed in the past year and a half. Next spring we will complete the entire hotel. Thanks again for the great feedback and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have stayed here twice and couldn't be happier! They had everything we were looking for and more! Great staff, location, cleanliness, updated decor, beautiful landscaping, nice pool, delicious food...

• Stayed May 2012
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review!! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard Eden Prairie and we hope you can return soon. Have a great day!!!
Des Moines, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel is relatively clean and the remodel is nice. The lobby and courtyard were especially pleasing to the eye.

We reserved a king room for two nights on Priceline. After we checked in, we went to the room to find that it was a two-bed handicapped room. This isn't what we reserved. I went back to the desk and told them that the room was wrong. Then clerk told me that the hotel was oversold and that they didn't have any king rooms left. He didn't offer an apology and made it seem as though we'd just have to deal with it. It was disappointing that we weren't notified upfront that we wouldn't be getting the room that we reserved.

The room itself was pretty nice. First floor with a screen door that walked out to the parking lot (upper level rooms have balconies). The handicapped bathroom wasn't the greatest, some of the tiling and grout needed repair. The room was clean and attractive. Almost every time we left the room, there were kids running around the hallways, which was a little annoying.

The pool area hasn't been updated like the rest of the property but was still nice. It's open from 6a-12a, longer hours that I'd expect.

The area near the hotel was safe and pretty nice, but a little bland. The hotel was close to family so it made sense for us. However, if I was traveling to the Twin Cities again, I'd choose to stay somewhere with a little more vibrancy.

Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again. It wasn't that bad, but it also didn't exceed my expectations.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second or third floor, and maybe one facing the courtyard instead of the pa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you very much for the great feedback. I was disappointed to read that another customer was unable to receive their requested room type after booking through Priceline.com. As you can see from previous guest feedback, our computer system does have challenges in receiving all of the guest information and room preferences from Priceline.com reservations. I truly wish there was a solution to this system failure. I apologize that my staff was not more empathetic and will certainly address your concerns with my team. Thank you again for the valuable feedback.
Forest City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a find! This hotel is wonderful! From the speedy and delightful check in (all of my requests including early check in were granted and the front desk clerk was welcoming and informative) to the cleanliness of all public spaces and our room, this hotel delivered. The room was comfy, clean, and attractive. The lobby was as well and the pool was relaxing. It is in a great location...not too far from the Twin Cities and other attractions, but far enough away in Eden Prairie with tons of great food and shopping nearby.

The only issue was that our room was advertised with a microwave and we found that it did not have one. Oh well, cold leftovers are just fine.

The best part about it all was the price! This is our new home away from home in the Twin Cities!

Room Tip: Away from elevator!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the kind feedback!!! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be back soon. We will share your feedback with our staff and let everyone know about your positive experience.
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

By far my favorite hotel in Eden Prairie and I have literally stayed at them all at that exit. This Courtyard was remodeled over a year ago and I couldn't be more pleased. The Bistro that offers food throughout the day is quality food at a reasonable price. In addition they have a Starbucks included within the Bistro. Be warned that at high volume days, breakfast can take some time as it is a bistro and not a full service restaurant.

The beds are very comfortable and I truly love the fact that I fall right asleep after a long day of work. The rooms are spacious enough to enjoy your tv on a couch or chair as well as work within the space of the desk. The hotel is very close to the highway but you never hear it within your room!

The courtyard is very nice and I highly recommend going out there to sit to relax or just take in some fresh air without having to go find a park or something. If you do exercise, their facility should provide you what you need, not a huge space but it gets the job done. if you like running outside you are literally right down the street from a good size lake that has a running trail completely around it.

Overall this is my favorite hotel to stay at when visiting Eden Prairie, MN and I will continue to make this my 1st choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the great feedback about our hotel!! Your description of the hotel and the great amenities we provide our business travelers is very accurate. We hope to see you again soon at the Courtyard Eden Prairie!!! Thanks again!!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We were promised hotel breakfast and two queen beds. We instead had no breakfast and our kids had to sleep on a pullout couch and the floor.

The hotel staff could have done something to help us with the stay but they were not helpful. We only chose this hotel for two amenities breakfast and pool...we would not stay here again since the poor service and poor location to the mall of America

• Stayed July 2012
Marriott c, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your recent stay that was booked through Priceline.com. I certainly apologize that the stay did not meet your expectations and that we were unable to accommodate your specific requests. I hope that in the future the hotel and Priceline will be able to communicate more clearly to meet the needs of our customers. I know I have a bias toward booking through Marriott.com, however this does give the hotel the best information possible about our guest's specific needs and requests. Thank you again for the great feedback.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!