“too crowded” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 121 Restaurants in Eden Prairie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 212 & Prairie Center Drive
Description: From the décor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that brings something special to the experience of dining out. We offer a mouthwatering selection of steaks, chops and seafood, along with a variety of fresh salads and sandwiches in a modern-day 1940s dinner club. Situated in the bustling Eden Prairie Center, Wildfire Eden Prairie in 2001.
“too crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

The food portions were very ample and good (I had the chicken breast), but the there were simply too many tables in the restaurant, making for a crowded feeling with too much noise. And this was on a weekday night.

I can not recommend this restaurant if one wants a nice, quiet romantic dinner because of the tables being too "jammed" together. Otherwise, the food and service were very good.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Two4Dinner
“Wonderful Classic Steak House Feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

This is a great place for dinner. I bring-out-of town friends and business colleagues. This is a true fire grill restaurant with a beautiful stone grill lined kitchen right in the dinning room. If the wonderful ambiance wasn't enough to keep you coming back, the food is exceptional. I have dined at every great twin cities restaurant and Wildfire is one of my lasting favorites.

The steaks are some of the best I have had. The fish, especially the salmon is superb, smoked on the grill. Wow! Then there are the the other dishes and the sides. Butternut squash ravioli is light and succulent. The layered Au Gratin potatoes are the best, I could eat them all day. True comfort food. There is also the BBQ rubbed Sweet Potato and fresh steamed asparagus.

Like most great restaurants, the desserts are fabulous. With your typical chocolate fare and key lime regulars, the baked apple raspberry pie dessert is fantastic. Served with vanilla ice cream this thing will feed four. What a great end to a great meal. Don't be fooled by the Mall location of this restaurant. It is one of the great restaurants in the twin cities. Every great review has a negative side. The downside to this review is, now I will be waiting in line for a table, right behind you. Bon Appetite'

Minneapolis
“Will not be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

I have been to this place a few times, and each time it gets a bit worse. This time we went there it was to celebrate a birthday. The last time we celebrated a B-Day there we were given a free cake. This time we were not even given a congrads. This place does anything to get you in and out. We ordered drinks and prime rib. They almost ran back with the drink. I think I took 3 sips and then my meal arrived. The meat was tough, and not once did they refill our waters. My wife was still eating when the waiter came and asked if we wanted a box. When she said yes they just took her plate without asking if she was done. About 2 seconds later they were back with the check. This place is in a rush to get you out. NOT romantic or a good value BAD service

Hudson, Wisconsin
“Food is fine, but Season's in Chaska MUCH better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

Food is fine for American fare. The chopped salad is tasty, as is the onion soup. The atmosphere is fine, but NOT romantic. There are other places one could go to for equal food.

Minnesota
“Very Disappointing Meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

Was part of a group that went to Wildfire on 22 Feb 07. Enjoyed the two times I was there before, but this was one of the worst $25-$30-entree meals I have ever had.

The seafood bisque was good, as I found before. I like Oscar style preparation, so I ordered the beef Filet Medallions Oscar, medium rare. They came to me overcooked, with not fresh tasting shreds of crab and a skinny token head of asparagus on each of the 3 medallions. Worst part is that they were literally swimming in a very liquid sauce/juice that sloshed around the plate. I was concerned it would be spilled on me when they took the half-eaten platter away. Added to the meal was my selection of broccoli, which was mushy.

The gentleman next to me had the glazed salmon, which was tasty and very nicely prepared.

I will be cautious about choosing to go here again, especially if I'm in the mood for red meat.