“Quintessential pizza for $6” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 120 Restaurants in Eden Prairie
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Quintessential pizza for $6”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

On a whim, I elected to visit this hole-in-the-wall-esque pizza place on my lunch break with my wife. We both got their $6 lunch special thin crust pizza. For $2 more, I upgraded mine to a meat lovers. My wife got hawaiian. Hands down our new favorite place. We are moving to EP soon and will be back often. Pizza and drinks were $22 after tip. Two thumbs way up. Oh, and as an added bonus, the cherry coke turned out to be coke+grenadine. Nice touch.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bloomington, Minnesota
“Average Pizza Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Checked out Detello's based on reviews. Prices were reasonable and we got enough to eat but we all (4 adults) thought the pizza and service were quite average.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Simply fabulous thin-crust pizza! A must visit in EP.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

This is an institution in EP. Been going there for going on 30 years. I don't live in Minnesota any more, but it is a must visit on EVERY trip back to MN.

I am a fan of their thin-crust pizza and their garlic bread (with cheese is even better).

They serve wine and beer that can help compliment your meal.

Detello's has great lunch specials that make it a very inexpensive place to grab a bite for lunch.

It is a very family friendly restaurant. I grew up eating there, and take my son there now.
The owners, Pete and Jodi, can often be found there ensuring things are up to standards. They are always a friendly face and do what it takes to make things right.

• Visited July 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great local find for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Great local place to bring the whole family. This is the first restaurant our daughter ever went too (when she was a few weeks old and sleeping in her carrier). The wait can get long for pizza, make sure to get an order of cheesebread or a salad to tide you over while you sit there. Good deals on pitchers of beer. I've had the ravioli as well as the pizza and enjoyed both.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite pizza, and that is saying something!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

I eat pizza all the time, and Detellos is the best. High quality ingredients, and put together so well. Mouthwatering to say the least. I prefer the deep dish, but the thin is great too. Don't miss the chance to eat here if you can.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere