“The mackerel doesn't disappoint.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
North Branch, Minnesota
“The mackerel doesn't disappoint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I've only been in the sushi game for about a year now. Of my sushi experiences, which now number over ten, this is number two. The sushi chef that was working on a Monday night was an excellent artist and cook. We shared a combo platter and used a Restaurant.com cert. The Spanish mackerel is something to write home about. Lemme tell you, delish in so many ways. We also tried monkfish liver, which was a decadent treat and delicious beyond comparison. Tuna belly was excellent. Unagi reliable. Scallops smooth and delish. The chef makes a jalapeno ponzu which is wonderful. He also topped several nigiri with a red radish topping...love it!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Oh So Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I had just returned from a business trip in Seoul where I experienced my first Korean food. I was hooked, but leery of a Korean restaurant in and Eden Prairie warehouse building. The chef is actually FROM Korea and the food is amazing. I've already been twice and am going again today for lunch.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edina, Minnesota
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

You always know what to expect when you go Kabuki: decent sushi at a decent price. I have been going to Kabuki for about 10 years and when I want good sushi without paying crazy high prices Kabuki is always the place I turn to.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Very good food - wide selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Over the years, when I am in town for business, I always make it a point to stop by the Kabuki.

The sushi bar room allows you to both sit and watch them prepare the various sushi, negiri, and sashimi dishes or just sit at a nearby table.

They have teppanyaki if you like that food style.

In another room, you can sit down on the floor at tables with wells underneath them.

They have recently added Korean food options as well.

I have never been dissapointed with the food and or service there. It has always been reliable for me. I find their prices to be reasonable compared to other Japanese style restaurants in the area.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, MN
“If you are willing to drive a little further, go somewhere else.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

My husband and I ate here because we had a gift certificate. We sat at the sushi bar and did not receive adequate service. The staff seemed to not care about being there. The sushi was not great. There were many regulars in the restaurant, likely who live nearby, so people do like the restaurant, but we will not be back.

Other sushi suggestions: Kona Grill (Eden Prairie), 98 Pounds (Bloomington), Fjui-Ya (Uptown, Minneapolis), Seven Sushi (Minneapolis)

• 3 of 5 stars Food