“Good addition for Eden Prairie.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Good addition for Eden Prairie.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've eaten here twice, once on my own at the bar, once with friends. Both experiences were great, huge improvement over the previous disappointing restaurant in this location.

Staff was friendly and attentive, to us it seemed as if at least some effort had been made in training them. Beer list is decent, but they are also touting their Bourbon list. Flight of Bulleit? was pretty good but I'm not really a bourbon fan, others will have their own opinions. :) Burgers were very good, appetizers as well, all our meals were good. Nothing was lacking on either occasion. Glad to see them here, will be back quite often.

When they started I think they were open till 1am every night, but their current website doesn't reflect that. May have been too slow during the week for that to continue, but they are at least open till midnight Friday/Saturdays.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I were super excited when Tavern 4 & 5 opened. Finally, a unique tavern-style restaurant in EP, that also offers breakfast!!

When we arrived, the restaurant was hopping. The décor looked fantastic. Loved the tiled floors and big wrap around bar.

The hostess informed us there was about a 20 minute wait, which we expected. While waiting for our table we observed the hostess refusing to seat a party of 7 because one of their party had not arrived yet. The hostess explained they have a strict policy that they do not seat a table until the entire party has arrived. So for the next 10 minutes six people waited, clogging up the tiny entrance, waiting for their seventh person. Meanwhile, their table sits empty waiting for them. This seemed really absurd to me. Certainly could understand if the majority of their party was not there but 1/7!?!?!?

We were seated within the expected wait time in a nice comfy booth. Our waitress was friendly and provided prompt service.

While waiting for our food we got to observe our surroundings. The booth next to us appeared to be the owner (or some other important person) with his friends. They were getting absolutely trashed. This didn't leave us with a great impression.

The food was decent. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either.

Visited May 2013
Minneapolis
“So thankful...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Yea, Tavern 4 & 5 is killing it. So far, so good. This spot has had it's share of problems, but the Tavern 4&5 management seems to have a winner. Great service, and great food. The Chicken meatballs are fantastic, I can't get my husband to eat anything other than the fish and chips (the fish is walleye!), and they have a very cool breakfast menu. Try their version of the 'Eggs Benedict", yum! You should also think about their homemade apple whiskey or the Jesse James flights. :) Now they have gotten even better, they have found a way to have outdoor seating in that tiny spot. Perfect.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A potential gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Finally a fun place to dine at in Eden prairie - we need new places to meet friends and eat great meals with.

One thing that needs addressing- is service. Twice I've eaten here(food is delicious btw), and both times WAY BEFORE I even got 1/2 way through my meal I'm asked if 1- I care for desert 2-anything else I can get you (my mouth is full of yummy goodness at this point I still am good to go), when I say no, not yet I don't know IF I'm ready for desert I haven't finished or begun to finish my meal yet ! these kids slap down the bill and say ok thank you!!

I enjoy perhaps not one but maybe two cocktails, I MIGHT enjoy coffee and desert , the place isn't packed there isn't a waiting line out the door why do they want to end my dining pleasure? Why I ask you why? Lol ! They need more experience , training , once they get it down this place will be perfect! At last !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very disappointed to say the least.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I waited with anticipation for this place to open up. Well that's time we will never get back. Way over priced and the food is fair at best. It's not even a good place to stop in for a beer or two. 5 bucks for a small domestic beer!!! That's just crazy. Avoid this one unless you like to over pay for average at best.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere