“Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel just got renovated so it's very nice. As usual, garden inn doesn't offer complimentary breakfast. Wifi can only be use on one device only. Once one device is connected, another cannot connect even though the first one turned off their wifi. Just FYI....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Ablueangel,

We were happy to hear that you found our new renovation very nice! We appreciate that and also would like to thank you for your business.

I wanted to also let you know that we have a rate called our bed and breakfast rate that for about $10 more dollars more than our standard rate will get you up to four breakfast coupons to enjoy our delicious buffet style breakfast. As for the internet, it is complimentary for one device, however you can upgrade for about $5.00 dollars more to include more than one device.

Take care and we hope you will consider us the next time you are in town!

Colin Klipfel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

While we had a really enjoyable visit, they are about to unveil their completely renovated first floor. It looks beautiful. The new restaurant and lobby were just days away from opening, so we took a quick peek. Looks great. This location is wonderful for visiting our family in Hopkins.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul H,

We are so happy that you got a chance to take a peak at our brand new lobby and restaurant area. We are also happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is now completely renovated including our guest rooms, lobby, restaurant, hallways and meeting rooms.

Take care and we hope you will come back soon to experience the lobby which has many more areas to kick back, relax and enjoy the Garden!

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I typically steer clear of hotels that note on their website that they are in the midst of remodeling or renovating. So I was taken by surprise that the Hilton Garden Inn was torn up because they did not share any info on their website. The entire hotel had the smell of new polyester carpeting. Yuk. I had no desire to eat at their $8.99 breakfast buffet because I did not wish to taste the new flooring, tiling, and wall smells. Tried the hot tub one evening in the pool area. While the water temperature was nice, there were so many chemicals that my eyes burned. Had to leave within minutes. I did like the Keurig coffee maker in the room. Most times I entered or left the hotel, the front desk was unstaffed. Had I not paid with points, I would have checked out. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Check that all the renovation is complete and it's had a chance to air out before you book here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Dreamweaver Diane,

I wanted to apologize for the issues you experienced due to the renovations that were going on during your recent stay with us. We take great pride in providing the best product and service in the Eden Prairie area and I am so sorry that we fell short in this instance. I can tell you we always look for ways to improve and we will use your feedback to do so.

Now that our renovation is complete, we are looking forward to showing our customers the new look of our rooms, lobby and restaurant and what Hilton Garden Inn is all about.

Take care and we wish you well with your travels.

Hermantown, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Rooms were spacious and clean but could not figure out how to turn off fan in room. Tried to call front desk twice for help. Let it ring 20 times no answer both times. Breakfast was not ready the first day we were there and had to leave without breakfast when it was needed most. Before a competition. Breakfast the 2nd day was pretty expensvie given the fact that eggs were already gone by 10 am. Sadly I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Heidi N,

Thank you for your feedback and all areas of opportunity have been addressed mentioned in your review to ensure 100% satisfaction so others in the future will see the improvements. We sincerely apologize for the missed opportunities and our team takes these reviews seriously and focuses on each opportunity to make it right! The team and I hope that you will visit us again soon to experience true Minneapolis Hospitality and the changes made to ensure you have an extraordinary experience!

Bismarck, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel was under renovation while I was there but they made me aware of this before I booked my room. I appreciated the heads-up so it wasn't a surprise when I checked in upon arrival. I am one who does not tolerate uncleanliness (even in my own home) and I was very impressed with the cleanliness of both the room and bathroom. The staff was also very helpful and friendly when my room keys wouldn't work and when the workers will still pounding around midnight. I called the desk and within 5 minutes the pounding stopped. The only small "complaint" I would have is that I felt that any hallway activity was very loud in the room. Granted it doesn't help when kids are running through the halls and slamming doors and mothers are yelling, but even normal walking and talking down the hall was quite loud in the room we were in. I will definitely look to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tyler K,

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful response you shared on Trip Advisor! We certainly appreciate your business and were happy to hear that you were impressed with the cleanliness of our hotel.

We are just finishing up our multi-million dollar renovation and are very excited for everyone to see the fantastic upgrades we have made to our hotel.

Take care and we wish you well with your travels!

DeForest, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn - Eden Prairie is very good. We have been staying here on our business trips to the area for at least 5 years, maybe longer. Service and staff are exceptional. The rooms are designed for business travelers in mind. Lots of outlets, a desk, coffee pot, refrigerator etc. The TV is now Directv with a guide! This is way better that channel surfing!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Anthony S,

Thank you so much for the feedback you gave regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and also were pleased to hear how you continue to enjoy the service and amenities that we have to offer.

Take care and we look forward to the next time you stay with us!

Eden Prairie, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

There is a strange smell coming from the clothing drawers. Maybe it's the furniture polish or maybe just from being new. Put your clothes somewhere else. Also - they are doing construction until mid April 2014, very noisy and some of the workers are apparently staying at the hotel. That should give you an indication of the noise level during the evenings/nights.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Bryan W.,

I wanted to thank you for the feedback that you provided on Tripadvisor.

I also wanted to apologize for the smell you encountered from our the brand new furniture in the guest room. We do use a multisurface cleaner on these and I would imagine this may have been caused by the combination of the furniture being new and also the cleaner we use. We will be keeping an eye on this over the next few weeks to make sure it is not a major issue.

I also wanted to apologize for the excessive noise from the renovation crew that you experienced. Our renovation is complete and we currently have all of second and third floors finished and are looking at a completion date of mid April.

Thanks again and we hope you will consider us for any future stays you might have.

Colin Klipfel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!