“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Eden Prairie
Golden Valley, Minnesota
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first time staying here. It was a nice change to be a little further from the mall. The hotel was nice and had quiet surroundings (except the girls hockey team that was staying there). Very nice lobby and the restaurant had great food. Our room was spacious and clean. I would stay here again for sure. I only had two things that kind of bothered me. #1: our bed was a little hard. We found out as we were checking OUT that the beds have a firmness control. That is great, except we found out too late. Maybe have the little "bed advertisement" in the room instead of in the lobby. I wasn't the person to check-in, so I didn't see it in time. #2: This isn't THAT big of a deal, but I expected the lady (Diane) at the front to ask me how my stay was as I was checking out. Not even a thank you. I was handed my bill, and that was it. It's the little things that count!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Kayley G,

Thank you so much for the kind words you had to say about our hotel. We certainly do appreciate your business and are happy to hear that you will stay with us again the next time you visit Eden Prairie.

I would like to apologize for our team not explaining how our Garden Sleep System beds work. We do have a model of our bed dial and how it works at our desk and obviously we fell short in explaining how this works.

I am also sorry for the poor service you received upon checking out at the desk. We take our service very serious and I will use your feedback as a reminder that we are here for one reason. To provide outstanding service! I am so sorry this did not happen.

That being said, we take all surveys and we share them with our staff so that we can grow as a team. If you stay here again, I would expect a better experience. If you do not get a better experience, I definately want to hear about it.

Thank you and we hope to see you back soon!

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very nice and you get a hotel room with a good value. I enjoy the more neighborhood-like surroundings than the hustle and bustle found in the inner part of the City. We have stayed here before and will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marsha R,

Thank you so much for the feedback you privided on your trip advisor review of our hotel!

We are so happy that you enjoyed the location and what our hotel had to offer!

We also thank you for your loyalty and that you continue to use us when you come into town.

Take care and we hope to see you again soon!

Welby, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Overall a great hotel. Our timing wasn't perfect... the noise factor was a minus that weekend. The beds were great, however the weekend we were there, there was a youth hockey tournament and there was noise associated with that. I thought the breakfast and other meals were great. The pool and the spa were very good. The Wi-Fi worked pretty easily.

Room Tip: You may want to look into the adjustable beds. I saw that advertised at the front desk, but our roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Andrew B,

Thank you so much for your business and also for the feedback you provided regarding your stay!

I wanted to apologize for the noise you experienced and wish we would have been able to control it better.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the beds, pool and restaurant and we hope you will stay with us again very soon!

minneapolis,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

For a night we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Eden Prairie due to some renovations. It was the only hotel, which had an availability closer to where we live. We were charged $145 for a night in a suite. this was our first time to check-in with them and for the price, we were expecting something better. But we were surprised - the carpet, the door to the bathroom, the vanity, the bed linens and sheets, pillows even the mattress had seen better days! These were the kind of stuff you would expect in a 1-2 star/s hotel/motel. Comfort Inn has better amenities than them. Even the Hampton Inn and they charge the same price. They better upgrade the fixtures and linens in their room if they expect to be paid at that price point.

The free breakfast was just tasteless and bland, compared to their competitors. They need to better that too.

Although, I cannot complain with the check-in staff. They were friendly and polite. Also I cannot complain about the cleanliness of the bathroom. But their carpet and their pillow covers, the sheets and mattress have to go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear truthintraveling,

I wanted to thank you for the feedback you gave regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to provide the best service, cleanest rooms and the best hotel amenities in the Eden Prairie area and we are so sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations.

I will be taking a look at all of the issues you described and make any appropriate adjustments to ensure that our hotel remains ranked very high in the Trip Advisor rankings.

Our main objective is to ensure that our hotel guests return to our hotel, so if there is anything we can do for you, please contact me at colin.klipfel@hilton.com.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a valentines get a way. It was nice and quiet. The staff was very helpfull. We did not purchase the breakfast with the stay but it looked very good. Would recomend this place .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jeffrey t,

We are so happy that you and your wife were able to stay with us for your valentines getaway. We were also wanted to thank you for the fantastic feedback you provided regarding your stay.

Take care and we hope you will get an opportunity to stay with us again very soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The title really says it all. The view is obviously out of the hands of the Hilton Garden Inn and its excellent staff, but nevertheless, it was a very disappointing surprise. Everything else was great. They saved my but with a complementary toothbrush and toothpaste and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Atlantic,

Thank you very much for your business and also for the feedback you shared regarding your stay with us!

I would have to agree with you on the current view across the road from us and I am hopeful that once the construction ends and the company adds landscaping, it will be a big improvement!

Take care and we hope to see you back very soon!

Eveleth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went to Minneapolis for a funeral in Plymouth, MN. From the Hilton website, it appeared that the Eden Prairie Hilton Garden was closer than the Maple Grove Hilton Garden Inn, but as it turned out, with all the driving around Plymouth, the Maple Grove hotel would have been closer. There’s one other reason we should have stayed in Maple Grove, a great bakery very close to the hotel! I’d completely forgotten about all the treats and wonderful macarons at the bakery. However, despite the fact that it would have been better to stay in Maple Grove, our two night stay at the Eden Prairie Garden Inn was excellent.

When making my reservation over the phone, and again when I checked in, I asked for the quietest room possible, and we certainly got it. Our room faced a brick embankment into the side of a hill, and it was at the end of the hall. Some people might not like having to go all the way to the end of a hall, but that way, we were far away from traffic, the elevators where people like to talk, and of course, the ice machine. One thing that I look for in a hotel is whether or not it faces a highway. It's really hard to block out the noise of traffic. This hotel is a ways off the highway, so that helped keep the noise level down as well. Early in the morning I could hear the noise from the highway, even though it was far away from the barrier. I had to use ear plugs, but that was only because my husband was snoring!

I often have trouble sleeping because I have fibromyalgia, and normally sleep on a very thick memory-foam mattress. Even with the "Garden System" adjustable beds that you can control the softness or firmness on the side of the mattress, I generally find the beds too hard. So this time I brougth a fluffly mattress pad that I folded over and put it right under me. Despite my attempst to get comfortable, I still woke up often and in pain, so you can't judge the mattress by my experience. However, the last time we stayed at a hotel, it was an Embassy Suites and my husband couldn't sleep and woke up with a stiff neck. We did report that to the front desk when we left and they promised to check if the mattress needed to be replaced. At this Hilton Garden Inn in Eden Prairie, my husband slept like a baby, and he never woke up during the night, so the mattress must be good. One complaint we had is the same one we have with nearly every hotel and that is the dryness of the room due to the electic heat. So I soaked hand towls with water, and carefully laid them on the heater, securing them with cans of Coke that I'd brought. I also put the large bath towels on the floor to absorb any water that might fall to the carpet. I am very careful when I do this as I do not want to damage the heater or the carpet.

The only other complaint that we had was that the refrigerator didn't keep anything even slightly cool. The cans of Coke that wer holding the wet towels down on the heater were cooler than the ones in the fridge. But we should have complained to Management, and we didn't. However, we did tell them on checkout so that they could check to see what is wrong with the fridge.

Sometimes when we travel in the winter, I bring an empty spray bottle, and fill it with water upon arrival. Several times during our stay, I lightly spray the room, and after checking the curtains and carpeting to see if they could handle a light water spray. If I think that they can handle an exceptional light spray. Keep in mind, that if you damage anything, you are responsible for paying for the damages. If you don't know much about fabrics, don't try to spray the carpet and curtains, of it could be very costly to you.

The room was exceptionally clean, but it would help staff and guests if there were boards beneath the bed so you could see that you didn't leave anything under the bed without having to use a flashlight. The housekeeper, whose name I've forgotten was very nice. I left our keys in the room and after we got to the car I realized that I'd left something in the room, TWICE! She never looked frustrated or irritated that I was disrupting her work, as she just smiled and let me back in. My husband loves the coffee and cookies in the lobby and the very tasty breakfast. We both really enjoyed our dinner as well, and had a great server!

We went to the liquor store for a 4 pk of white zinfandel, as we each wanted one glass in our room. I wish that I'd gone to the Pavilion Pantry before finding a liquor store, as they sold separate small bottles of white zinfandel right there at the hotel. I highly recommend you stay at this hotel when in the area.

Room Tip: In general, at any hotel, ask for a very quietroom, and when you get to the room, before you do any...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear SpaceQueen,

Thank you so much for he thorough feedback you provided regarding your stay with us!

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and wish you well in your travels!

Colin Klipfel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!