“A really nice, QUIET room!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rates from $89!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Eveleth
“A really nice, QUIET room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went to Minneapolis for a funeral in Plymouth, MN. From the Hilton website, it appeared that the Eden Prairie Hilton Garden was closer than the Maple Grove Hilton Garden Inn, but as it turned out, with all the driving around Plymouth, the Maple Grove hotel would have been closer. There’s one other reason we should have stayed in Maple Grove, a great bakery very close to the hotel! I’d completely forgotten about all the treats and wonderful macarons at the bakery. However, despite the fact that it would have been better to stay in Maple Grove, our two night stay at the Eden Prairie Garden Inn was excellent.

When making my reservation over the phone, and again when I checked in, I asked for the quietest room possible, and we certainly got it. Our room faced a brick embankment into the side of a hill, and it was at the end of the hall. Some people might not like having to go all the way to the end of a hall, but that way, we were far away from traffic, the elevators where people like to talk, and of course, the ice machine. One thing that I look for in a hotel is whether or not it faces a highway. It's really hard to block out the noise of traffic. This hotel is a ways off the highway, so that helped keep the noise level down as well. Early in the morning I could hear the noise from the highway, even though it was far away from the barrier. I had to use ear plugs, but that was only because my husband was snoring!

I often have trouble sleeping because I have fibromyalgia, and normally sleep on a very thick memory-foam mattress. Even with the "Garden System" adjustable beds that you can control the softness or firmness on the side of the mattress, I generally find the beds too hard. So this time I brougth a fluffly mattress pad that I folded over and put it right under me. Despite my attempst to get comfortable, I still woke up often and in pain, so you can't judge the mattress by my experience. However, the last time we stayed at a hotel, it was an Embassy Suites and my husband couldn't sleep and woke up with a stiff neck. We did report that to the front desk when we left and they promised to check if the mattress needed to be replaced. At this Hilton Garden Inn in Eden Prairie, my husband slept like a baby, and he never woke up during the night, so the mattress must be good. One complaint we had is the same one we have with nearly every hotel and that is the dryness of the room due to the electic heat. So I soaked hand towls with water, and carefully laid them on the heater, securing them with cans of Coke that I'd brought. I also put the large bath towels on the floor to absorb any water that might fall to the carpet. I am very careful when I do this as I do not want to damage the heater or the carpet.

The only other complaint that we had was that the refrigerator didn't keep anything even slightly cool. The cans of Coke that wer holding the wet towels down on the heater were cooler than the ones in the fridge. But we should have complained to Management, and we didn't. However, we did tell them on checkout so that they could check to see what is wrong with the fridge.

Sometimes when we travel in the winter, I bring an empty spray bottle, and fill it with water upon arrival. Several times during our stay, I lightly spray the room, and after checking the curtains and carpeting to see if they could handle a light water spray. If I think that they can handle an exceptional light spray. Keep in mind, that if you damage anything, you are responsible for paying for the damages. If you don't know much about fabrics, don't try to spray the carpet and curtains, of it could be very costly to you.

The room was exceptionally clean, but it would help staff and guests if there were boards beneath the bed so you could see that you didn't leave anything under the bed without having to use a flashlight. The housekeeper, whose name I've forgotten was very nice. I left our keys in the room and after we got to the car I realized that I'd left something in the room, TWICE! She never looked frustrated or irritated that I was disrupting her work, as she just smiled and let me back in. My husband loves the coffee and cookies in the lobby and the very tasty breakfast. We both really enjoyed our dinner as well, and had a great server!

We went to the liquor store for a 4 pk of white zinfandel, as we each wanted one glass in our room. I wish that I'd gone to the Pavilion Pantry before finding a liquor store, as they sold separate small bottles of white zinfandel right there at the hotel. I highly recommend you stay at this hotel when in the area.

Room Tip: In general, at any hotel, ask for a very quietroom, and when you get to the room, before you do any...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear SpaceQueen,

Thank you so much for he thorough feedback you provided regarding your stay with us!

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and wish you well in your travels!

Colin Klipfel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel shortly before Christmas. The hotel is fairly new, clean, and in a good location. The staff was friendly and efficient. We were greeted with chocolate chip cookies. There is a little pantry area to buy snacks and other supplies, if needed.

Our chief complaint is that the pool was cold! Luckily (for us), the hot tub wasn't hot, so our kids could play in there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Travel Rules,

I wanted to thank you for your business and also for the feedback you shared regarding your stay with us!

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, but I also wanted to apologize for the pool being a little cool. We try to keep it right around 85 degrees year round but it sounds like it may have been a situation where we had to add water to both the pool and whirlpool to bring up the water levels. This may be why the whirlpool was not very hot.

Thanks again and we hope your travels will bring you back very soon!

Eau Claire, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've stayed at this property many times and each stay is always wonderful. It's a very well maintained property and very quiet. The staff is always very friendly and kind, especially the gals that work the breakfast. The WiFi is complementary and fast. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. Bath and Body Works products are available in the bathrooms.

Room Tip: Avoid room 139, it's next door to the mechanical room and compressor kicked on and off all night...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Suzb,

First of all I want to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We love when our guests come back to see us!

Your feedback means a lot and as we do with all feedback we receive, we posted this for all of our staff to see!

Take care and we look forward to the next time you visit!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were here for an extremely cold new years weekend and couldn't beat the price for what we got. The kids loved the warm pool (though it is extremely strong chlorine) and late afternoon cookies. Plenty of TV channels. It was so convenient to have breakfast and dinner available right in the lobby. Service was great and the beds comfortable. This will be a place we return again for family visits to the area.

Room Tip: We asked for a room close to the pool and it was really convenient to be right across the hall. Not...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alibarbara,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback you provided regarding our hotel! We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

We also love to hear that you will return if you are ever in the area again. This is music to our ears!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed with my family Saturday nite day before we went and sew my Bears play the Vikings. It's a real nice hotel. I have stayed at some pretty crappy ones in Minnesota and this place was by far one of the best. I mostly stay at Hiltons in Chicago but this place did the job for me. My son locked the bathroom door and my brother went to get a key. The staff was pretty cool about what happen. Rooms are nice wish they were just a bit bigger as we had a group of 4 people in one room. Oh yeah by the way my brother get's business perks and we didn't get the discount breakfast but after going outside for a smoke came back in the front desk felt bad gave us 4 passes for the discount breakfast which was nice of them. Great staff the ladies were very nice!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the building other then that no view outside as it's kinda in the midd...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bigserb,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I was also happy to hear that our staff took good care of you while you were here!

We wish you well and hope your travels will bring you back to the Eden Prairie area soon!

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Hilton's second tier hotel brand goes a little upscale at this hotel, with a full breakfast option (for a reasonable added charge), and a very friendly and helpful staff! Rooms are large and very clean. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear sbh858,

I wanted to thank you for your the kind words you shared and let you know how happy we are that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

Thank you for your business and we hope we will see you again very soon!

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recommend the HGI in Eden Prairie. The rooms are nice and the staff is very helpful. I wish I could give all the names, but the truth is they were all very nice. I do remember Lou Ann (not sure of the spelling) who checked me out. She was really nice. Also the battery on my car went dead and the lady who got me someone to jump start my car was very helpful (Emily?). And also the lady who served me dinner on 11/16 was very nice. BTW - I recommend their walleye dinner. Again sorry I didn't get the names. I'll remember next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Philfourthirteen,

We are so happy that you enjoyed our hotel rooms, food and service during your stay! I was also happy to hear that we were able to get your car started. I will be certain to share your outstanding feedback with all of our staff!

Until we see you again, we wish you well with your travels.

Colin Klipfel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!